User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Post #268 - Target (USA) + Starbucks + Facebook = Free

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not sure if this has already been answered....Do they have self checkout lanes?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    We'll see. So far I am not impressed with Target. I am interested in seeing the inside of one in Canada but from the sounds of it, they aren't going to be cheaper.
    After comments from their soft opening they said they were re-evaluating pricing
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    I am not sure if this has already been answered....Do they have self checkout lanes?
    At the US Target stores I have been to, there have been no self check outs.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i went.. i saw.. i was completely underwhelmed... no need to go back again.. that is all.
    Luckymih, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I used self checkout at Milton but not all stores have them
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Looks like not all Zellers workers got to be interviewed for Target jobs, according to the United Food and Commerical Workers Union:

From the UFCW Canada Website
    March 07, 2013 15:07 ET Target Snubs 25,000 Terminated Workers as First Canadian Stores Open

With the opening of the first three Target stores in Canada, more than 25,000 former Zellers workers continue to be left out in the cold by the American retail giant. On March 5, Target Canada opened their first-ever Canadian stores to the public - in Milton, Guelph and Fergus, Ontario. Since acquiring 189 Zellers stores more than a year ago, Target has consistently maintained that all Zellers workers would be terminated and their wage rates, benefits and years of service would not be recognized once their stores re-opened under the Target banner.

Due to mounting public pressure in 2012, Target announced that all Zellers workers would be granted a job interview. However, countless Zellers workers, many with decades of experience, report that they have been consistently turned down for employment without reason. Furthermore, many Canadians continue to feel that Target is a successor employer to Zellers.
    "Promoting itself as the new friendly neighbour in Canada, Target has clearly failed to include the more than 25,000 Canadian workers who they threw out of work," says Kevin Shimmin, a UFCW Canada national representative.
    UFCW Canada is a partner in the grassroots campaign Ask Target for Fairness, www.targetfairness.ca.
    "The American corporation is also being extremely tight-lipped about how many actual full-time jobs will be created in their stores. Judging from the experience of Target employees in the United States, Canadians can expect mostly part-time, minimum wage jobs with little or no benefits at Target."
    "With Target's total disregard for former Zellers workers," says Shimmin, "there will likely be just as little respect for new employees. Ask Target for Fairness will continue to build awareness about Target's treatment of Canadian workers."

You can't blame Target for former Zellers employees being out of work. They were guaranteed an interview, it was up to them to land the job. It's the same as when Superstore took over some Zerhs stores, they offered interviews it was up to them to get hired. Target does not OWE Zellers employees a job. They are a separate company. If anyone owes Zellers employees a job it's Hudson Bay since they're the ones that sold Zellers and yet no one is blaming them for their former employees being out of work.
    anisa, Silk, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

And we all took note that even the Bay is getting a new look, a la Hudson's Bay name, new logo and new font typeface this week.
    It occurred to me that is why Sears had its Spring New Look coupon event last weekend-to gain buzz/sales traffic prior to the Target store soft openings.
    Burlington countdown...tick tick tick tick...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've heard some companies are eliminating these due to theft...when our walmart was redone (new building, super walmart) they didn't put any in yet a walmart built a few yrs back did
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by call me the couponlady View Post
    I know our Zellers store got gutted on the inside and there were trucks driving inside.
    I drove past my ex-Zellars soon to be T@rget store( supposedly opening April) and it's being gutted too. The sidewalk is ripped put and there's sooooo much going on inside it's amazing.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    annedougherty likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    You can't blame Target for former Zellers employees being out of work. They were guaranteed an interview, it was up to them to land the job. It's the same as when Superstore took over some Zerhs stores, they offered interviews it was up to them to get hired. Target does not OWE Zellers employees a job. They are a separate company. If anyone owes Zellers employees a job it's Hudson Bay since they're the ones that sold Zellers and yet no one is blaming them for their former employees being out of work.
    THe higher up the food-chain you are, the harder it is to compete especially as t@rg3t is going to bring in people who understand the corporate policy rather than re-hire the former store management. Cashiers and floor staff will have it much easier tahn a shop manager for example.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

jobs are never guaranteed in any industry.

the people who are trying to be bullies and demanding jobs from target have their efforts misplaced.
    Silk and moon18 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Target (USA) + Starbucks + Facebook = Free

Here's a video from one of the Extreme Couponing participants. I follow her since she isn't crazy like the rest.
    At 3:40 in the video, she talks about how Target USA is using Facebook to give free pastry at Starbucks located in Target stores. I hope that Target Canada gives us goodies like this.

I am hoping for the clearance items that she talks about in this video, early on, and hope that they will take the printable coupons like she got for her coffee.

Can't wait.

Jen Freeman from www.tipresource.com
    Keykey and FrugalKris like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    jobs are never guaranteed in any industry.

the people who are trying to be bullies and demanding jobs from target have their efforts misplaced.
    Exactly!!! They need to separate themselves from Zellers and tell Target why they are the best choice.

And the ones who demand / expect a position are probably not good for a start up company who wants people open to change. I know, if I was a manager, I would cringe if I had employees say "well that's not how we did it at Zellers".
    Silk likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a video from one of the Extreme Couponing participants. I follow her since she isn't crazy like the rest.
    At 3:40 in the video, she talks about how Target USA is using Facebook to give free pastry at Starbucks located in Target stores. I hope that Target Canada gives us goodies like this.

I am hoping for the clearance items that she talks about in this video, early on, and hope that they will take the printable coupons like she got for her coffee.

Can't wait.

I think the only way to get good deals like this at Target in Canada is not to spend money there for a while.If Target gets desperate for business then you will see deals.If they get lots of customers who spend lots of money there then there is no incentive for Target to give us free stuff and deals.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Mar 10th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
    NikyK and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't wait.

I'm excited to see how the couponing will work in Canada - I don't expect it to be identical to the US... I'm still happy they will give us a 5 cent bag credit and price match - I'm going to let the hype die down and see what happens

I mean in the video it seems like she used all MANU coupons - if she pared them with target coupons, she might have even got a better deal.... TY for Posting Shwa Girl
    seylz_gurl, Shwa Girl and vesper like this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information