User Tag List

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, May 2nd, 2011
    So my cat has been really sick and the only thing I've been able to convince him to eat is the Fancy Feast Hors d'oeuvre food by Purina, and Whiskas Cat Milk. If anyone has some that they don't plan on using please PM me. I do have coupons to trade including the new Bicks Pickles, Hellman's Mayo, Breton Crackers and lots of others.
    This thread is currently associated with: Purina

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'd watch out since none of those are "full meals" you may need to get supplements.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I'm also syringe feeding him medi-cal food that we bought from the vet, I just also want to encourage him to eat on his own. Thank you for the advice though.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

No problem I'd be concerned some people might think the new fancy feast things are still a "meal". Personally my cat gets weruva wet foods, they have real chuncks of meat, like the fancy feast things but are a meal.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

When my dog was dying they gave me a paste to give him that was packed with vitamins. We had to force feed him. Unforunately, I was doing the wrong thing by trying to keep him alive longer than he should have been. I should have put him to sleep and ended the suffering, but for my own selfish reasons, I just couldn't let go Needless to say, 2 days later we ended up taking him to the vet and euthanizing him

Anyway, if your cat is "on it's way out", I would suggest you let nature take it's course - don't do what I did... BUT, if your cat is just sick for the moment, you might want to try to get that paste, just to make sure he/she isn't missing out on vital nutrients needed while the appetite is not there.

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

I had to do the same thing for my cat,except he is a really special case. Before this something happened to him,he had to have like 3000$ worth of surgery because he is suppossed to be an indoor cat but always runs out as soon as the door opens. The vet thought someone kicked him really hard OR he got hit by a car,but leaned toward someone kicking him... I don't even know how he ended up making it home. He still has no fur in a big spot on his back they shaved, it just never wanted to grow back i guess. The vet joked he needs a toupee,lol. Half of the time she can't figure out what is up with him and calls him a special case. cuz now he also gets this bald spot and sore on his neck in the summer and an open sore.THis year he ran out again and came back with a piece of his ear bitten off!! what a cat!He never learns. This was all when he was only maybe 2 or 3! I think so far he has lost a few of his 9 lives,lol.

About a year later (maybe not even) all of a sudden he would not eat or drink(so i wouldn't neccessarily assume he is on his way out)...to tell you the truth i actually forget what the problem was exactly called.Anyway had to feed him like every 3 hours or so with a syringe to.

My cats love fancy feast to,lol. Which I find way too funny considering how rough around the edges he is,always getting into fights,escaping and killing things!vs. the lovely fluffy fancy white cat that advertises it.
    Last edited by kris10; Sat, Apr 30th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

He's actually been getting better. He had some really nasty crystals that started this. After a huge vet bill, IV fluids, a catheter etc. being done to him he came home. We were told at that point to syringe feed him every couple hours and to give him a bucketful of medication. He's done all his medicine now but still refuses to actually eat unless I continue with the syringe. He's been home for two weeks so I really want him to start eating on his own (the vet said he should be - he's just being lazy). I've tried several different canned foods (thank you coupons!!) and the only one he'll touch is the fancy feast stuff and the cat milk, thus my request for the coupons.

I'm hoping that from there he'll go back to eating properly. Thank you all for your concern and comments but I'm pretty sure that he's getting better. I just need him to gain some weight and start eating by himself!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meadea View Post
    Thank you all for your concern and comments but I'm pretty sure that he's getting better. I just need him to gain some weight and start eating by himself!
    Good, I'm glad he's getting better!!!!!!!

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Get well soon Kitty Kat - meow, meow, meowrrr ok!

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread moved to expired forum because Meadea marked it as expired.

Thread Information