492 (100%)

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1252
Size:  45.4 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Gymboree
    lotsasavings likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

For anyone who hasn't bought Gymboree clothing for their children, it's worth a look. The quality of most items (except shoes) is wonderful. Good, non-fading/bleeding fabrics, thick, quality materials, durable, well-sewn appliques, non-peeling heat-set graphics. Things wash well and hold up. A few times a year (usually January (Gymbucks), May, end of July/early August) you can find some great deals on stuff they're clearing out (online, too!) I've bought tops for as little as $1.50. Regular prices are high, and prices drop faster online (US site) than they do in stores. Use the 20% coupon found periodically in magazines to reduce your total further.

Not sure about this sale. Will have to see if I can make it to a store to see if the prices on stuff in the bins are any better. The online prices have gone up since last week on most things. I love Gymboree, but I only buy it when it's cheap. Oh, for $3.50 tops and shorts ($26.50 regular price for the shorts)... I buy lots then! Hoping for good deals/selection at Gymbucks redemption in January. Maybe I can get some of my kid birthday/Christmas shopping done for the year. My nieces' birthday is at the end of August, so it's hard to find real deals on fall/winter stuff at that time, as it's all new for back to school.

My young sons have such beautiful wardrobes....When things are outgrown and I'm selling clothes at a garage sale for $1 a piece, there are going to be some pretty happy garage salers. A lot of people tend to mark used Gymboree way up, but when I've bought it for next to nothing to begin with, I think recouping $1 is fair!

How low can it go? Have a look at my brag from last May:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/295456-...heaven-canada/
    banana03, sweetmomma and hijinx25 like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

well 70% off may be worth a look! Anybody know when the second sale like this in the year is? Closest gymboree is sorta far from where i live,not sure if i will make it there in time Really wanted to get dd and her cous matching dresses for easter or something to.
    Last edited by kris32; Wed, Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    For anyone who hasn't bought Gymboree clothing for their children, it's worth a look. The quality of most items (except shoes) is wonderful. Good, non-fading/bleeding fabrics, thick, quality materials, durable, well-sewn appliques, non-peeling heat-set graphics. Things wash well and hold up. A few times a year (usually January (Gymbucks), May, end of July/early August) you can find some great deals on stuff they're clearing out (online, too!) I've bought tops for as little as $1.50. Regular prices are high, and prices drop faster online (US site) than they do in stores. Use the 20% coupon found periodically in magazines to reduce your total further.

Not sure about this sale. Will have to see if I can make it to a store to see if the prices on stuff in the bins are any better. The online prices have gone up since last week on most things. I love Gymboree, but I only buy it when it's cheap. Oh, for $3.50 tops and shorts ($26.50 regular price for the shorts)... I buy lots then! Hoping for good deals/selection at Gymbucks redemption in January. Maybe I can get some of my kid birthday/Christmas shopping done for the year. My nieces' birthday is at the end of August, so it's hard to find real deals on fall/winter stuff at that time, as it's all new for back to school.

My young sons have such beautiful wardrobes....When things are outgrown and I'm selling clothes at a garage sale for $1 a piece, there are going to be some pretty happy garage salers. A lot of people tend to mark used Gymboree way up, but when I've bought it for next to nothing to begin with, I think recouping $1 is fair!

How low can it go? Have a look at my brag from last May:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/295456-...heaven-canada/
    I agree with you totally. Their clothes are the best quality among all other stores including Mexx and Gap and we love the gymbucks. The only problem is that we just buy too much stuff from them as they always have good sales and then you like to redeem your gymbucks.
    sarah_cio likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Minou, I couldn't agree with you more!!

I have friends that roll their eyes when they find out I shop mostly Gymboree for my kids. Then I ask them how much they spent on the outfit that their child is currently wearing and 9 times out of 10, my child is dressed for 50% less or MORE.

You can also find printable gymboree coupons occassionally, too. Google gymboree tv offer every once in a while and there will be a link on their website. It's gone now, it was there up until Dec. 24. It will be back by Easter.

