User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best Checking and Savings Account

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

There is also a scotiabank high interest savings account.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for this post! I've been wanting to find a bank that doesn't have any fees and it sounds like PC is it.
    I used to be with Scotiabank -- until one day the teller was SO rude to me I had her close down my account right there. I switched to BMO which is fantastic but I am no longer in school and can't keep a high enough balance right now so any options for free banking I don't qualify for.
    But BMO customer service is unreal. They're fantastic.
    Last edited by Brooke_; Sun, Feb 17th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have had bank accounts with almost everyone!! Right now we are currently through ATB, we switched from RBC because we got our mortgage through ATB. I personally don't like ATB. They recently finally got e-transfers, you can't do all your banking online (opening new accounts, etc.), they don't have the nice no lick envelopes, among other things. I preferred RBC because of the ease of use, but I didn't feel valued as a customer. It is my opinion that if I have to bank and use my debit all the time, I should get something for it. ATB have zero customer incentive programs for chequing accounts.

I know lots of people who love PC

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

PC for checking. Not PC for savings, unless I don`t have the right one. I have a horrible interest rate

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    PC for checking. Not PC for savings, unless I don`t have the right one. I have a horrible interest rate
    PC Savings interest rate is 1.35% right now I think. I had an older savings account that was 0.50% or so.
    Last edited by alicia; Thu, Jul 11th, 2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: typo

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... Just switched from Scotiabank to TD Bank. Mainly because I wanted the free tablet... secondly was because they were a little out of my way and TD is closer. I'm a student so I have no fees at the moment (except the few dollars I will due to having to open a certain kind of account until I get my tablet. Then i'll switch to the student account). :D

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am too lazy to switch banks. I have a checking account with TD that I keep the minimum in to avoid a fee. Then I have my accounts with PC & ING & they are free accounts. The savings rate is 1.35 but they often do promotional rates. ING just had a 2.35 (I think) for about 3 months
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am too lazy to switch banks. I have a checking account with TD that I keep the minimum in to avoid a fee. Then I have my accounts with PC & ING & they are free accounts. The savings rate is 1.35 but they often do promotional rates. ING just had a 2.35 (I think) for about 3 months
    Yep PC just had 2.6%, and now it's going to be 2% until the end of October. So, not too bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information