User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: A letter that just made me cry

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    A truly remarkable story and a truly remarkable life. ( With sooooooooo much more to come) May you have a long and Healthy Retirement. Thankyou so much for sharing and Thankyou for what you have done. Sometimes I think we underestimate the true acts of kindness that we perform. You steping through the security lines and shaking hands with the children is making me cry as I type. You are a leader. That little girl that wants to follow in your footsteps. You have given her hope for the future. In our lives we meet one or more people that can change our future. It could be that teacher that bought the runners for the girl from the poor family so she could run in track, or perhaps the Dr. that collected food and brought it up to the home of the starving children. They have left there mark in the minds of many. True Heroes- Just like you

thank you Scottishgal.....my parents were wonderful good people who taught me alot about things and about being kind and making a difference in life.....I was their only child and when I told them at 18 I was joining the services, I know they were not too thrilled...the fact that I was a girl and the fact that I was their only child caused them much worry....but they accepted it because of the things they taught me......I am retired now now but I still try to practice and live by what they taught me....I guess that is why I love sending out raoks to people.....I still want to help others and be kind, I just do it in different ways now....
    Last edited by sharkie; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

As a military wife- I commend you for your service, and what a beautiful letter! You certainly deserve all the love- you are an amazing woman!
    sharkie likes this.
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

awwww that made me tear up, amazing letter....well deserved I am sure, to know you make that kind of impact on someone is amazing. Thank you for keeping our country safe and free.
    sharkie likes this.
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Oh WOW, 25 years in service!!!! No wonder you missed them all ... after so many years together, it's like a part of your family now. Such a lovely Christmas gift you've got!!! It sure does warm your heart and comforts you. I am happy for you, Sharkie.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sharkie likes this.
    ARE YOU PART OF A PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION BE A INFORMED SHOPPER

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you Briwantstosave,SmileSlly,N@t@ and barginbin-barbie for your kind words
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that's a very moving letter sharkie. Thanks to you and our military personnel for all your hard work, dedication and bravery.
    sharkie and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

That's totally awesome dear, WTG!!
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thank you for sharing, and for all that you've done. Clearly, you are a special person

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Sharkie, you are one amazing Shark,

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks seylz_gurl, Mystic, Silk and elizabethjohn2005 for taking the time out to leave such nice comments....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sharkie - you obviously sow a lot of positivity as you move through life. This has been true of you here on SC and I'm not surprised by the letter you received or the many people who wanted to connect with you! (But I must admit, I had a good sniffle!) Even living through what must have been a very challenging time serving your country, you have the grace to add smiles to people's lives! Thank-you, sincerely!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sharkie - you obviously sow a lot of positivity as you move through life. This has been true of you here on SC and I'm not surprised by the letter you received or the many people who wanted to connect with you! (But I must admit, I had a good sniffle!) Even living through what must have been a very challenging time serving your country, you have the grace to add smiles to people's lives! Thank-you, sincerely!

thank you avoncallingyou...I happen to think you are also someone who enjoys adding smiles to people's lives....

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Wow. Sharkie, you're amazing!!!! I feel honored to know you!! Well, to be a part of the same community as you. You rock!! Xo
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sharkie - Thank you for your hard work, bravery and service. We are ALL so blessed by your actions. Kudos to you and all the wonderful men and women in the military.
    sharkie likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information