User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best Checking and Savings Account

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is the best Checking and best savings account (Not ING Direct)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Nayya likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I really like PC Financial. I have been with them for over 10 years and have been very please with them.
    Nayya, rngirl87 and i_forget like this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It would be more helpful to know what you mean by "best". There are so many combinations out there that there's no definitive answer. For example: if you want the highest interest rate, it may come with high withdrawal fees.
    Nayya likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I personally love my PC account. Absolutely no fees, unlimited transactions, free cheques, I get a good amount of interest each month in my savings accounts, and can do all my banking online which is super convenient . They may not have an actual 'physical' bank to go to, but the girls that work at my local PC pavilion are very helpful, and there are so many CIBC instant tellers around that getting my hands on cash etc, is easy peasy! You also get PC points when shopping at RCSS, No Frills, etc - I don't do a whole lot of shopping at these stores, but I still have enough to redeem for at least $20 each year - not bad for just using your debit card!
    I have been with them for about 9 years and I won't be changing anytime soon. It makes no sense to me to pay a monthly fee for banking! Extra money in my pocket.
    Nayya and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

ITA on the PC accounts. I also have the PC MC and it is the only card I used for groceries. I just did my year end budget totals and I redemmned 380.00 in FREE groceries last year.
    I have an ING account as well but over time it has just not proved as lucrative, for the most part the rates are the same as PC.
    Nayya likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have PC too
    Nayya likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have RBC account and have for about 25 ish years. It was my first bank account. Anyways we don't pay fees either as we have our mortgage and visa with them too. I am not overly happy with them and I am considering switching once our renewal comes up. I want a bank that values customers/get some incentives.
    Nayya likes this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Accounts for checking differ from savings accounts in that they are designed for numerous deposits and withdrawal transactions.
    Nayya likes this.
    url=http://www.hanoversquarebrokers.co.uk/]bridge loa[/url]

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Get a tax free saving account with ING direct.
    Nayya likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coast Capital is offering free checking accounts as well. If you are looking for higher interest on savings accounts - until I switched to them, Canada Direct was offering 3%. The first month I was with them - it dropped to 2.55% - but compared to the sad less than 1% interest paid by many of the others - it is worth my while opening the Tax Free Savings account.

We were with President's Choice for many years, but when it came down to being able to get certified cheques and other things - it just is not doable in a timely manner. To put a deposit on a property we wanted to buy, we had to order the certified cheque and wait 4 days for it to get to us. Some lawyers don't like waiting.
    Nayya likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'd say for a accessable one I agree with pc. Ing is always one of my top choices though but I'm going to try signing up for peoples trust this wee. Your money isn't as accessable but it's going to be great for investment savings ( I use mainly tfsa). As of right now,can't say I have researched everyone but I wouldn't really trust any others half as much (like td(altho I have a account there only cuz dd's resp),cibc,bmo,scotia etc.) They keep trying to run promos (but still isn't enough for me to sign up)everywhere now,maybe because more people are trying to be smarter a bit with their money and go for low fee accounts like pc.

However it always seems to me that there's something you can't get around with the no fee or high interest accounts. For me reason I haven't closed my td account is there's actually a accessable branch (unlike ing) and they offer resp's and I am not positive if pc or anyone offers to switch it to them if I were to switch but ing doesn't have them. Also not so sure I could get cheques from ing, never really looked into it.
    Last edited by kris32; Sun, Jan 6th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Nayya likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I love my Scotia account with the "Scene" debit card. Free movies are a nice perk...
    Nayya likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We have PC joint checking account and PC high interest account. Any extra amount can be moved to high interest account easily for short term. No fees for interac payments, cheques and cheque images are free too. I have been using it for few years and no problem. I recommend PC checking account.

Mark Davidson
    1828 Pineta Cove Dr Middleburg, FL 32068-3471
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have RBC account. I think money can not be increase if you do not invest it anywhere. Invest your money where you will get a higher interest and maximum returns. I have taken a title loans for my car and invested my money in real estate where I am getting a maximum profit.
    Last edited by MarkDavidson; Thu, Feb 7th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Nayya likes this.
    Hated being Hated...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Are you part of a professionnal order or group? If so you can get great advantages at a few banks, like National Bank and Desjardins, and probably others.
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information