User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: OMG Another school shooting!! :( :( :(

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yes but he was not given the opportunity to aquire a weapon of mass destruction. No one is dead.
    Exactly..the knifeman couldn't stand and just randomly hurt the children..he had to get close to them.There's a lot me effort involved to stabbing some-one to death than there is in pulling a trigger and letting loose a hail of bullets to injure and kill......unless you're fighting the A-Team..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

How to talk to your kids about the shootings.

The recent school shootings raise many questions for children (and grown-ups, too). Who would do such a thing? Why? How can I be sure this won't happen to me? Is anyone really safe?
    There are no easy answers about this kind of news, but it is important for parents to try to explain what has happened in order to help ease their fears and anxieties about their personal safety.
    "You want to encourage the kids to talk about what’s upsetting to them about the situation, to get some of the emotion off their chest," said Dr. Alec L. Miller, a child psychologist with New York’s Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It's just as well we're not watching the news (6 y/o DS is here now, I don't want him to hear anything about it).

I'm just so sad. These parents sent their children off to school this morning like any other day, maybe growled at them for taking too long, gave them a hug and a kiss and assumed that they'd be safe and life would be normal at the end of the day. I can't imagine how devastated the families are. I think we're all squeezing our children a bit tighter tonight.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wonderful....Fb is giving me gun ads since I've beeen looking at a lot of reports about this..

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

CNN reporting the mother of the shooter, a teacher at the school, was found dead at her home.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

you mean she wasn't even at the school? when her son was there.?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Obama's speech.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...chool-shooting

Let's hope he can do something against the NRA.

I'm a member of the NRA. No one at the NRA promotes shooting people except in self defence. Obama supports the NRA.
    DaveP likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    you mean she wasn't even at the school? when her son was there.?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/20...d-dead-in-home

She was at the home.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    I am crying.they were mostly kindergarten kids,my sons age...the shooter was the son of a teacher there and another one in custody was a parent of a child.gun laws need to change
    Unbelievable horrible tragedy. But gun laws don't stop crazy people from being crazy.

And I teared up too hearing the extent of this tragedy. I have 2 boys in elementary. Something like this is too horrific to imagine.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Funny and strange how we (in general) were so quick to hang the 2 DJ's and hold them responsible for the death of the nurse and yet no one comes down on gun manufacturers for making bigger better meaner guns that shoot 100 rounds a second and just killed 20 children.

Something just wrong with this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Unbelievable horrible tragedy. But gun laws don't stop crazy people from being crazy.

And I teared up too hearing the extent of this tragedy. I have 2 boys in elementary. Something like this is too horrific to imagine.
    You know what, I agree. Gun laws will not help. What needs to happen is gun manufacturers need to stop producing anything that resembles a weapon of mass destruction.

Start with that. Hurt their bottom line.
    thecountess, Mrs H and Arielmac like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

You know what, I agree. Gun laws will not help. What needs to happen is gun manufacturers need to stop producing anything that resembles a weapon of mass destruction.

Start with that. Hurt their bottom line.
    Gun manufacturers are not to blame for this. A Crazy person is. He could have done this with a .22 rifle, the pansiest of guns. He could have done it with a knife, a baseball bat, a tire iron, his bare hands.

This is a tragic, horrific thing. But it was committed by an insane person and it's almost equally insane to think this could have been prevented with tighter gun laws. He was insane, he still would have killed.

And to try to advance political agendas (gun control) when tragedies like this happen is utterly abhorrent. You have to be a 'special' type of person to do that.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Natalka, erin9mmm and wolfwoman like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Absolutely disgusting. I'm not a fan of guns, but I think when someone is so mentally disturbed that they can do something so horrific it wouldn't matter if they had a gun or not, they are going to kill without regard.

I am absolutely heartbroken for the families of those children. Saying a prayer for them and for the first responders who deal with these tragic scenes.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Gun manufacturers are not to blame for this. A Crazy person is. He could have done this with a .22 rifle, the pansiest of guns. He could have done it with a knife, a baseball bat, a tire iron, his bare hands.

This is a tragic, horrific thing. But it was committed by an insane person and it's almost equally insane to think this could have been prevented with tighter gun laws. He was insane, he still would have killed.

And to try to advance political agendas (gun control) when tragedies like this happen is utterly abhorrent. You have to be a 'special' type of person to do that.

Nope, disagree. He would not have gotten very far with a knife, or a baseball bat or his bare hands. They would have tackled him to the ground rather than be the first 2 people shot to death. (I speak of the principal and the other staff member who were shot)

As for a political agenda being the motivation, who cares what the motivation to change the situation. If you don't act on something because of politics then not a whole heck of a lot would ever get done and you're basically a puppet(read Boehner and Obama) at the mercy of the NRA and other lobbyists. The time is now to talk about it is when it's still fresh, otherwise in 2 weeks people will forget about it.

Interesting you refer to a .22 as a "pansy" of a gun. He chose automatic handguns because they are available, if they were not available .....well that is my point.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information