• 2 Post By cbou
  • 1 Post By i_forget
  • 1 Post By maribel

Thread: 30% reduced price on meat at Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 3rd, 2013
    I stopped at my local Walmart to see if they had any good deal on Prime chicken before my coupons expired. I found several packages reduced at 30%. I also checked the other meat counters and found several other 30% deals. I was able to find several packages of Marc Angelo sausages (breakfast ones and italian turkey ones) and also souvlakis.

I guess they put those on sale because of New year's and stores being closed, otherwise food going to waste.

With coupons and price reductions, I got 13 packages of meat for 51.28 that would have otherwise cost 98.08$.

So go quick check before stores close.

And happy new year to you all. I wish health, happiness, and as much money you can save in 2013!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    Shwa Girl and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are going to our favorite stores just before they close tonight, to get rip and stick coupon deals too. January 2 may also have some deals too.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great job
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I also found some of those 30% off meat deal at Walmart on Sunday! I stocked up my fridge freezer for sure!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKin View Post
    I also found some of those 30% off meat deal at Walmart on Sunday! I stocked up my fridge freezer for sure!
    Thanks for posting, I have a question. These reduced meat usually has a day or 2 expiry, are these still good to freeze and for how long? Thanks for your replies. Happy New Year to all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Walmart yesterday and I was not too impressed with their meat prices.
    nothing was reduced, but at the price of it, I would not buy it reduced either.
    i don't know if it is just my store, but lean ground beef was $5 a half kilo!
    at 30% off, that is still $3.50 a half kilo...which is way too much still unless I am desperate. The regular price per kilo at Costco is $6.59 a kilo, so $3.30 per half kilo, which is still much cheaper than walmarts reduced prices.
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savabuck View Post
    Thanks for posting, I have a question. These reduced meat usually has a day or 2 expiry, are these still good to freeze and for how long? Thanks for your replies. Happy New Year to all.
    Yes they are good to freeze. I would say they are good left frozen for at least at Foodland and used them with the 30% off stickers. As the cashier rang them through she commented,"We really aren't supposed to accept coupons on reduced items. I thanked her and left.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

We went to Sobey's last night and it was rip&stick galore. Most of the deli prepared stuff, baked goods and meat was being stickered. I just waited for the meat to be stickered and picked tons up! The best part about sobey's? 50% off, not 30... Awesome! Missed the ground beef by an hour tho.. could have gone back but decided the hot tub was a better option!

before the christmas break, we went to no frills and got tons of things there too! always the best discounts right before the holiday closures. They had meat (first marked down 50%, labels replaced,) and then 30% stickers on top.. Produce, baked goods and we found Kraft Bagelfuls for 0.59 a box, and supreme perogies for $1.00 a bag..

Can't wait till the next holiday closure to see what kind of things we can pick up. We freeze meat when we bring it home anyways, so its a good thing for us.
    cbou likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have worked in meat depts for yrs, and those meats are fine. Watch ground meats, and chicken tho. Beef goes dark and is a sign of aging which is fine. If you are not going use that night, rewrap, then freeze IMMEDIATELY, the meat is good for as long as you would freeze it normally.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My local Sobeys had Turkeys 50 % off for about 3 days after X'Mas , now they are back to regular price

Thread Information