User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: OMG Another school shooting!! :( :( :(

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    By the same token, if one of the adult victims was carrying this could have been stopped as well.

Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns.
    Using that logic you'd see a hell of a lot more school shootings in Canada. Or most other developed nations. I can't help but notice there's been a whopping 11 in Canada, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...#United_States

I haven't read the entire thread, but this rhetoric is pissing me off. Yes, guns don't kill people, but semi-automatic rifles like the ones he used help people kill a heck of a lot more than a bat or a knife.
    TempestV likes this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

this just rips apart your soul.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Using that logic you'd see a hell of a lot more school shootings in Canada. Or most other developed nations. I can't help but notice there's been a whopping 11 in Canada, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...#United_States

I haven't read the entire thread, but this rhetoric is pissing me off. Yes, guns don't kill people, but semi-automatic rifles like the ones he used help people kill a heck of a lot more than a bat or a knife.

If Canada has had 11, and it appears US roughly 100, that is equal percentage-wise with populations. Canada about 33 million, US 330 Million.

P.S. Just wanted to make you aware, turning a gun into a semi automatic weapon can easily be converted using a farm shop. Don't need to buy a device in order to that. Thus banning them would serve no useful purpose.

I'm still of the opinion culture plays the greatest role in influencing young people to do these thing.

List of alleged Natural Born Killers copycat crimes

((( one not listed here is a kid a cop told me about in 1997 in which some kid shot and killed a woman working at a gas station in Kyle, Sk because he wanted to be like the guys in the film.
    Linn used a line from NBK when he told an undercover officer "I'm a natural born killer -- what a rush". (Saskatchewan's 'Natural Born Killer', Leader Post, November 7, 1998)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In addition to mass shootings... these serial killers are a recent thing. Started to really take off in the 70's if you ask me. Canada has no shortage of those. In recent years Vancouver has had a handful of serial killer arrests, Edmonton a pair and there is the infamous highway of tears in BC.

I chatted with a woman who lost a friend to the freakish Saskatoon child serial killer in the 70's. Pain is just as raw now as then.

IMO, the serial killer epidemic dwarfs mass shootings. Mothers and fathers who don't get closure... there is no worse feeling in the world.

I wish violent & sexually offensive film were not appealing, and that children were not exposed to them.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Moors murders 1960's Britain...at least one of the bodies hasn't been recovered yet.. Some people believe that they killed more than the five youngsters they were found guilty of killling

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

re serial killers..wiki has a list of known serial killers going back to the early 15th centuary to 1900. I seriously doubt that is all of them, especially in places wshere records were either not kept or the events weren't considered to be important enough to record.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    If Canada has had 11, and it appears US roughly 100, that is equal percentage-wise with populations. Canada about 33 million, US 330 Million.

P.S. Just wanted to make you aware, turning a gun into a semi automatic weapon can easily be converted using a farm shop. Don't need to buy a device in order to that. Thus banning them would serve no useful purpose.

I'm still of the opinion culture plays the greatest role in influencing young people to do these thing.

List of alleged Natural Born Killers copycat crimes

((( one not listed here is a kid a cop told me about in 1997 in which some kid shot and killed a woman working at a gas station in Kyle, Sk because he wanted to be like the guys in the film.
    I suggest you do not limit your anecdotal responses on the basis of North America only there are european and asian reference points that there are alternative ways to the deal with the situation and enhances your cultural assertion. So if you quote statistics I would prefer a more grounded view on the basis of Guns per capita in context with the local laws and statutory limitations. You appear to be saying semi-automaticas for anyone who desires them without recourse ?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post

I wish violent & sexually offensive film were not appealing, and that children were not exposed to them.
    Ban Tom and Jerry?? Road-runner?? Heck Bugs Bunny was a frequent cross-dresser..

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Have your handguns, have your pistols, have your hunting rifles, leave weapons that can kill 20 school children in minutes out of the general population.

There is NO place for them outside of warfare, for these weapons.

I managed to live 26 years in Canada without fear of being attacked and needing a gun. I honestly do not get that need for a gun, but I'll chalk that up to 'cultural differences'.
    Arielmac likes this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I just read something that sums up a lot of what we have been saying:

