Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By nessa23
  • 1 Post By cushiebunny
  • 1 Post By JayneDoe1956

Thread: FPCs and get a free GC?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The reading of their coupon policy leads me to believe if I had FPCs and they had a promo such as get a $10 GC with a $50 purchase that I should get the GC if I pay with coupons.
    I know sometimes it is about the code that is entered, but I'm curious what your experiences have been?
    Does it depend upon the SDM, the individual managers, the cashier at hand, or knowing your stuff and having the policy there with you?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

never worked for me
    i also bought huggies with fpc hoping to get 3000 bonus points and they said no bonus points in this case.. Then today i decided to take back huggies, but once again they said no you cants return it as you ve got them for free (with FPC)
    Kind of disappointing i guess im not using my fpc there again

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JustTatiana View Post
    never worked for me
    i also bought huggies with fpc hoping to get 3000 bonus points and they said no bonus points in this case.. Then today i decided to take back huggies, but once again they said no you cants return it as you ve got them for free (with FPC)
    Kind of disappointing i guess im not using my fpc there again
    Just wondering what exactly you thought you would get for returning them?

With regards to the OP, it should be that you're given the $10 GC however it does depend on store. Many SC'ers have complained that when it is something to be received from the cashier (like the GC), the cashiers often don't want to give you the item when you have not paid the $50 OOP
    Last edited by Safyre; Fri, Nov 30th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I just don't bother shopping when it is a 'gift card' promo. Totally not worth it, since you have to spend another $50 to get the $10 off... totally stupid in my opinion! I save my money for 20x points days!
    I don't tend to redeem FPC's either, as you don't even get the base points for them... even some of my BOGO or B2G1 Free coupons, they punch in as 2002 and I don't get the points on those items either.
    uanoor, innaor, DianneS and 1 others like this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Some succeed at insisting on paying the taxes if the wording states the customer should pay the taxes, then they manage to get points and do quite well. I've yet to ask a manager if they are willing to play ball though.
    I was thinking more if they do a movie promo, or a $10 Timmie's GC. I've got some FPCs that expire end of December and I'm just trying to make the most of them.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I don't think FPC's count for any kind of promo unless they are entered in as 2001 and you pay the tax on them. I could be wrong?
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i was hoping to get a gift card so i could buy couple of the smaller huggies packs and get 3000 bonus points as i am about 9000 points short till i hit the big 95000

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

FPCs do not count towards promos, just cents off coupons - they enter them differently

With a FPC it is entered as 2002, you pay no taxes and it does not count towards your base total for promotions
    With a $5 off coupon, its entered as 2001, you pay taxes and it does count towards your base total for promotions
    Store coupons, it depends how they enter them (manager specials etc)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had that same experience on Wednesday, so, instead of trying to clarify this to the cashierist (who spoke very loudly and I was getting embarrassed with the other customers listening to her speak so loud) I called the manager first thing next morning. He told me the $50.00 is counted before coupons, and for me to go to the store with my receipt and get my GC, which I did.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

The coupon explicitly (don't mind my tired brain that can't spell) states FPC do not count.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Thread Information