User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: when does SDM xmas clearance begin?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From my own experience, the deepest discounts at Shoppers happen starting with New Year Day. Yes, many locations are open Jan 1st. Then you can find 90% discounts on ornaments, chocolates, ribbon, decorations, etc. Between Christmas and New Year Eve, generally 50% is about the best you can get.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes, the snackie items don't usually go down until after New Year's. I really don't need more decorations, but last year SDM had some lighted branches which I had my eye on as the price went down but they were gone by the time of the deep discounts. Always can use more wrap, bows, bags....some of the grocery stores like Loblaws clear items at 75% off.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Had a looksie. No clearance as of 9 am Dec 24
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

had to pickup a couple of last minute gifts @12:24 pm today and nothing on clearance yet.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So annoyed! At 9 am there were 6 boxes of the ornaments I wanted. There's been 6 boxes all xmas season. No one has wanted them. Went at 3pm and only 1 box left. Darn last minute shoppers!!! Now I have to be there at opening time on boxing day to get it

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

you should look at peir one or bombay if there is one close to you toronto gal. i got mine last year on boxing day at deep discount.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I find it pretty localised and not so much nationwide. ( Depending on the item )

Some stores which have overstock of X'Mas gift items sometimes have their own little sales , while its still regular price at other SDM stores.

Kind of like the Halloween candy clearance sales
    Poirot likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well serves me right for waiting until Boxing Day. The ornaments I wanted were gone from every downtown store on December 24. Sold at full price to last minute shoppers. I wanted 2 sets and at least I didn't pay $60 for them. Those people are insane.

CT was also cleared out on Dec 24 except for a few boxes that were still full price today. $14.99 for FOUR ornaments, are you kidding?? Used my $5 off to buy Drano and Comet lol

Thanks to all for your ornament suggestions. Maybe I'll get DH to drive me to Pier 1 or Bombay once the crowds die down, he'll refuse to go otherwise
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I am going to take a peek tomorrow at mine. Heard some great deals were to be had at a different location!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I went to two stores and did two full redemtions on clearance toys, I was there at 6am and the next store at 6:45 and there was so not much left. I was super happy with my almost $700 of toys that I paid $42 for! I thought about waiting until tomorrow, but happy I got up and did it this morning. Everything was already very picked over at both stores.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Went to a late movie last night and there was an SDM next door. Wouldn't you know it, there were 6 boxes of my ornaments still on the shelf! Had to walk home in a snowstorm with them but I got the ones I wanted

I win, naysayer gods! Too bad I couldn't make up $100 for the bonus points, but at least I saved my $
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Went to a late movie last night and there was an SDM next door. Wouldn't you know it, there were 6 boxes of my ornaments still on the shelf! Had to walk home in a snowstorm with them but I got the ones I wanted

I win, naysayer gods! Too bad I couldn't make up $100 for the bonus points, but at least I saved my $
    I'm glad you found them, I was at SDM this morning and there were tons of ornaments. I hadn't noticed them before, but they were really nice!!! Only 30% off though, but beautiful enough that I thought they were worth it!
    torontogal12 likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thats great news Torontogal.. def. they were meant to be yours. Im waiting here as well. prices were down a little but i've found patience is always rewarded.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    I'm glad you found them, I was at SDM this morning and there were tons of ornaments. I hadn't noticed them before, but they were really nice!!! Only 30% off though, but beautiful enough that I thought they were worth it!
    Some of them were really nice. The peacock pattern purple ones were pretty, and the Disney ones were really cute (Mickey and Minnie in a wreath). I got the Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer collection!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    thats great news Torontogal.. def. they were meant to be yours. Im waiting here as well. prices were down a little but i've found patience is always rewarded.
    This time, it seems yes! Hope you get what you are looking for!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information