User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Post #268 - Target (USA) + Starbucks + Facebook = Free

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will check out the new Target but I am not sure they will get a lot of my business. Wal-Mart is a lot closer for me and I am really not sure how competitive Target is going to be. It has been said that to start there main focus will not be on the 1 stop shop yet, they want to enter the market slowly and there main focus will not be on grocery and household needs which surprises me, especially since they got the huge Zellers in Aurora, Ontario. If there main focus is not going to be the 1 stop shop how are they going to fill that store. When that Zellers first opened their grocery section was great but as time went on, it went downhill. Never had what was on sale and in general I found the store messy.

I said this in another thread about Target, the issue here is the same, Target does these things in the States as they have to compete. It is like many other American stores looks at the rewards and discounts offered in the States and than look at them same chains in Canada. None of the same rewards and discounts are offered, why because no one is going to be the first one to do it unless they have too. Everyone said Wal-Mart would be exactly the same in Canada as they are in the US but they are not, it was not until the Canadian dollar went up that pricing the same or close to what it was in the States, why because in Canada there is not the same competition here and they are not going to be the first. Unless Target coming forces Wal-Mart to take these steps or Target is forced to, to compete with Wal-Mart I highly doubt we will see the same rewards and discounts.

Let's be honest how many people cross boarder shop, they keep saying Canadian retailers are trying to keep Canadians in Canada but when the US chains we have in Canada do not offer the same discounts in US people will keep crossing the boarder to shop and these stores although taking small steps they are not willing to go as far as they do in the US to get your business, why because most cross boarder shoppers are shopping at these stores in US so no matter what they are still getting your money. It is sad but true, I will be happy to see Target offer coupons in Canada but I think if they do it will probably be at least a year or more before they even start to talk about it.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I will check out the new Target but I am not sure they will get a lot of my business. Wal-Mart is a lot closer for me and I am really not sure how competitive Target is going to be.

Price match Target to Walmart

It has been said that to start there main focus will not be on the 1 stop shop yet, they want to enter the market slowly and there main focus will not be on grocery and household needs which surprises me, especially since they got the huge Zellers in Aurora, Ontario. If there main focus is not going to be the 1 stop shop how are they going to fill that store. When that Zellers first opened their grocery section was great but as time went on, it went downhill. Never had what was on sale and in general I found the store messy.

I said this in another thread about Target, the issue here is the same, Target does these things in the States as they have to compete.

PRicing, employee salaries, employee benefits, store costs, store suppliers, store overheads -- differ between Canada and the U.S.

It is like many other American stores looks at the rewards and discounts offered in the States and than look at them same chains in Canada. None of the same rewards and discounts are offered, why because no one is going to be the first one to do it unless they have too.
    I will be contacting Target and Walmart encouraging them to mimic the same rewards and online coupons that are on their US store websites.

Everyone said Wal-Mart would be exactly the same in Canada as they are in the US but they are not,

Due to Canadian government requirements, tariff and trade agreements, the US and Canadian stores cannot be identical.
    it was not until the Canadian dollar went up that pricing the same or close to what it was in the States, why because in Canada there is not the same competition here and they are not going to be the first. Unless Target coming forces Wal-Mart to take these steps or Target is forced to, to compete with Wal-Mart I highly doubt we will see the same rewards and discounts.

Let's be honest how many people cross boarder shop, they keep saying Canadian retailers are trying to keep Canadians in Canada but when the US chains we have in Canada do not offer the same discounts in US people will keep crossing the boarder to shop and these stores although taking small steps they are not willing to go as far as they do in the US to get your business, why because most cross boarder shoppers are shopping at these stores in US so no matter what they are still getting your money. It is sad but true, I will be happy to see Target offer coupons in Canada but I think if they do it will probably be at least a year or more before they even start to talk about it.
    We will see some good competition among stores, as they try to get our business. That is the best part of Target coming.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    For me, Target will be given an opportunity in its first year to hopefully supply items in cheery colours that seem absent from current offerings in bedding and bath items seen in other retail stores. I understand that US Target supposedly carries shower curtains by Spring Hill/Maid? and since that is the name on the tag of my current curtain from Sears (circa 2000 or so), I'd like see some new curtains from that brand.
    I just finished checking out walmart.ca to see if they have any good clearance deals. The survey pop up request came. I told them -- be like walmart.com, offer coupons, and be a true competitor to Target Canada coming in the next few months.

