Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By s.hamandi
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By luckbealady

Thread: shoveling ICE!!!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not even snow anymore, I was cleaning my driveway omg what a mess it took forever to finish i started taking the garden shovel to break the ice to move it....on top of that the cleaners that finished the street also put some back onto my driveway and that was so hard to get rid of now I am so sore.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby and Decaf like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know! It is is exhausting, I used a garden edger to chop ours, lol.
    i_forget likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I know, I am ready for Spring. I keep trying to look on the bright side - think of all the exercise I'm getting without having to go to the gym! - but its not really working...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

While I'm certainly not thrilled with how cold it is, or how dangerous it is to be driving - I love it. It's Canada! I'm happy to finally have an actual winter. I haven't been icing fishing in years because the ice in our area hasn't even frozen enough for people to go out on it.

It's Canada, it's January. Give me snow and cold. I'll be missing it come 40+ days in the summer.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I heard a couple of loud thuds (one sounded very mechanical)-thought they might be pine tree limbs hitting the snow because the wind was going after midnight.
    Think it was the ice hardening on the front step in the cold--slushy snow from one side had fallen during the overnight chill two nights ago and made a mini bank of snow/ice. Managed to loosen some snow from top this morning but despite the sunshine, the windchill has that heap parked for now.

I read the article in the Toronto Star that most places that are go-to places to pick up salt/ice melter are out of stock. People should head to Shoppers Drug Mart for ice melter because the chain does carry some jugs along with the pocket handwarmers (in boxes of 10 packs). It would not hurt to check if chain grocery stores have a few bags of any salt/ice melter left (don't think there will be too much on clearance this spring!).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Shoppers had no ice melt jugs on the endcap today! Fortino's got more salt bags in today so I got my bag.
    Saw the Blog post about Lowe's deal on ice melter-nice offer for those who can stock up! Same brand as what Shoppers was selling at $8.99

Sunshine is helping the ice to melt! The ice was glassy today--tricky in places but no tumbles.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Touch of ice here and there on walkways-sprinkled some salt though ice melter would be preferable due to small size of granules and the helpful blue tint! Driveway requires some careful negotiation.
    Weekend-was able to pry the last frozen ridge off the top step by using shovel as lever. Suction sound heard as ice left water-satisfying to watch ice break into pieces! There needs to be a repair though as some surface departed with the ice.

Thread Information