User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Rumour: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points Being Devalued Effective January 1st 2013

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They better have a redemption event the last weekend of December if that's the case. I really think they should have to give us advanced notice though.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Let's just take a deep breath.........personally I am getting tired of all the SDM drama........don't think I will bother reading the threads anymore.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

oh another rumor
    kidsteph likes this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    On another note, I understand that people get upset when bonus deals change or points redemptions change. Of course, I want the most free stuff possible as much as anyone else, but people... remember... this is free stuff.
    Some people look at it as free stuff, and this is indeed the view SDM promotes. "Free feels good." Other people consider that they have paid for the points and they expect the points to retain a certain minimum value, and not lose value before they have redeemed them.

A decrease in point values makes a bigger difference to the person who may reach only one top-level redemption in a year.

Anyway, I don't think it's going to happen, at least not without a couple months' warning and two or three good redemption opportunities. When it does happen, eventually, perhaps the devaluation will be offset by lower prices and/or more and better promotions.
    MeMew, kidsteph, smileyKT and 3 others like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I do not tend to believe a new user who posts just this with no details on where they got their info. Sorry, but this seems to be posted to rile the already disgruntled SDM fans ( I am not one, but still not fair to you others), like redhdlois says. just take a breath

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    this poster only has 1 post - makes me question the validity
    yeah, i agree. Could be just a trollolol....
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I do not tend to believe a new user who posts just this with no details on where they got their info. Sorry, but this seems to be posted to rile the already disgruntled SDM fans ( I am not one, but still not fair to you others), like redhdlois says. just take a breath
    ===========================

I agree!! Lets not get our panties in a ruffle until official word from SDM!! Too much drama the last year from SDM etc!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!! Happy to have redeemed on DEC 01 for $210

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I added the Rumour title since there is no info
    But please remember the mega redemption fiasco where people insulted a newbie for giving information that did turn out to be correct
    anisa, uanoor, Jezebel and 10 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My opinion:

First, SDM program is the best around. If they de-value to these amounts, it will still be the best around (by far). So while its fine to feel bad that its not as good as it used to be, it is still THE best there is. That said, 'losing customers' over this is fine - if you want to lose out too. Who would they lose? People who rarely use points? No... People who know how great the points are already? No...because those same people should know how great the points will still be. Oh wait... the people who want to do it out of spite. YES... but if that's the way you work, so be it. Go sign up for your airmiles rewards cards, or cash back cards. Enjoy your 1% returns!

Personally, I think I would welcome the change from the above rumored points values. Last time they did this, they beefed up bonus redemptions - which from what I can see made it better. Not only that, just as they did last time, they increased the value of the top redemption (of course, all the while increasing points required). But what that meant is I could buy the higher priced items and not use as much out of pocket.

At a 200$ top redemption, and potentially regular bonus redemptions of 230-250$, we now have the oppurtunity to purchase things like the nexus7, wii u, ps3, vita, cameras, and other electronics for almost nothing out of pocket.

I would MUCH rather give up a few points per dollar value in order to get those higher priced items with little out of pocket.

Best change though, would be allowing for 2 redemptions on a single purchase if you ask me.
    Last edited by stevstevd; Thu, Dec 20th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

where is regular $230-$250 bonus redemption????I am sitting over a lot of pts waiting for bonus/mega redemption lol....
    uanoor likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not to fuel rumours, but if the OP has an inside source for this information, it makes sense they would create a throwaway account to post and share this. If this information is accurate, someone at Shoppers could absolutely lose their job for leaking this (it happened on a different forum, several years ago), so they are correct to keep themselves as anonymous as possible.

I agree with the posters who feel Shoppers would give customers advance notice of changing the points valuation first, as they did the last time.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom3kids View Post
    where is regular $230-$250 bonus redemption????I am sitting over a lot of pts waiting for bonus/mega redemption lol....
    Probably a thing of the past! I still don't see how people expected the 250 redemption as fact. Personally, it would take something consistently happening every year for a decade before I'd really expect it the next year. Just like we had the gift card promo this year, this is not necessarily a promo for years to come. I can see it now, everyone complaining when 2013 is the year of only 5000 points per 150 gift cards spent... Still a great deal, but not as good as previous.

Until SDM brings the 20x promos to a max 5x promo, remove the gift cards promo, and never have "promotion mistakes" again, I will continue to benefit from the optimum card.
    Last edited by stevstevd; Thu, Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Business is business and profit is the whole point of business. So I say, SDM, Change whatever you need to to keep the Optimum program alive for your loyal customers.

Oh, and SDM, Thank you for this great rewards program (you probably don't hear that enough).
    mickey53, kidsteph, Vov76 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    My opinion:

First, SDM program is the best around. If they de-value to these amounts, it will still be the best around (by far). So while its fine to feel bad that its not as good as it used to be, it is still THE best there is. That said, 'losing customers' over this is fine - if you want to lose out too. Who would they lose? People who rarely use points? No... People who know how great the points are already? No...because those same people should know how great the points will still be. Oh wait... the people who want to do it out of spite. YES... but if that's the way you work, so be it. Go sign up for your airmiles rewards cards, or cash back cards. Enjoy your 1% returns!

Personally, I think I would welcome the change from the above rumored points values. Last time they did this, they beefed up bonus redemptions - which from what I can see made it better. Not only that, just as they did last time, they increased the value of the top redemption (of course, all the while increasing points required). But what that meant is I could buy the higher priced items and not use as much out of pocket.

At a 200$ top redemption, and potentially regular bonus redemptions of 230-250$, we now have the oppurtunity to purchase things like the nexus7, wii u, ps3, vita, cameras, and other electronics for almost nothing out of pocket.

I would MUCH rather give up a few points per dollar value in order to get those higher priced items with little out of pocket.

Best change though, would be allowing for 2 redemptions on a single purchase if you ask me.
    I really would like to "like" this post more than once. Well said!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavenRaven View Post
    I really would like to "like" this post more than once. Well said!
    I liked it for you :o

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information