User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: A letter that just made me cry

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

As many of you know I retired last year after 25 years in the military....After I retired I was down in the dumps because I missed everyone....this weekend a buddy of mine is visiting us and he brought me a gift with a letter and after reading it I cried so hard...not a sad crying but an overwhelmed crying.....to know that there are people who think about me even after I have gone....right now I am just so overwhelmed with emotion...so I wanted to share it with my Sc friends....I have also attached some pics that were from fellow Canadians who supported me while I served...it is people like this who made it all worth while....below is what this lady wrote to me...I have blocked out her last name and mine for privacy....

Dear Teresa xxxxxx:

Or should I say Sharkie? It just seems like everyone adresses you by Sharkie. I am writing because I just found out you retired last year. I hope this letter does get to you. I was told by a friend of yours Dan, that he would forward it to you.My family and I had the pleasure of meeting you in 2007 when you and your group had returned from Afghanistan with the bodies of 6 of your fallen comrades. The kindness that you showed for all the children, my husband and I have never forgotten it and I am sure we never will.You and your fellow comrades were coming out just before you all began your drive down the highway of heroes. You may not remember us but we certainly remember you. As you and the others were walking by us, all the children were wanting to see you all and say hello, but because of security they could not get near you. We watched as you were looking over at the children and all of a sudden you walked right through and past security and headed towards them and then several of your comrades followed you. We could see the tiredness and grief in your eyes and yet you came over and started shaking the children's hands and speaking with them. The children were so happy. My daughter Crystal still has your autograph and she proudly displays it on her wall.She even says that when she is older she wants to be like you and become a soldier. My husband and I think that if she even becomes half the person you are that we would be so proud of her. There were some people there who had met you before and one lady works in town at a restaurant you and your friends would go to and she said that you radiant kindness and bravery and that you never treated anyone like they were not important. I would have to say that we agree with her. We have always heard so many good things about you and we feel so happy that we had the chance to meet you. When we heard you retired, Crystal was so disappointed because she thought that you would still be there when she was older. My husband told her that you put 25 years in the military and you had done so much for our country that it was your turn to relax. I hope that you do not mind that we asked him to give you this letter, but we wanted you to know that we think about you and we wish you a great retirement. You have certainly earned it and you deserve to kick back and not carry the bourdons that you once did. Dan said you do return sometimes for visits and that we may see you in town sometime. That would be nice to get to see you again. I hope you like cinnamon scents and enjoy the centerpiece. My family wishes you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

sincerely Claudette xxxxxxxx

Name:  bruce.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  26.5 KBName:  DSCN1572-1.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  17.3 KBName:  GetAttachment3.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  23.6 KBName:  GetAttachment5.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  20.6 KBName:  GetAttachment77.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  16.9 KBName:  paula.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  23.9 KBName:  photo5.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  35.0 KBName:  stacey.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  30.4 KBName:  GetAttachment9.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  30.0 KBName:  GetAttachment57.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  43.6 KBName:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  28.9 KB

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by sharkie; Fri, Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kudos to you Sharkie
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you joyce_joyang
    joyce_joyang likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Awww!! That's lovely - so nice of them to take the time to write that - the military is incredibly under-appreciated, in my view - we Canadians are fortunate indeed. People forget too easily that our democracy stands on the backs of everyone involved in ensuring it endures. Thanks for sharing!!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you screamy....

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Wow. I teared up reading myself, and the letter isn't even addressed to me. Those are very kind, and strong words. To know that someone looks up to you, and wants to be like you must be an amazing feeling to have. You seem to have touched many lives...and that in the end is what the best strive for. And, for that, you will never be forgotten so stop crying and be proud of your accomplishments...not only in the army, but in the hearts of these people!
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I started crying even before I got to the letter . I wasn't aware of your retirement nor of the 25 years you spent in service until now. My deepest gratitude and respect to you.

I love you too, Sharkie !!
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you natynat and yes I am proud of what I accomplished in my life...but it is still overwhelming to know they still think of me
    ticul and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I started crying even before I got to the letter . I wasn't aware of your retirement nor of the 25 years you spent in service until now. My deepest gratitude and respect to you.

I love you too, Sharkie !!

wow thank you snuffaluffagus...you are so sweet...
    jasperandchar likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

A big THANK YOU for serving our country. My son in law was in the clean up efforts and l was pleased that he came home safe and sound. l honor you people every day for giving us our freedom.
    screamy, ticul, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    455 (100%)

WOW...it's people like you that make our country what it is. Thank you so very much for all you have done for us. God bless !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

An amazing letter for an amazing person. Thank you for sharing it with us, it is an excellent reminder of the influence we can have on others and the positive influence you have been, and continue to be!

Thank you for being you!
    ticul and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks ColleenMGorecki, knitting nurse and coupongirl99 for your kind comments....I have always felt that we come from a great country with the greatest people....I have met alot of them over the years...even after retiring and gettting into couponing and joining this site, and seeing alot of you from Sc just reinforces that belief.....
    ticul and jasperandchar like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Thank you Sharkie for being a part of a group of people that keeps us and others safe and free. Thank you for sharing your letter and for touching our hearts!
    ZumbaQueen, ticul, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you rigatti....
    jasperandchar likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information