Maybe more SCers should let them know what they want to see at Walmart and Target Canada. It may make a difference.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Additional Red Card Deals

*As above, Target Red Cards come in debit or credit forms.
    *US stores offer free shipping at www.target.com
    *US stores offer 5% off your purchase in store or at www.target.com
    *30 extra days for returns

YMMV
    http://www.target.com/redcard/benefits-target-rewards

The reward of free shipping alone makes this card awesome. I frequently shop Target.com. I have a friend who puts my purchases on her red card - I get 5% savings and free shipping, and I just send her a cheque (she's in the US and I pick up my order from a parcel service as I am in a border town).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    My Target card is ready to go...now I only have to wait until the fall...gr.
    I hope we can expect the staff to be as attentive in Canada as they are in the US...but I won't hold my breath. Our one Zellers in particular has been a dumping ground of either empty shelves, messy merchandise, no prices on items, no staff that would care enough to help.....rusted-out staff...who, since I asked many of them, are taking their retirement. Finally!
    Where did you go to get your card? In person or online??
    Shwa Girl and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    The reward of free shipping alone makes this card awesome. I frequently shop Target.com. I have a friend who puts my purchases on her red card - I get 5% savings and free shipping, and I just send her a cheque (she's in the US and I pick up my order from a parcel service as I am in a border town)

Where did you go to get your card? In person or online??
    I got it in the US, in person...I absolutely love Target and shop there often; when we live in Florida for the month of March, we do almost all of our grocery shopping there, also. The Target stores there are bright, VERY clean and well-maintained, have nice wide aisles...very much the opposite of the Zellers we had here: I'll be happy to see it go! It was honestly depressing to shop at Zellers! Rusted-out staff, dim lighting, narrow aisles, merchandise flopping all over the place, no prices on most items so that WE'RE expected to do the job of the staff and find our own prices on those stupid posts that are too few and far between, anyway! How on earth did they expect to stay afloat?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

OMG I am so having some coupon love for you right now! Thanks so much for the update... i signed up for the email stuff. This is very welcome news. I can not wait to be a Target card carrying deal hunting shopper! Hey does Target have a slogan saying they are right on the money?.. if they don't they probably should!
    Lynn49 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    OMG I am so having some coupon love for you right now! Thanks so much for the update... i signed up for the email stuff. This is very welcome news. I can not wait to be a Target card carrying deal hunting shopper! Hey does Target have a slogan saying they are right on the money?.. if they don't they probably should!
    Glad you signed up for the e-mail. Their slogan is "Expect more. Pay less."

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Shwa Girl, thanks so much for all of the Target info you provided.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes. Me too.
    I encourage SCers to e-mail Target about getting the $5 gift card deals that they have in the US (see video post +
    http://www.totallytarget.com/2012/12...low-as-free-2/)
    I encourage SCers to e-mail Target about getting the Target Canada coupons online, like in the US. (US coupons: http://coupons.target.com/).

The offers should be as good for Canadians as for the US shoppers. Only fair.
    https://corporate-secure.target.ca/m.../en/contact-us
    Great idea.Everyone should email them Canadians expect printable coupons and $5 gift cards and greater variety of stuff too.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad you signed up for the e-mail. Their slogan is "Expect more. Pay less."
    Their Target Canada slogan should be Pay more.Expect less.
    carlyincanada and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Looking forward to checking out a Target store, I've never been. Glad to see ours is opening soon.. (Moncton, NB)
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Their Target Canada slogan should be Pay more.Expect less.
    I hope this doesn't happen. I hope they give us some deals. If not, I will be contacting them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target Red Card - 5% discount using their debit or credit card (through RBC bank) - apply in February
    http://corporate.target.ca/m/company/redcard
    From what I can tell the Red Card Debit Card can be married to any bank account. You don't need to have an account with RBC to get one of the debit cards. Is that the way you read it too?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hanksr View Post
    From what I can tell the Red Card Debit Card can be married to any bank account. You don't need to have an account with RBC to get one of the debit cards. Is that the way you read it too?
    Yes. I believe you are correct.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Awww!! Chatham ON not til Summer 2013!! Its gonna take them awhile to renovate that former Zellers for sure!!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information