Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Post #268 - Target (USA) + Starbucks + Facebook = Free

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    marshall's is a liquidator right?
    According to their website,
    We offer brand-name fashions at prices well below those you’ll find in department stores and boutiques, all year round. It’s like a sale that never ends. - See more at: http://www.marshallscanada.ca/en/abo....KoRNXHrW.dpuf

http://www.marshallscanada.ca/en/index.asp

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I shop regularly at a British shop, the import rules on foods is insane and as you have posted many times, they are getting their Food from Sobeys
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I shop regularly at a British shop, the import rules on foods is insane and as you have posted many times, they are getting their Food from Sobeys
    Btitish food is imported in a small amount to a candy store and drug store.Dollar Stores get stuff from Middle East,South Africa,Pland and China it's cheap because they get huge quantities and those items in my post I mentioned are Progresso Soup and Cookie Crisp cereal are made by General Mills and Hungry Jack pancake mix is made by Pillsbury they are major food manufacturers so no reason they can't sell stuff up here at Target instead selling of Target selling us Sobeys food.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Btitish food is imported in a small amount to a candy store and drug store.Dollar Stores get stuff from Middle East,South Africa,Pland and China it's cheap because they get huge quantities and those items in my post I mentioned are Progresso Soup and Cookie Crisp cereal are made by General Mills and Hungry Jack pancake mix is made by Pillsbury they are major food manufacturers so no reason they can't sell stuff up here at Target instead selling of Target selling us Sobeys food.
    Target not selling or carrying brands that are sold in the Canadian market is not something you have to take up with Target, that's a grievance you need to bring up with the individual manufacturers and perhaps the government. Target does not dictate our food policies.
    anisa and FallenPixels like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If a manufacturer is not currently distributing it's own products in Canada, then why is target being blamed for that?

they might be interested in offering the best selection they can, but is it reasonable to expect them to take it upon themselves to be the sole importer and distributer of certain products, out of the goodness of their hearts?

contact a manufacturer directly if you would like to see their products in Canada.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

with specialty stores, those stores might be importing some products on their own, but sometimes those products end up being expensive. it happens, but this situation is usually pretty rare. it is done when there is a very small demand for a particular product.

more often there are specialty disturbers who bring in larger quantities of foreign foods, and retailers will get those specialty products from those distributers.

you are demanding that target play the role of distributor. it might not be as easy as you want it to be.
    FallenPixels and Shwa Girl like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    with specialty stores, those stores might be importing some products on their own, but sometimes those products end up being expensive. it happens, but this situation is usually pretty rare. it is done when there is a very small demand for a particular product.

more often there are specialty disturbers who bring in larger quantities of foreign foods, and retailers will get those specialty products from those distributers. you are demanding that target play the role of distributor. it might not be as easy as you want it to be.
    Still not bothering to shop at Target we already have three Sobeys in Red Deer.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Still not bothering to shop at Target we already have three Sobeys in Red Deer.
    I believe they will have Archer Farms products, according to their website. Is this a Sobey's product or a US product?
    http://www.target.ca/en/whatsinstore/grocery?lnk=gnav

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I believe they will have Archer Farms products, according to their website. Is this a Sobey's product or a US product?
    http://www.target.ca/en/whatsinstore/grocery?lnk=gnav
    It is one of their proprietary brands. Same as Our Compliments is a Sobey's brand, PC is a Loblaws brand, etc.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    I did. I went to USA Target many times. I was at Guelph Target today, ...it's funny, they didn't even change the line's layout. Look at pics 1 and 3, folks who are from our area can confirm, it's the way Guelph Zellers looked like. They only painted the store, put some new shelves, didn't even change the layout. I would say the only difference is a food section, definitely it looks quite differently.

Agreed that the layout is exactly the same! The only difference I see is more red paint and the food section. Oh and it looks a lot cleaner!

My sister sent me this from Guelph last night LOL! I guess Canadian Tire isn't happy with their new neighbours...
    http://instagram.com/p/Wf35XoNLrj/

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hmmm. I got some great work out clothes at Marshalls Canada, at the same price as Mashalls USA. Plus I got some Clarks shoes for $39.99 at Marshalls Canada and the other Canadian retailers had the same Clarks starting at $89. Maybe I was lucky. Twice.
    Marshalls is fantastic! That place is actually cheaper than Winners or Homesense I find most of the time. I get the fancy flavoured bags of coffee on clearance at Marshalls for $3. Then I will go to Winners or Homesense to try and find more, and the lowest they ever mark that stuff down is to $8 when it was $8.99 to begin with! Also if you can wait for their end of season clearance you can get amazing brand name things for around $20-$50. Shoes seem to me to be about the same as Winners and they almost always never have my size. I realize though that they only get maybe one or two pairs and my size are usually the first to go lol!
    anisa and Shwa Girl like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Agreed that the layout is exactly the same! The only difference I see is more red paint and the food section. Oh and it looks a lot cleaner!

My sister sent me this from Guelph last night LOL! I guess Canadian Tire isn't happy with their new neighbours...

Marshalls is fantastic! That place is actually cheaper than Winners or Homesense I find most of the time. I get the fancy flavoured bags of coffee on clearance at Marshalls for $3. Then I will go to Winners or Homesense to try and find more, and the lowest they ever mark that stuff down is to $8 when it was $8.99 to begin with! Also if you can wait for their end of season clearance you can get amazing brand name things for around $20-$50. Shoes seem to me to be about the same as Winners and they almost always never have my size. I realize though that they only get maybe one or two pairs and my size are usually the first to go lol!
    Shop Canadian makes sense since Target going to sell the same stuff as we already have.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I think Canadian Tire is going to do well over the next while. They have tried to remain competitive with their flyers, scratch programs, adding groceries, upgrading some of their stores, having many gas bars in many communities and having Canadian Tire Financial Bank + Canadian Tire Home Services.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

We'll see. So far I am not impressed with Target. I am interested in seeing the inside of one in Canada but from the sounds of it, they aren't going to be cheaper.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

roseofblack25 wrote:
    Marshalls is fantastic! That place is actually cheaper than Winners or Homesense I find most of the time. I get the fancy flavoured bags of coffee on clearance at Marshalls for $3. Then I will go to Winners or Homesense to try and find more, and the lowest they ever mark that stuff down is to $8 when it was $8.99 to begin with!

Which Marshalls did you see this clearance coffee at? I went to the Marshalls at John St and Richmond in Toronto and couldn't find any clearance coffee at all (was there last week, they didn't seem to have any coffee at all...maybe just certain Marshalls stock coffee?) Plus at this location most of the sticker prices seem identical to Winners and Homesense, so I'm not impressed with Marshalls at all.

Maybe I'm just shopping at the wrong one?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    Which Marshalls did you see this clearance coffee at? I went to the Marshalls at John St and Richmond in Toronto and couldn't find any clearance coffee at all (was there last week, they didn't seem to have any coffee at all...maybe just certain Marshalls stock coffee?) Plus at this location most of the sticker prices seem identical to Winners and Homesense, so I'm not impressed with Marshalls at all.

Maybe I'm just shopping at the wrong one?
    Guess with Marshalls, it's a "Your Mileage May Vary" situation. I have found Winners in some locations to have better deals and better stock. Same with Metro - some locations run out of the great deals on the first day and other Metros have tons of stock at great prices.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information