User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Check Out 51 - Free grocery rebate app!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavingYourHardEarnedMoney View Post
    I totally get what you are saying! Smartphones are expensive! I don't have one either. I was able to be part of the Beta testing group so we emailed a photo of our receipt and can continue doing it if we like. Too bad that's not an option, huh? Maybe they will make it one eventually?
    I wrote on their facebook page and apparantly its because the iphones have software that read the receipt and determine if you actually bought the products.

Imagine if they had to employ someone to actually do that job?! The horror!!!
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Again. does anyone know....Can we use our computers instead of a phone? Thanks.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (75%)

Just downloaded it Going to do my groceries tomorroww...I'm excited to start using this! Should be great. Even if you don't hit every item each week, it will add up quick!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erinjuly4 Join Swagbucks!! Best site to earn free gift cards!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by darlenegrigg View Post
    No. It is only for iphone and ipad users. No one else. Period. End of story. (stupid!)
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by darlenegrigg View Post
    No. All new users can ONLY use the iphone app. Only those of us who were testing the service are allowed to continue sending via email.

As for those questioning how they could be making money, my guess is that the companies treat it as promotions/sampling. They probably pay Checkout 51 a certain amount for each rebate received, in hopes that we'll continue to buy it. Its cheaper than printing coupons. The cashbacks are amazing right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it dwindles as users grow and perhaps competitors arrive. I can't imagine they are making much money right now, but will as volume increases. I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts!!

Just a tip: Monitor your flyers. Since the new rebate list comes out Thurs morning, you can take advantage of any sales ending that day (ie Food Basics), as well as any other stores that start their sales on Fridays.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Also at Staples/Staples.ca (had good deal on Werthers). They are pretty leniant, it just has to be Canadian.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I downloaded to my daughter's ipod touch (I only have ipod nano) and it seems to be working fine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    No. It is only for iphone and ipad users. No one else. Period. End of story. (stupid!)
    Thanks, they sent me an invite and I can't join then.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    No. All new users can ONLY use the iphone app. Only those of us who were testing the service are allowed to continue sending via email.

As for those questioning how they could be making money, my guess is that the companies treat it as promotions/sampling. They probably pay Checkout 51 a certain amount for each rebate received, in hopes that we'll continue to buy it. Its cheaper than printing coupons. The cashbacks
    are amazing right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it dwindles as users grow and perhaps competitors arrive. I can't imagine they are making much money right now, but will as volume increases. I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts!!

Just a tip: Monitor your flyers. Since the new rebate list comes out Thurs morning, you can take advantage of any sales ending that day (ie Food Basics), as well as any other stores that start their sales on Fridays.
    Thank you!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by agarla View Post
    I downloaded to my daughter's ipod touch (I only have ipod nano) and it seems to be working fine.
    iPod touch doesn't have a camera does it? You need a camera for it to work.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is an email that I sent to this website about their program, and the response:

Hi,
    I am considering using this application and want to know something.
    When I upload my receipt, can I blank out items on the receipt that are not
    on your rebate list?

I am VERY concerned about giving out information about all the items that I
    buy on all receipts that I would send in.

I don't want some 3rd party company knowing everything that I purchase.
    Thank you.
    Gord

----------------

Here is their response:

Hi Gordon,
    Thank you for your question.
    I totally understand your concerns about third party companies seeing your purchase history. For processing purposes, we will only accept and approve receipts for which we can read the entire receipt. However, in accordance with our privacy policy, we never provide any information that could identify you personally to any third parties.
    We've understand trust is key to our relationship with our members and have worked hard to come up with a privacy policy that is clear and easy to read.
    You can see the whole thing here: http://checkout51.com/privacy

Please let me know if you have any further questions about our privacy policy.
    Thanks,
    Vicky
    Checkout 51 Support Team

--------------------

So, it seems that this program is not "nefarious" as I had thought it might be.
    I might just try it out.
    super_e likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmiecp View Post
    iPod touch doesn't have a camera does it? You need a camera for it to work.
    Yes, the iPod Touch has a camera! It seems like it'll work on my iPod Touch anyway, which is good because I don't have a smartphone.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Any idea when the program will be available in QC?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (75%)

So are we only able to buy ONE of each item?? At my Dollerama, the arm & hammer toothpaste is only $1.00. Thus,making the product free since the app says "any size"

As well Dollerama has smaller bags of ruffles chips (not sure if they are 235g) but how does that work?

What if it just comes up on the recipt as like "toothpaste" Does it need to have the actual name "arm & hammer toothpaste"?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erinjuly4 Join Swagbucks!! Best site to earn free gift cards!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Thanks I was able to download it to my ipad.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information