User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Prank call to Kate's hospital results in nurse's suicide!!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

And on another note...I would sue the crap out of a hospital that gave any personal information to my in laws. I don't care if you are the Queen. The hospital should not have been discussing Kate without her consent, especially on the phone. Prank or no prank, that's a breach of confidentiality.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree Insane they should be sued.I also think the radio station should pay the fare for Jess's body to be flown back to her homeland & also pay for her families fares & expenses.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Autum View Post
    I agree Insane they should be sued.I also think the radio station should pay the fare for Jess's body to be flown back to her homeland & also pay for her families fares & expenses.

i don't agree.i don't agree that they should be made to do anything regarding financial ramifications for this.maybe if there is an inquiry then they have grounds to even try to make them pay anything.it's a tragic thing that she did what she did,but i do not think they should be made to pay for any funeral costs.i wish i knew more about the story because it isn't just she got pranked and killed herself,she wasnt even the one who gave up info,so how would she even get in trouble.she had underlying issues,no one should have to pay for a funeral or any other costs.it's tragic sequence.the dj's should have to pay a fine,the station should have to pay a fine and revise their rules,and the hospital has to revise their protocol..

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I don't for a minute doubt that this poor woman had other issues going on...but that just cements my belief that no one should be pulling pranks on complete strangers.

And in response to the comment that she was selfish to leave behind her family...if one can't empathize, then please sympathize with the depth of immense pain a person must be suffering to make the choice to end it so abruptly. We do not have the right to judge her.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I agree. Although it's a good example of "actions have consequences." I tell my children all the time that their actions have consequences. Seems the DJs need to learn that lesson too.
    Personally, I'm getting annoyed at people calling this a "Royal Prank"..Ut wasn't the people affected were not members of the royal family but 2 nurses trying to do thier jobs.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    And on another note...I would sue the crap out of a hospital that gave any personal information to my in laws. I don't care if you are the Queen. The hospital should not have been discussing Kate without her consent, especially on the phone. Prank or no prank, that's a breach of confidentiality.
    From what I've read( I'm looking for that report ATM).. the info given out was the same that Clarence House had issued as a press release.

Radio station "sought permission" to broadcast

The Australian radio station at the centre of the UK royal hospital hoax death says it tried to contact the nurses involved to seek permission to broadcast the taped conversation.
    Sydney station 2DayFM said at least five attempts were made.
    King Edward VII's Hospital said it had no comment to make on the claim.
    TudorChick likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

so if clarence house released the info then the dj's shouldnt be lynched like they are being right now all over the world?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

That's not what I said..

If the ward nurse gave out the approved script from the Prince of Wales's press office, then it really doesn't matter who called for the info..It's the same bland details that had already been published for the world to comment on.

Now, if the ward nurse( who wasn't the lady who commited suicide) gave out really personal info about the duchess's condition to all and sundry who managed to get through to that ward..then that's a whole different matter..
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

It's always a tragedy when someone takes their life.

Having said that, I don't feel the DJs' prank was the sole cause of this tragedy. If anyone is to blame it's the hospital for not having the proper protocols in place to protect the privacy of their patients (proper training of staff, clear guidelines on how to deal with all scenarios). The "prank" just served to reveal a big hole in their operations. And now the hospital is launching a formal protest against the station (best way to deflect blame for their failings ).

It's interesting, from comments I've read on another site, the same folks that are calling for the drawing and quartering of these DJs are the same ones that defended Mary Walsh when she was lambasted by a local politician for tresspassing and scaring the daylights out of his daughter (he was taking his 5 yr old to kindergarten when she jumped out & "attacked" him).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have no words left for anyone who could ever be in a situation like this
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Those fools' radio show has been cancelled.
    Natalka, Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lynn49 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i don't agree.i don't agree that they should be made to do anything regarding financial ramifications for this.maybe if there is an inquiry then they have grounds to even try to make them pay anything.it's a tragic thing that she did what she did,but i do not think they should be made to pay for any funeral costs.i wish i knew more about the story because it isn't just she got pranked and killed herself,she wasnt even the one who gave up info,so how would she even get in trouble.she had underlying issues,no one should have to pay for a funeral or any other costs.it's tragic sequence.the dj's should have to pay a fine,the station should have to pay a fine and revise their rules,and the hospital has to revise their protocol..

So if they hadnt done this prank in the first place which was authorised by the lawyers at the station this would NOT have happened so it is their fault this death happened & why should this poor family also have to bear the expenses of the death & the travel because they did Nothing wrong.People should be made responsible for their actions even if THEY thought it was a funny joke which obviously back fired.As I said before the palace should have had someone their to police any calls to Kate 24/7.Kate is sick again but at the palace now which is a much better option as I said before.I saw Jess had quite young children today which made me sad as they now have to live with this for the rest of their lives,and how it will affect them in their future lives is in question.Unless you have walked in a persons shoes no one knows what it was like for her.I believe they kept playing it over & over on british radio as well so as some said before me the media has to take some blame too.In fact many contributed to this tragic event.Hopefully some good ,if you can call it that, will come out of this so it never happens again.
    Lynn49 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Today and for the rest of their lives, I hope!
    What a senseless death!
    If anything good can come from this tragedy, I hope it's that other pranksters (idiots, really) re-think their plans to make someone look foolish just to provide "entertainment" for their audiences and ratings!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information