User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: how to turn off new furby

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Dd got it for christmas...definately not out choice...still have 1 here from when I was younger,lol. The instructions didn't say how to turn off so I googled it and could only find info on the old one.I've put it back in the box and I think I got it to sleep but only after ignoring it for awhile,shouldn't this thing have a off switch somewhere or does it have one I can't see??
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, apparently there isn't one....

Furby also has no OFF switch, so the potential to drive parents nuts is fairly high. Leave it alone long enough, however, and it'll get tired, start snoring and eventually just fall asleep.

- you could also take out a battery.

Hilarious commentary on it here -

http://ca.gizmodo.com/5937402/the-ne...bsolute-horror

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

remove the battery

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Bahaha, I just read through the link you provided Nat, never bought my kids, fosterkids or grandkids a furby and am I ever GLAD! This sound like the most annoying toy in the world. As soon as one reads the box and it says warning "NO OFF SWITCH" we should take the hint.

OP, I can't believe that someone disliked you so much they would bless your dd with one of these That ranks right up there with that iggle piggle that all the kids wanted when they were little!
    Natalka likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

oh boy..think i will return it thank you guys,lol. Besides dd wasn't totally impressed with it,not like she will miss it besides she can play with my old one with a off switch,lol.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My SIL got a furby for Christmas and loves it. It was a little annoying on Christmas day to hear the thing squawking away, but I can understand how it could be fun. I wonder if she thinks about the off switch or if she finds it annoying. On Christmas she just seemed pretty happy with it.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

No off switch? Next Christmas that's on my list for my sister's young son. Heh. Payback for all the toys that make noise she gave my kids over the years.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

glad i didn't bought it to my niece for Christmas.....i always try to buy toys that aren't too noisy
    Last edited by Mia001; Wed, Jan 2nd, 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol!!! Our grandson"s uncle gave him one for Christmas and I think the adults had more fun with it!Could have been the wine.....he's asleep in their dining-room for now, fast sleep...and he doesn't seem to interested in it. I want to teach it to speak!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hahahaha, what a pity i never had one furby before.
    if the music's too loud, you are too old.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mental note....never buy my kids, and if they get one as a gift, stage an accident
    ninna likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

omg. no "off" switch? You'd have to hide the sledgehammer from me because that's how Furby would die in my house.

My MIL used to REALLY enjoy giving my kids noisy crap...so I had to fix her little red wagon because what's cute for 30 seconds gets real freakin annoying when you have to listen to it for 30+ minutes or more. Well, my kids visit their grandparents on a weekly basis so there is much opportunity for noisy annoying crap to infiltrate my life via Grandma.

One summer Saturday morning they took my kids to a whack of garage sales and MIL allowed my DD to buy this super irritating electric guitar that did not have a volume control button. It only had "migraine loud" level. When I went to pick the girls up, DD wanted to bring this piece of crap home and I said, "ooooh no. What you buy with grandma or get from grandma can be played with at grandma's house but it isn't coming home. We've got enough stuff and there's very limited space at our house, so unfortunately, you will have to play with it when you come to Grandma's."

That pretty much solved the noisy crap problem. She NEVER bought them anything that made noise EVER again.
    anisa, Judstir, Natalka and 3 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    omg. no "off" switch? You'd have to hide the sledgehammer from me because that's how Furby would die in my house.

My MIL used to REALLY enjoy giving my kids noisy crap...so I had to fix her little red wagon because what's cute for 30 seconds gets real freakin annoying when you have to listen to it for 30+ minutes or more. Well, my kids visit their grandparents on a weekly basis so there is much opportunity for noisy annoying crap to infiltrate my life via Grandma.

One summer Saturday morning they took my kids to a whack of garage sales and MIL allowed my DD to buy this super irritating electric guitar that did not have a volume control button. It only had "migraine loud" level. When I went to pick the girls up, DD wanted to bring this piece of crap home and I said, "ooooh no. What you buy with grandma or get from grandma can be played with at grandma's house but it isn't coming home. We've got enough stuff and there's very limited space at our house, so unfortunately, you will have to play with it when you come to Grandma's."

That pretty much solved the noisy crap problem. She NEVER bought them anything that made noise EVER again.
    Lol, I love it!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Lol!!! Our grandson"s uncle gave him one for Christmas and I think the adults had more fun with it!Could have been the wine.....he's asleep in their dining-room for now, fast sleep...and he doesn't seem to interested in it. I want to teach it to speak!
    Hey Lynn, you can teach it to speak. but unfortunately, you can't teach it to pour more wine
    Judstir, DaveP and i_forget like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Send it back to hell whence it came!
    vibrantflame and Judstir like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information