User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Prank call to Kate's hospital results in nurse's suicide!!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

not harsh at all.

stereotypes and prejudice are harsh.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I find it intriguing that everyone has determined that this joke was the one that went too far. I've listened to the radio for years and radio hosts have been doing this type of prank call for years. This time the joke involved royalty, so everyone has decided that this was too much. I've never found that this type of joke is funny, but it's been done on 'commoners' for years. I agree that it's sad that the nurse committed suicide, but I don't necessarily think that the only reason she did this was because of this joke. I think that anything could have been the turning point that made her make this decision, and this just happened to be it. When I make a joke I don't necessarily assume that the other person is at the point of committing suicide and that this joke might be the deciding factor. I don't think that these radio hosts have much to be sorry for. The security in the hospital is the real problem. Why did they allow this phone call to go through?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    A bit harsh.

I understand what Frugal50 was saying and admit I thought it too.....Jacintha Saldanha: Hoaxed nurse 'died of shame': As backlash ...
    However frugal50 posted that comment after I had posted a link about a memorial Mass held for Mrs Saldanha in possibly the most pre-eminent Catholic church in Britain. see posts 83 and 84

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I see.
    Personally I didn't see the humour in it either and feel jokes of that sort are often in poor taste and at the expense of someone else. There are though different cultures that feel strongly about honouring the family name and not bringing shame to it. That is what came across my mind as a possible reason for doing such a terrible thing. I feel bad for her family.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I do wonder whether there would be this same level of hate-mongering towards a journalist who managed to get through to the Royals or a security detail to test for a breach, as there is towards the DJs. I can't help but think that the DJs are an easy scapegoat.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

SHE made the decision to leave her children motherless. No one else. Nothing to do with race, religion or the man on the moon. This crap is how bad stuff gets started. Get over it people
    anisa and erin9mmm like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    SHE made the decision to leave her children motherless. No one else. Nothing to do with race, religion or the man on the moon. This crap is how bad stuff gets started. Get over it people
    I agree. Suicide is a selfish act in my opinion. The ones suffering now are her family and she's to blame.
    As for my comments about the D.J's practical joke itself, I felt that way before she took her life. I think in a world of internet and news at your fingertips jokes like that take an all new meaning and not just for people in the spotlight.
    Natalka likes this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apparently this nurse tried to commit suicide twice months ago by jumping off a building and swallowing pills.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Royal hoax radio show cancelled

The Australian radio show that made the hoax call to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge in December has been cancelled.
    2Day FM's Hot 30 programme had been taken off air following the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who was found hanged after forwarding the call.
    The broadcaster said a new show, hosted by a different DJ, would fill the slot.
    Michael Christian and Mel Greig, the DJs who made the call, were still employed by the station, it added.
    Insane likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Micheal Christian back on air 2 months after Kate prank call

One of the two Australian DJs who made a prank call to the London hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated is back on air.
    Michael Christian was suspended two months ago by 2Day-FM in Sydney after the nurse who answered the phone - and believed the callers to be the Queen and Prince Charles - was found dead.
    Mr Christian is broadcasting on sister-station Fox FM in Melbourne.
    His co-presenter at the time of the prank, Mel Greig, is still off the air.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information