User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Is Christmas a surprise to people?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I use to shops the last week before Xmas and i did get some very good deal and other time and more time i lost on some good gift and that was my fault. The older i get the smarter i became. I am like CouponGirl my Xmas shopping (and this for many years now) start on Boxing day if i am brave enought to face the crow or on the 27 till next Xmas. Many Boxing day sale are still on till Feb. Beleave me it make's Xmas that much fun to appreciate, because i am always ready before....Hurray for me lol. No but, it is true wen ready no stress...................To every one Mary Xmas to you and your family and lots of JOY...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am looking at the gift sets now - Dove, Axe, Clear shampoo, Olay etc. I will be watching for the price to go down, down, down and using coupons to lower the price. These will be gifts throughout the year. Can't wait!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I agree, ShwaGirl. The thing is, I'm waiting to buy those sets for myself! The sets are already cheaper than the individual products, so 50% after Christmas makes them a fabulous deal. I find myself looking at stuff and KNOWING what it's going to sell for after Christmas. ;-)
    gourmetsue and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always do my shopping early (sometimes on boxing day for presents the next year!), and I definitely end up spending more than I plan on. I'm always very good with budget to start with, but then I'll see something and think, "Oh! That would be great for so-and-so!". I also have 2 birthdays in December that I have to buy for.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I agree, ShwaGirl. The thing is, I'm waiting to buy those sets for myself! The sets are already cheaper than the individual products, so 50% after Christmas makes them a fabulous deal. I find myself looking at stuff and KNOWING what it's going to sell for after Christmas. ;-)
    Hope you can wait it out. I am aiming for 75 per cent off. The selection will not be as good at that point. I once paid $3.00 for a Dove gift set months after Mother's Day. Regular price was $14.99, and I had a $2.00 off coupon to bring it down to that price.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

To be fair people are like this all year long not just a christmas time . I see people all the time like that all year . But tis the season i guess haha

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Lol, Minou...I'm going to use your title on every miserable shopper I come across this season . I had someone come into our crowded little store this morning expecting to be served immediately and ahead of other customers who were already waiting. Why? Because they were in a hurry, decided they didn't want to pay the parking meter and shouted "if I get a ticket, you're going to pay it!" Oy .

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

totally agree with you. I had been stressed over Christmas shopping not being done early enough. So this year I planned out fairly good and had my shopping done by November. I tried to avoid the shopping malls in December as people fight to get parking, fight to squeeze through the stores and it is nasty there.
    Shwa Girl and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momo28 View Post
    totally agree with you. I had been stressed over Christmas shopping not being done early enough. So this year I planned out fairly good and had my shopping done by November. I tried to avoid the shopping malls in December as people fight to get parking, fight to squeeze through the stores and it is nasty there.
    And, the employees have to work some weird hours and they get the brunt of the anger from customers, even if Head Office is the one to blame for things (e.g. no stock)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I always shop at the beginning of November. I celebrate Chanukah, so since that can start towards the end of November some years it's a habit I've been in since I was a teenager. This year I was able to do all of my shopping on amazon.com using money earned through Mturk. Just had to purchase a couple gift cards for my son's teachers, and that was still done last week. I like not having any stress about presents
    gourmetsue and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I tend to procrastinate. If I buy early, I will see something I prefer somewhere down the line and regret my earlier decision. Sometimes I end up buying and then forgetting where I've hidden it. This year, I found something from last year hidden in the back of the closet.
    I've never had trouble getting things I love the last week of Christmas and go on off hours to avoid the crowds.
    I admire people who get things done early but that will never be me.
    The best things in life...aren't things

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    I tend to procrastinate. If I buy early, I will see something I prefer somewhere down the line and regret my earlier decision. Sometimes I end up buying and then forgetting where I've hidden it. This year, I found something from last year hidden in the back of the closet.
    I've never had trouble getting things I love the last week of Christmas and go on off hours to avoid the crowds.
    I admire people who get things done early but that will never be me.
    FINALLY! I read that part of your post SharonMe and that was me one year that I decided to shop early. Out of the need to quickly stash things from prying eyes I had hidden all sorts of things everywhere, then could not find them later, even forgot what some were! lol. Not anxious to repeat that again.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

While I was out this evening with his baby brother, our three-year-old son went up to my husband, who was making himself some coffee in the kitchen.

"Dad..." he said, "I found presents."

"Presents? Where?"

"Yah. Come with me. They're in the white closet downstairs. I show you." He took his dad's hand and led him downstairs to my office in the basement. I have lots of wrapped presents piled up in there right now, but he wasn't interested in those. "Look!" He said, opening the closet, "Presents! Look, Dad! A Bus! It's for me!"

"Oh," my husband said, "I think that's for your cousin..."

I guess the Playmobil bus won't be a Santa present! Thankfully, he hasn't discovered the OTHER closet yet.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I find if I shop too early I buy too much.. And my child's tastes change... Outgrown the toy I buy...but I have been known to start in October so I can send things when family visits to save shipping
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  shop.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  51.7 KB
    walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Round two of Christmas is January 7 for those celebrating on the Julian calendar (which is Dec. 25 then). It still surprises some people that Christmas can be at another time.

Must commend SCers who are able to plan their gift buying in advance of the Nov/Dec crunch buying time-you are working those lists for maximum benefit!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information