User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: when does SDM xmas clearance begin?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyone know when xmas clearance begins? There's some stuff I want to get but the markups are HUGE. Even at 50 per cent I still think its expensive

Anyone know what usually happens? 50 per cent a few days before xmas? Something else?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

december 26? It would make sens. I would like to know for sure thought

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some stores around here start discounting things before xmas. Not sure what SDM has done in the past. Would be useful to know so SCs can beat others! The storee has exactly TWO of the item I want and I want it to be mine lol. No one will buy it at the current price now, I'm pretty sure lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    december 26? It would make sens. I would like to know for sure thought
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    bibiee likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Maybe you can tell us what is it and we can look around for you?
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Its xmas ornaments we got married last year and have no tree or space to put it in our small apartment. We are hoping to buy a house next year and I love some of the ornaments at shoppers and want them to be on our first tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Maybe you can tell us what is it and we can look around for you?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's good you're planning to get ornaments in advance. My parents were so poor their first x-mas, they had to make their own ornaments out of whatever scraps they could find. Because of that my mum made a tradition of giving us an ornament each year so we'd all have a collection of ornaments by the time we grew up and left home.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i know at canadian tire too they mark them down by the dollars so have a peek there on boxing day with your $5 off coupon, just a thought
    redhdlois and torontogal12 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

our store starts discounting right about now.. its not much of a discount until the day before.. then the next day.. look out.. if you want it you better be in there first thing.. its gone other wise.. thing go from $9.99 down to like $.25.. most items can be put away for next xmas where as others you can freeze or eat for NYE.. cookies, special treats. however best tip if you want something get it while you can.. either full price or at a slight discounted price.. otherwise your looking at leftovers.. in my eyes though. those are still great buys.
    sweetmomma and torontogal12 like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes! I will not spend full price next year when I can buy them much cheaper this year. I bought a bunch of ribbons and veils and such on boxing day then used them for our wedding. Was seriously pennies. None of that overblown wedding price crap for us.

That is a beautiful tradition for your family! Something we may do one day
    Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    It's good you're planning to get ornaments in advance. My parents were so poor their first x-mas, they had to make their own ornaments out of whatever scraps they could find. Because of that my mum made a tradition of giving us an ornament each year so we'd all have a collection of ornaments by the time we grew up and left home.
    seylz_gurl likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to work at Shoppers - though it was a long time ago.
    Clearance on seasonal items would come from Head Office - first markdowns (usually 50% off the regular price) the day after the holiday. Often, Shoppers advertises it in their flyers.

The Front Store Manager has (had?) the choice to mark down early, or mark down deeper than the prices Head Office sends out (but can't go higher - if HO says 50% off, the FSM can do 50% or more, but not lower) depending on how profitable the month has been/how much inventory they still have left. After 10 days, stores are told to get rid of it at any price.

The deepest/earliest discounts will happen at a store that has a lot of stock left - because the FSM needs to get rid of it, and can't send it back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Mine does 50% off all decorations 2 days before.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    our store starts discounting right about now.. its not much of a discount until the day before.. then the next day.. look out.. if you want it you better be in there first thing.. its gone other wise.. thing go from $9.99 down to like $.25.. most items can be put away for next xmas where as others you can freeze or eat for NYE.. cookies, special treats. however best tip if you want something get it while you can.. either full price or at a slight discounted price.. otherwise your looking at leftovers.. in my eyes though. those are still great buys.
    Lucky you! The one I went to last year didn't mark down until Boxing Day, and even then only 50% off. Things were still ridiculously expensive. There were a few ladies that came in behind me and commented the prices were way too high for them too.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Sears and the Bay have most of their Christmas stuff down by 40-60% off now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I want the snowman cake pan, hope it is there on boxing day
    LIVE SIMPLE and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Sears and the Bay have most of their Christmas stuff down by 40-60% off now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I noticed that on the weekend! Went to SDM today. Still full price. Gah! lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information