User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Are you going to be shopping on Boxing Day this year? And if so what are you buying?

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I always go to the Book Depot Warehouse (Welland Ave., St. Catharines) for their annual 50% off everything in the store Boxing Day sale (everything except their Melissa & Doug products). Their prices are already about 50% less than retail list prices so, with an additional 50% off, it's worth getting up early to be there at 9:00 am when it opens.

DH and I went earlier today, before the snowstorm hit, and left with 5 boxes of AMAZING deals!
    Natalka and gourmetsue like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got three sweaters, one pair of leggings and a north face winter parka jacket (I haven't bought a winter jacket in 12 years) online that I have been waiting for boxing day to buy. We also bought a new tv as our tv died about a year ago and have not been able to afford/waiting for a good deal. I spent about $1000 and saved about $800 today. I know it is a lot to spend but we have been waiting awhile to purchase these big items.
    Natalka and gourmetsue like this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My son got some great deals at The Source - came home with boytoys - a giant r/c Jeep, an indoor r/c helicopter, and some fancy-dancy wireless headphones. He's one happy man!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hok2 View Post
    I'm wondering if there is a list of the best grocery deals out there
    Grocery deals: http://smartcanucks.ca/official-smar...dup-dec-20-27/
    Grocery deals with coupons: http://smartcanucks.ca/smartcanucks-...21st-dec-27th/
    and if you have a baby/toddler, baby deals: http://smartcanucks.ca/smartcanucks-...dup-dec-21-27/

Each of these are posted weekly in the deals and flyers forum and a link posted on the blog when done
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

In the past, Boxing Day madness has never appealed to me. Well yesterday I went to WM at 7:30 a.m. so the store had only been open a mere 1/2 hr. The amount of customers in there blocking my way, crowding me and generally making MY boxing day unpleasant, ( hee hee it is all about me) well my instincts were right, ugh!

So I retreated to a place that was not crowded ( pet area) and came home with 3 things I was pleased with.
    15 ( yes fifteen) Xmas gift boxed pet sets for both the cats, and the pooches that were 50% off.

For the cats at $1.99 it had 2 x 60g pouches of Friskies treats, and 2 x 57 g Fancy Feast wet food, so 50 cents each, pretty good since 1 bag of dry treats is $1.64 reg price.

For the dogs @ $3.99 was 1 x 800g Milkbone Flavour biscuits, 1 x 113 g soft and chewy treats, 1 x 142 g healthy favourites treats AND ( drum roll please ) a sheet of coupons worth $5.00 !! The coupons were for various Milkbone biscuits and treats.

A large stocking filled with about 12 hard plastic balls, 6 catnip mice and other toys all for $2.50 Hamlet loves them all allready!
    Natalka and sarah_cio like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't buy much at all! Went to Canadian tire and bought five packages of bird suet that were on sale for 50% off =$1.19 each. Then I used my $5 off when you spend $5 coupon. Chickadees are quite pleased!
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I went to Home Outfitters, planning to get a set of Hencknels knives that were half price. Well they sold out of all of those before Christmas, so they didn't have a single sale set! Grr. Now it's snowing like mad, so we're back home again.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    $1500 for a computer?
    What are you looking at a gold-plated Alienware ?
    you can get a Lenovo pentium I-5 refurbished for <$400!!!
    Count yourself lucky. Some people need to spend $5,000 on a new computer (including the necessary programs, after taxes and discounts) and it only functions as a workhorse. Even worse, it's usually not reimbursable through work, but you can depreciate it each year on your taxes if you have your own business. PCs do not work for everyone. Sigh.
    sarah_cio likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

On the topic of boxing day shopping though, I bought milk and spent $4.17.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    I often get a new printer boxing day from Staples, Future shop or best buy online.
    Unfortunately although wasteful it's almost the same price as a replacement cartridge!

And yes it is good to see you here Boo, always good to keep a toe in the water you know.
    I feel you. I just ran out of ink in my printer & found out it's gonna cost more to get new ink than it will to just go buy the same exact printer again..
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This has to be the worst year for Boxing Day deals to date. Normally I am out there like everyone else hunting for a deal, but this year the retailers didn't have any offers that even enticed me to head out. What happened?
    nightlite likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I went to Home Outfitters, planning to get a set of Hencknels knives that were half price. Well they sold out of all of those before Christmas, so they didn't have a single sale set! Grr. Now it's snowing like mad, so we're back home again.
    We got this set from Christmas, pretty impressed so far, cut very nice
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ja-henck...RCH%3Ahenckels

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    We got this set from Christmas, pretty impressed so far, cut very nice
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ja-henck...RCH%3Ahenckels
    Thanks! I bought a set today at Canadian Tire, normally $200 and on for $100. I was a bit concerned when I got to the knife case and there were none there. But they did have them out back. I wish we could handle these before buying; the boxes are shrinkwrapped, but if you're spending this much money for knives, it would be nice to put them in your hands.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

I haven't used them a LOT yet, only to dice up some turkey and slice some potatoes, but they seem really good, much better than any of the cheap sets I've had over the years. The 'International' version is their bargain line, but the $600 set was definitely not in my sights, not even at half price! I've had a chef's knife in this line for a couple years, it's never been sharpened and is much better than any I've ever owned.
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Dec 28th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

We couldnt get out of our driveways for Boxing Day this year so we stayed inside & watched the snowblowers going crazy outside!
    But...
    Yesterday I got 6 cans of apple juice from Cdn Tire at .99 cents, used my $5 coupon & paid .94 cents for all 6. That's my Boxing week brag! lol...I plan to go back tonight for 6 more using my second $5 coupon & pay another .94cents for 6 cans apple juice. Making apple cider the easy way for New Years party!
    walkonby and sarah_cio like this.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!

This is actually my first post ever and thanks to this site i saved a lot of money this year during boxing day.. We are expecting our first baby in 3 months so I literally wanted to cross off all the items on my list that I had created for the baby. Below is what I got!

Wal-Mart - Dipaers - Pampers Swaddlers Biggest Box - Retails for $48+ per box and I got them for $34.43 per box times 3 and use coupons ($7 worth!)
    Wal-Mart - Diaper Pail refills - 3 Pack - Retails for $22+ and I got it for $20
    Wal-Mart - Baby Wipes - Retails for $22+ and got it for around $18
    Toys R Us - Crane tear drop humidifier - Retails for $65 and we got it for $45 - $5 coupon = $40
    Toys R Us - Safety First Gate - Retails for $60 and I got it for $35
    Beddingtons - 800 TC sheet set - Retails for $79.99 and we got them at $49.99

A total savings of $150 in total give or take a few bucks. May not seem like a lot, but it is a lot for us given that we are first time parents and every penny counts...

Big thanks to everyone that contributed to the Smart Canucks site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information