User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Apparently "Complete Disregard for Detail" is a must to work at my Local "Spring"

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

So earlier this summer we were on our way out of town and I realized that I forgot the shoes I planned to wear to the event we were attending the next day. No big deal, one can never have too many pairs of shoes, so on our way out of town I stopped at "Spring" shoes to pick out a new pair. I picked out the shoes I wanted, went to the counter with the one from the shelf told the lady "This shoe in a size 7 1/2". A moment later she came out with the box, placed it on the counter and rang me through. "receipt in the box?" "sure" I said as she opened it and laid it on one of my adorable red pumps.

2 and a half hours later as we arrived at our remote destination. We unpack our bags and have a relaxing night at the hotel. The next morning we get up and begin to get ready, I have my hair done, dress on just about ready. I open the box........2 E'ffin LEFT shoes!!! I was so mad!!! We were in the mountains, no store for miles and about an had to be out the door in an hour!!! Ughhh!!! I ended up talking to one of the ladies at the front desk who let me borrow her shoes.... right off her feet!!! lol Nicest receptionist of life!!! We tipped her WELL!!!

I go back to "Spring" the following day to return the 2 left shoes. I didn't even want them anymore since I already had red shoes and only purchased them for the wedding anyway. I brought them in, she said they were "exchange only" since they were on sale. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! - You sold me 2 left shoes that I didn't even get to wear because of your mistake and your telling me you wont take them back" I was so mad!!! In the end I got my money back and vowed never to step back in that store again.

Fast forward Christmas Morning 2012.

I open a present from my husband. Its a white box. A white shoe box. A white Spring shoe box. Since he was thoughtful enough to buy boots for me, I wouldn't rant to him about how much I hate that store and open the box and see beautiful suede thigh high boots. They were very nice and I even did a double take to make sure they were for 2 different feet - they were.

Later Christmas night we get ready to go out and I am looking forward to wearing my new boots. I take them out and hold them up.... they look kind of big. I put my foot in and realize its HUGE!! I ask my husband "honey, what size did you get my boots" he calls back "7 1/2 - do they fit?" I look inside..... SIZE 10.5!!!!!! WTF!?!?!

Boxing day I march back into the store..... after ranting about my Last visit there ( 2 left feet ) and then going on about how I ended up with Drag Queen Sized boots she went in and they no longer have the boots I have in my size. I have to pick out a new pair - which I ended up having to pay an extra $36 on top of the exchange.

My husband is out walking around the mall with the kids. I come out and its a different shaped box. So he asks "Did you get different boots" I tell him yes, as they didn't have my size anymore but these are nice and similar to the ones he picked. I opened the box to show him........ THEY HAD THE WRONG BOOTS IN THE BOX!!!! I had picked a pair of black thigh high boots with a buckle on top and bottom. In the box were a pair of BROWN SUEDE ANKLE BOOTS!!!! Seriously!!!! WTF!!!!

I made a bit of a stink in there a few minutes earlier and I have no doubt they were talking about me still because when I walked in through the door they were like deer in headlights. I storm in "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" as I open the box as I walk in. "What the hell is wrong with you people!?!?! You have 1 damn Job!!! Pick up the shoes!!! Put them in the box!! THATS IT!!!!" I went off, I seriously snapped!!! I don't usually loose my cool. But we had just drove over 45 minutes to exchange them, because of their mistake. They no longer had the boots my husband choose for me, plus I had to pay more... AND to top it off, if I hadnt opened the box to show my husband in the mall...... I would have ended up home, 45 minutes away AGAIN with the wrong boots!!!!

I am sure, their job posting must say "Looking for employee for a local shoe store. Must have huge hair and fake tans - Must portray little or no attention to detail, Customer service - optional"

I will never ever ever go back to that store!!! Ever!!!

I had to get that out. I feel much better now!!! lol!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Fri, Dec 28th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
    filza, mydusty, walkonby and 5 others like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Oh Lord, what incompetence. I had a similar experience at Danier a # of years ago, I picked out a jacket, they took it in the back to pack it up and then when it came out something told me to check it one more time before walking out - good thing I did as the one they were giving me was NOT the same jacket as this one had a tear in it. From that moment on, I always double check everything to make sure its correct before leaving a store.
    cath007, smileyKT and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Spring is on my "Do Not Shop" List for one too many problems. They really need to get their act together because I know Jenny and I were not shopping at the same store (two ends of the country nearly).
    filza and torontogal12 like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

1 mistake...not okaie but It could happen...3 mistakes for the same things....Hope they are not doing this too many time because they will lost theirs custumers....Incompetence...I would clearly complaint to the manager ...and ask him to give the people proper training or check the service!!!!!!!Sorry for you
    filza and torontogal12 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

To be honest I dislike any store where they go in the back to get what you need. Seems like way too often I come home with the wrong thing. I live kind of in the middle of no where so it is not unusual for us to somewhere shopping for a day and nothing is more disappointing than picking something out having the store tell you they will go get one from the back and than when you get home it is wrong thing. Worse part is after it happened a couple times I started asking to check the item and wow can some people give you attitude. I am sorry but if I am spending my money I want to make sure I get the right product and not get home to find out I got the wrong things and have to drive an hour plus to return it for them usually to not have what I wanted in the first place. I know everyone makes mistakes but for this reason I would think they would want to show you to make sure it is right, just my opinion.
    cath007 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I'd take that all the way up past the manager of the store. Even if you're never going to shop there again, you may save some future shopper a horrible experience by letting their upper management know what is happening repeatedly in their stores... That being said, it's a lot of effort, and you've been through to much grief, you may just want to forget the whole thing.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

That's the type of customer service you get when looks are part of the hiring process.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sorry, buy I am completely happy with Spring Shoes. I have neverhad a single bad experience . In fact inwas the complete opposite experience. Extremely knowledgeable staff and always very friendly.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Sometimes I assume the application for stores have a check box that says " are you an idiot" and if you check off no, they don't hire you!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow, they've got idiots working for them!
    This is why I always scrutinize and double check everything before paying and/or leaving the store.
    It's like we can't trust people to do their jobs anymore without following up. What a pain in the butt.
    momgoneawol likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, what a pile of unfortunate incidents! How very frustrating!

I've never shopped there, so I can't comment on your thoughts about that specific company.

Just a note - I've never bought shoes or boots without having tried the ones I'm buying, and knowing those are in the box I'm purchasing - so am I in the minority here? It's not because I ever had a problem with getting the wrong ones, it's just the way it's always been.

I'm thinking on your third experience there, you might have thought to check the boots in the box before buying them...

Gee, and I can't be the only one who wears "Drag Queen Size", either, lol!

Hoping today is a better day for you!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with them. I agree that you should be taking it up the line (again, even if you don't plan on shopping there anymore). They can't fix the problems in the store if the upper management doesn't know of them.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gee, and I can't be the only one who wears "Drag Queen Size", either, lol!
    Don't worry, you're not when you're 5'10 you need big feet to stabilize, otherwise you'll tip over my fiancé is only two inches taller than me but has substantially larger feet, so I am thankful I don't have those.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL alicia, in a similar boat... I'm 5' 9", husband is just under 6', with size 13 feet. But he's thin, I'm not....
    pippinelkhound and alicia like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I also hate that store. Their staff is always rude and their shoes are cheap and fall apart after 2 or 3 wears. I don't even bother looking there

And yes Natalka and Alicia, I also have Drag Queen size feet, but I'm about the same height as you are and mine are 10. Finding 10 on sale is impossible here. They're always cleaned out at full price. My friend who wears 11 has to drop a lot of money
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information