By Annabelle Park

Dear friends who can't tolerate anyone bringing up gun control: You're not going to intimidate me with your !!!!s, ????s, WORDS IN ALL CAPS, namecalling, and threats to unfriend. I am going to speak my mind regardless of your protestations.
    I just wish you loved the First Amendment as much as your reading of the Second Amendment. Instead trying to bully people into submission, let us speak freely. Most people aren't calling for a ban on guns contrary to your knee-jerk reactions. We want better regulations on something that is already regulated. We just want improvements. To quote my friend Jim Sanches, there's a difference between regulating and banning.
    Respect that America needs to talk about this massacre considering many factors including gun control. So, stop making wild accusations, calling people morons, and trying to shut down discussion.
    Dear friends who say that calling for better gun laws is like calling for a ban on cars: First of all, cars are not designed to kill people. Deaths arise from accidents. Secondly, car ownership and driving are highly regulated activities including an elaborate licensing system, insurance mandate, penalties and terms for getting licenses revoked. What we are saying, to quote my friend Mike Stafford, is like calling for seat belt laws after a car crash, not banning cars.
    Jim Sanches writes, "If they're going to use the car analogy, fine, let's regulate them as well as we do cars then. We mandate seat belts, headlights, the licensing of every car yearly and liability insurance on every car for starters. Not to mention all the rules of the road, traffic lights, stops signs, etc we all must obey even if we've never violated any of them."
    Dear friends who say that Newtown is about mental illness and we should only discuss improving healthcare for the mentally ill: This is like saying drinking and driving is about alcoholism and we should only discuss treatment for alcoholism and not discuss how to prevent drinking and driving.
    Dear friends who say the problem is the person not the gun: The problem is the person with the gun.
    Dear friends who say we need guns to protect ourselves from the government: To beat the US government, you're gonna need bigger and better weapons than guns. Would you be in favor of legalizing civilians owning tanks, bombs, fighter planes, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons?
    Dear friends who treat the Constitution as some holy scripture from God and who think they have divined the correct, original, literal, interpretation of it: News Flash! The founding fathers were not psychics who could predict the future. They didn't think of everything. The Constitution doesn't mention online identity theft. Does that mean we shouldn't protect ourselves from it? The genius of the framers of the Constitution is that they wrote a living document that was designed to be amended as we go.
    Dear friends who think we need more God in the classroom: Our country is founded on the the principle of the separation of church and state because it is dangerous to mix power and religion. Historically, it's led to tyranny. No, we do not need more religion in classrooms. We need more common sense and respect for the give-and-take of our democratic process. We need to insist on fact-based, civil dialogue.
    Dear friends who think we need more guns in the classroom to protect our children: Why stop at arming teachers? Why not arm children? How far will you go in thinking that easy access to guns is the solution to the problem of gun violence in our society? Do you want any regulation at all? Do you want buying assault rifles to be as easy as getting a Slurpee from 7-11? Would you allow children to purchase guns? Do you really think easy access to combat weapons is about personal freedom? Do you really think that's what founding fathers had in mind when they made enormous sacrifices to build America? I'm so baffled and disgusted by this response, I only have questions for you. I can't understand how you're thinking about this.
    Dear friends who fear that your guns will be confiscated: NRA seems to enjoy inciting fears among gun owners that guns will be banned and their weapons confiscated. This is just a fear tactic. I don't see anyone on the national stage calling for this, certainly not on Capitol Hill.
    There is a big difference between NRA members and NRA leadership by the way. There are ideas for better regulations that the majority of NRA members agree on, but the NRA leadership does not advocate for them or are fiercely opposed to them. For example, the majority of NRA members support closing the gun show loophole, reporting lost and stolen guns, and states sharing records with the National Instant Background Check System.

Instead of encouraging discussion and real information, NRA spreads fear and misinformation. Please listen to what we are actually saying instead of what you fear we are saying.
    Sincerely, Annabel
    Annabel is a filmmaker and the founder of the Coffee Party. Her new documentary project is Story of America: A Nation Divided.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Guns are too accessible to people in the US. You can go to Walmart and buy the exact same assault rifle (or "modern sporting rifle" as the gun people like to call it) that was used in this massacre for about $1250. If you have the money and there's a Walmart near you...

They should limit gun sales to regulated outlets, not some Walmart where someone making minimum wage is charge of all the paperwork

Also it is questionable if anyone needs magazines that hold crazy amounts of bullets for hunting. They could probably ban magazines that hold over a certain number of bullets or regulate their sale more closely without banning guns and see a benefit
    I do agree with that.
    walmart or any other retailer like that should not be able to sell guns.
    maybe a model similar to that of the lcbo would be more effective.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Those kind of weapons shouldn't be on the market. Soldiers don't buy their weapons from Walmart and there is not need for anyone to own this kind of weapon either. Who in their right mind would buy an assault rifle anyway? It's not like you are going to get robbed by a dozen terrorists in your house.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just came across this; so touching, started me off crying again...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am just reading about some of the "prepers" and seeing what the entire system is like down there, and I am going to say that I am shocked that it is in such a state of chaos and how there is not much uniformity with the sale of these weapons from state to state.
    vesper likes this.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information