User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Another Canada Post Rant!!! They make me so mad!!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Right around this time last year I had another rant about Canada post, and it seems it that time of year again!!! I had had every possible problem in the past with them, and now a whole new one!!!

My husband works away from home for a month at a time, most of the year, its not so bad but December is hardest, mainly because its close to Christmas, and I have three kids which means lots of things to buy. The weather here in December also contributes to how hard it is, its -15 on a good day and goes down as low as -30. Who wants to take 3 kids out in that?? So this month will be a short month because of Christmas shut down, and he will be home on the 21st. I stocked up on necessities, hoping to only have to go out once while he was gone. I had bought enough milk and yogurt and fruits to last till the 18th ( the expiry on the milk, I bought a few, would rather throw some out at the end then run out ) so was hoping to only have to go on the 18th to pick up milk, which worked out since that was free rice crispy day anyway.

Enough of my long winded background on it... lol. Back to my rant!! lol!! I have been shopping online for most of my kids Christmas gifts. Makes it so much easier to have things delivered here, than taking 3 kids out in the freezing cold, not to mention, its hard to buy gifts from "Santa" when they are right there with me. I have been making sure I choose online stores with Expedited shipping that delivers by Canada post right to the door. I have been tracking orders and last Thursday I tracked one and it said "Out For Delivery" We were home all day, my husband didnt leave till this weekend. I figured our mail was late that day, and at 3:30 when my daughter gets home from school she always checks the mail box. I told her the mail wasnt there yet but if she wanted she could check. She did, and there in the mail box was our mail, along with a Parcel Pick up card. I tracked it again, and it said "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up." I thought that perhaps he tried to deliver it and we some how didnt hear the door. No biggie, my husband was home anyway so I went to the post office and picked it up.

Yesterday, I tracked another package, said "Item out for delivery" so I made sure to keep a close eye on the mail boxes across the street. I saw the mail man deliver the mail to the boxes and thought for sure he would be bringing over my package. But NOPE, drove right pass my house!!!! I checked the mail, there was again another parcel card!!! When I checked the status of the package a few hours later.... wouldn't ya know....."Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up." I know for a fact he didn't attempt to deliver it this time!!! I watched him the whole time!!!! Now I have to take 3 small children, out in the miserable cold, drag 3 kids into a post office and back just to pick up an item that was suppose to be delivered to my door. This makes me so mad!! The whole point of shopping online was so I didn't have to take the kids out in this weather, and now twice in a row my packages were not delivered to my door like they were suppose to be!!! Makes me so mad. I realize its busy and they don't want to go through all the work of delivering parcels to houses.... but its their job and these packages are sent expedited mail at a higher cost for the convince of being door delivered. Yet again.... I wanna go postal!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I would complain to a supervisor.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I would be absolutely livid at this. They charged the sender (who no doubt charged you) for this service and the letter carrier is flat out refusing to do his job. I would be complaining to Canada Post VERY loudly
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

id lose my mind to a manager or someone willing to help you. that's BS. Nothing but a lazy worker
    walkonby and lghend like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree... I would be livid..and I would complain..and man..they wouldn't want to here from me, let me tell you..when I complain....I *REALLLLLLLLLLY* complain lol.
    sweetmomma, walkonby and lghend like this.
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have had this happen to me a couple times before with CP, drives me completely insane the fact that they lie and say they attempted delivery when in reality they did not!!
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I'd be pretty mad as well. I would definitely let someone at CP know how you feel!
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

How did the notice get to your mail box if the driver drove right on by? Does another postal worker deliver the notice? That really sucks. When ever I have a parcel being delivered I always leave a note on the door saying to ring the door bell. It works every time. I guess it's hit or miss with Canada Post Ive always had good luck with them. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I am waiting on a parcel from Walmart via Canada Post as we speak.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

I hear ya... I ordered an online gift for my daughter and stupidly chose Canada Post b/c it was less expensive...
    I saw the Mail Man walk upto the house and be on his way... (I was outside chatting w/neighbour)
    Went to pick up the Mail and there was a delivery notice stuck to the door!!!
    Now when I had placed the order I had requested Side door delivery (Just like I do from UPS)
    When I called to see why it wasn't delievered I was told that the Mail Man said my sidewalk wasn't clear...
    Interesting... (the walkway along side the house was snowed over) BUT the Driveway was freshly cleared!
    Surely he saw us standing in the driveway (seeing he had to walk right past us?!?)
    That was Friday, The weather here has been crummy at best.
    I was told I have 15 days to pick it up, they will not attempt re~delivery...
    Last time I order anything thru CP I'd much rather pay the extra few $$$ knowing UPS will attempt delivery 3x...
    OR will allow you to pick a day to redeliver...
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    How did the notice get to your mail box if the driver drove right on by? Does another postal worker deliver the notice? That really sucks. When ever I have a parcel being delivered I always leave a note on the door saying to ring the door bell. It works every time. I guess it's hit or miss with Canada Post Ive always had good luck with them. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I am waiting on a parcel from Walmart via Canada Post as we speak.
    We don't have home delivery, we have a set of boxes across the street from my house for the whole cul de sac. The only thing they bring to doors is the expedited parcels.... sometimes.

I think I will call and complain, if anything the rest of my packages may actually show up at my house. I hate having to take the babies out in this weather
    SFARAZ and saveadollardiva like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

This has happened to me with UPS, twice too. They leave a notice that they attempted delivery, when I was home all day and know for a fact they didn't. I called UPS and spoke to a supervisor. Then next day, my package was delivered, but it didn't help, because just a short few weeks later, it happened again. Same driver, same notice. I think they are in such a hurry that they can't be bothered to knock on a door, or buzz an apt. # to see if you are actually home. It's much easier to just leave you a notice.

Grrr.....
    walkonby and i_forget like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ya, super frustrating when stuff like this happens. We are paying for this service, so busy/lazy/bad weather/flat tire/what have you! that is no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

All I have to say, is that it will never get fixed if no one is reporting it as a problem. Good luck!
    GoddessDigi and walkonby like this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel for you and this is ridiculous.They are being very well paid and still not doing their duty...BTW in toronto here the weather is so warm today.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yes Jenny complain loud and long, tell the Supervisor you witnessed the worker driving away yourself! Ugh!! That sticks in my craw! Not all the CP delivery Agents are like that, so many of them really do attempt, and customers have been in the shower, or downstairs in the laundry room, etc, just did not hear the doorbell even though they were technically home.

Really, you need to report that and they will " re attempt " that parcel at your request..it will not cost you extra, Please do it, do not drag the kids out in bad weather because of that. Post the update when you have time!
    Natalka, Granger, i_forget and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in a rural area and same with you, we don't have home deliveries, just a set of boxes at the end of the street. Many times, the delivery notice was left at the mailbox. I am home and the mailman didn't even attempt to ring the door bell. But the thing is when I tracked the orders on the Canada Post website, it said delivery card prepared in the morning. So I would know the parcels will arrive in the postal outlet in the afternoon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information