User Tag List

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: OMG Another school shooting!! :( :( :(

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
    Poirot and Arielmac like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    You know the NRA has 4.3 million members, but there are 315 million Americans...why is 1.3% of the population holding the rest hostage?
    It's because of popular support. why should the minority, hold the majority hostage? Seriously, what is wrong with law abiding people owning guns? Everyone supports banning guns from criminals and mentally ill people. No one wants machine guns or AK-47's to be made available to the general public.

So why punish the majority of gun owners who are law abiding people, and who prevent more deaths, than criminals and crazy people kill?

Record-Low 26% in U.S. Favor Handgun Ban - Gallup.Com

Name:  n9ggmdee1k60atawqdbprq.gif
Views: 175
Size:  17.0 KB
    Last edited by vesper; Tue, Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

11-year-old takes gun to school fearing another mass shooting

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/11-year-...#ixzz2FT2gcCWk

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

What about Gun Shows, then??

From what I've been reading, and the ads I've been getting on my feeds..around 40% of guns bought per annum are from Gun Shows and the traders openly tout the fact that buying from them at Gun Shows mean a person doesn't have to prove they have a permit. Just show up, choose and pay...simple as that.

And that means people can come from out of state and as long as they have enough pennies can buy as big a gun as they can afford. And it doesn't matter if in thier home state they can't have a gun since now they possess a legally bought gun from a registered trader.

In most states in order to buy a gun from a registered trader, you have to prove you have the "right stuff" but Gun Shows any potential mass murderer or stalker can just pick up a lethal weapon.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's because of popular support. why should the minority, hold the majority hostage? Seriously, what is wrong with law abiding people owning guns? Everyone supports banning guns from criminals and mentally ill people. No one wants machine guns or AK-47's to be made available to the general public.

So why punish the majority of gun owners who are law abiding people, and who prevent more deaths, than criminals and crazy people kill?

Record-Low 26% in U.S. Favor Handgun Ban - Gallup.Com

Name:  n9ggmdee1k60atawqdbprq.gif
Views: 175
Size:  17.0 KB
    then why doesn't the NRA lobby the government to ban machine guns or assault or combat weapons??? maybe consider what is best for the greater good instead of oneself. what a shocking concept.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
    lekate likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gun Shows - Hard to buy a gun from a gun show. This loophole was a compromise to allow some legit sales. As always, when dealing with the 'ban guns' people, you take what you can get.

why doesn't the NRA lobby the government to ban machine guns or assault or combat weapons??? - Because licensed trained people buy them. But if you actually read the NRA guidelines, these should only be available to trained licensed people who have no criminal record or mental problems. If you did ban them, trust me, they will flow over the Mexican border in greater numbers.... and only criminals will have them.

assault rifles - There actually isn't an 'assault rifle;. It is cosmetic at best. A gimmick used by anti gun people to scare people. Here is a video I found that can explain it. Truth is, I can turn an ordinary rifle into an 'assault rifle' at Jasper's farm myself.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D6IsvZsLVg

If the US market is denied to them (assault rifles) - Again, they would just flow over the Mexican border in greater numbers. They are cheap to make and there is no law or regulation that criminals will comply with.

Handguns and semiautomatic assault rifles are two different things - I think you mean automatic rifles, in which case I do agree with you. If every state adopted NRA sanctioned guidelines.... few people would qualify to own one. But guess what? States and cities try to ban handguns for whatever reason. Makes no sense. For what it is worth, criminals don't obey gun laws.

Bushmaster AR-15 - I bet 96% of people would agree that kid should never have had this in his possession .. in fact, based on what I read, the mother should not either. Like in the case of the Rep Giffords shooting 2 years ago... the jurisdiction failed to qualify the buyer. ANd that my friend, is one of the greatest grievances the NRA has... govt always fails to do it's part.

When someone wants to buy these kinds of guns, the scrutiny should be great like it is in many states, but I guess not in CT.

Second Amendment - Guns were protected like free speech so folks can hunt, protect themselves, and forcibly remove tyranny should it assume power. No one wants guns to be used for anything else. NO one!

It is my opinion based on 18 years of witnessing this battle, that the anti gun (I am strictly talking about those who want 100% public gun bans) really do not want to find a reasonable solution. They dream for teh day the public has enough and supports bans. But the more they try, the more guns are sold, the more the public supports guns.

The NRA is in 100% agreement with you that something needs to be done to cease these kind of things, and this friday they are once again going to remind everyone where they stand.

I think most of your points are reasonable and acceptable. Does my opinion that culture plays a huge role in mass murder seem at all reasonable?

Thank you.

