User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinkypie

Thread: American Apparel screw-up.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I placed an order online on December 2nd with American Apparel for a Christmas gift.

Five days later the order had still not even processed so I emailed asking about. Got a generic response back.

Nine days after ordering, it still hadn't been processed. I responded to the generic email saying "I know it's the holidays but does it really take nine days (and counting) to process the order?"

Then get a response today (eleven days later) saying "we are so sorry; there was a glitch in the system the day you ordered and it was never processed. Here is 15% off your next order". In those eleven days one of my clearance items is no longer available.

And the order has been processed but it still hasn't even shipped yet. Now I likely won't have it by Christmas since it hasn't shipped! I thought December 2nd allowed enought time, but not when they screw it up for over a week and a half!
    This thread is currently associated with: American Apparel

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Unfortunately with technology this happens. Luckily they gave you a discount for next time!
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

That has happened to me quite a few times (with different companies)... it'll say you purchased it and everything's fine and then nothing

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeah I know it happens... I guess I am just annoyed because I looked into it when it didn't move past the first step of three in those first five days.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm having a slight issue with American Apparel right now too - I ordered a couple of items last month, one was too big so I needed a smaller size, the other was a completely different style than what I had ordered. I had a return set up and sent it in, it arrived November 19, and I still haven't heard anything back or received the correct items (processing time for a return was supposed to be 2-3 weeks). I've just sent an e-mail in - hopefully they haven't forgotten about me!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That really sucks. It does happen unfortunately, but they did have the decency to compensate you with something, right?
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

They I'd compensate me With 15% off my next order, but I don't order from them... It was a gift, so doesn't do anything for me.

The night I posted this, it shipped (after I bugged them the second time, otherwise it was lost in the system). It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Thread Information