P.S. I love guns. But I never ever shoot anything other than targets. I don't hunt eitehr. I am trained and follow every NRA safety protocol there is. I happen to also be very vocal against idiots who shoot animals for non hunting reasons (birds, squarells etc for fun). They make me sick.
    Last edited by vesper; Wed, Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post

Bushmaster AR-15 - I bet 96% of people would agree that kid should never have had this in his possession .. in fact, based on what I read, the mother should not either. Like in the case of the Rep Giffords shooting 2 years ago... the jurisdiction failed to qualify the buyer. ANd that my friend, is one of the greatest grievances the NRA has... govt always fails to do it's part.

Why??It was a legal weapon.. Can you show a real reason why another of the shooters victims ought not to have been in possession of an openly bought and sold legal toy.

Second Amendment - Guns were protected like free speech so folks can hunt, protect themselves, and forcibly remove tyranny should it assume power. No one wants guns to be used for anything else. NO one!
    So...whose tyranny?? Is there massed hoards waiting to over-run the USA...but wait... the Second Admentment talks about a well regulated militia not a bunch of Rambo wannbes..

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It says nothing about modern weapons...its about the kind of gun available in the late 18th century..not a multi-bullet magazine gun other wise one of the founding fathers would have made sure you could be in possession of one of those..

It is my opinion based on 18 years of witnessing this battle, that the anti gun (I am strictly talking about those who want 100% public gun bans) really do not want to find a reasonable solution. They dream for teh day the public has enough and supports bans. But the more they try, the more guns are sold, the more the public supports guns.
    Nope..the more scare mongers talk about people being forced at gun-point to give up thier toys ..the more there is a panic buying reaction to a supposed attack on civil liberties. See how some members of the Republican Party tried to paint Senator Obama wanting to single-handedly rip all guns from the trembling hands of law abiding citizens..

The NRA is in 100% agreement with you that something needs to be done to cease these kind of things, and this friday they are once again going to remind everyone where they stand.
    but will eventually get back to thier original aims guns for all......BTDT..seen the dead people.

I think most of your points are reasonable and acceptable. Does my opinion that culture plays a huge role in mass murder seem at all reasonable?
    Whose culture?? Mine doesn't ..
    Mine has suffered at the hands of those whom some Americans, Canadians , Isrealis and Iranians call Freedom Fighters..I'm talking about IRA and it's equally odious felllow Catholic and oppetant Protestant counter-parts..

P.S. I love guns. But I never ever shoot anything other than targets. I don't hunt eitehr. I am trained and follow every NRA safety protocol there is. I happen to also be very vocal against idiots who shoot animals for non hunting reasons (birds, squarells etc for fun). They make me sick.
    Why have a gun and not hunt?? What do you need a gun for then?? Unless you are prepared to kill some-one.
    lekate likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Tea Party on what causes shootings; Unions, Loud steroes and sluts...

Also, about that car stereo thing: A man in Florida (of course) confronted some teens about their loud stereo. They started arguing with him, so he killed one of them with… wait for it… A GUN.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Why Isreal and Switzerland aren't gun-toting utopias

Ezra Klein: Israel and Switzerland are often mentioned as countries that prove that high rates of gun ownership don't necessarily lead to high rates of gun crime. In fact, I wrote that on Friday. But you say your research shows that's not true.
    Janet Rosenbaum: First of all, because they don't have high levels of gun ownership. The gun ownership in Israel and Switzerland has decreased.
    For instance, in Israel, they're very limited in who is able to own a gun. There are only a few tens of thousands of legal guns in Israel, and the only people allowed to own them legally live in the settlements, do business in the settlements, or are in professions at risk of violence.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Iran is saying the Israelis were responsible for this.

I am not making this up.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/18/278706/israeli-squads-tied-to-newtown-carnage/
    I saw people talking about this on facebook. Sadly they believe it. What is this world coming to?
    Last edited by gryphon; Wed, Dec 19th, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well darth penguin, I sense you are a person who believes in an outright ban. I don't. No point in discussing it any further, we won't agree and that is fine. No hard feelings.

I pray that in 10 years we can still be debating gun control.... But I fear new technology will give angry or unstable minds access to greater murder and mayhem beyond firearms.

P.s. yes my training is combat. I hope I never ever need to use it.

Bless you and thanks for sharing your opinions with me.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Darth, if you see this, I know you were born and raised in England where the police don't carry guns (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm really curious what your opinion is on police carrying guns?
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Darth, if you see this, I know you were born and raised in England where the police don't carry guns (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm really curious what your opinion is on police carrying guns?
    in England the "regular" police do not carry guns, however they do have special units that do.
    xox2010 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Yeah of course the SWAT team would have them, but I wonder what the impact is on the ones who don't carry them who do street policing and possibly respond to calls.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information