Also, if you have a friend and both of you don't have gymbo rewards card go in store and sign up together - make a purchase right then and you'll both save an additional 25%.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I don't usually see many dresses for toddlers/older kids in the bins... The St. Vital Winnipeg store had lots of infants' summer clothing for boys and girls, but not all that much in the bins for larger sizes. I had to wonder why someone would buy a "Birthday Boy" T-shirt in a 3-6 month size. I did buy pink polo shirts and plaid skirts for my twin nieces, as well as items for a baby gift. Maybe see what they have for upcoming Gymbucks redemption?

If you have older kids, it would be a good idea to check out Sears today or tomorrow. With your Sears card, you get 50% off clearance, and it seems like they've done intermediate markdowns. For gifts for a 7 and 9 year old in my life, I bought Nike hooded sweatshirts for $10 each (regular 40). They even had Adidas and Nike pants for about $11.50 a pair. I bought a boys' Adidas workout jacket for about $9. I don't love Sears quality for most things, but when you can buy some of the brand-name stuff for 75% off or basics like jeans and cargo pants for older kids, it's a good time to go. I also noticed that they had Columbia parkas for older kids for somewhere in the $35 range. They also have 50% off footwear, including boots. They had Sorels and Kamiks for kids, too. They're not yet to my target $15 a pair, but I already have boots (and sandals) for my kids for the next three sizes up. In the summer, Columbia boots were about $13 a pair.

If you're looking for dresses, they had a lot of dressy ones for girls at Sears.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Wow - you are good. You should consider a kids' clothing thread for us! LOL I'd love it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I will have to check it out! I have a friend expecting in May and they have really cute infant items! I rarely shop here either except when they have reductions(which has only been a few occasions). Did find some cute boxers for my oldest in the Fall for $2.99(left over summer stock I was told)but any season underwear are the same imo!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

4everplanner's trades
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I don't usually see many dresses for toddlers/older kids in the bins... The St. Vital Winnipeg store had lots of infants' summer clothing for boys and girls, but not all that much in the bins for larger sizes. I had to wonder why someone would buy a "Birthday Boy" T-shirt in a 3-6 month size. I did buy pink polo shirts and plaid skirts for my twin nieces, as well as items for a baby gift. Maybe see what they have for upcoming Gymbucks redemption?

If you have older kids, it would be a good idea to check out Sears today or tomorrow. With your Sears card, you get 50% off clearance, and it seems like they've done intermediate markdowns. For gifts for a 7 and 9 year old in my life, I bought Nike hooded sweatshirts for $10 each (regular 40). They even had Adidas and Nike pants for about $11.50 a pair. I bought a boys' Adidas workout jacket for about $9. I don't love Sears quality for most things, but when you can buy some of the brand-name stuff for 75% off or basics like jeans and cargo pants for older kids, it's a good time to go. I also noticed that they had Columbia parkas for older kids for somewhere in the $35 range. They also have 50% off footwear, including boots. They had Sorels and Kamiks for kids, too. They're not yet to my target $15 a pair, but I already have boots (and sandals) for my kids for the next three sizes up. In the summer, Columbia boots were about $13 a pair.

If you're looking for dresses, they had a lot of dressy ones for girls at Sears.

Hold off on the Sorels and Kamiks if u can. Last year I bought mine from sears for $11 and $6. They get marked down big time on the red tags and then additional 50% off sales

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yup. The most incredible clearance at Sears happens around February and July, though the clearance Nike and Adidas stuff tends to be gone by then. Watch the Sears outlet in the summer, too, as they often have great prices on kids (and adult) boots when it goes 40% off outlet with your sears card. While you may happen across some really inexpensive boots in store, you may struggle with a lack of colour/size selection. They often have more stock online.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

hijinx: I talked everyone's ear off in a thread this summer. It's pathological. ;-)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/305635-...lothes-canada/

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4everplanner View Post
    Hold off on the Sorels and Kamiks if u can. Last year I bought mine from sears for $11 and $6. They get marked down big time on the red tags and then additional 50% off sales
    That's how I got mine for DS, last year!

I am also going to put a word in for Land's end. My little man is not so little- he is 3 1/2 wearing a size 7. So, we have been through A LOT of clothes. I have found Land's end fantastic for t-shirts, sandals etc. When it is free shipping, and extra % off, I check for anything in his next size. He is currently wearing four long sleeve t's I bought the end of last year for $4 CA. The quality is fantastic, (read any available reviews for fit) and wears so well. Then I take it to the consignment store and she sells it so quickly... it is a win/win.
    Last edited by matty's mom; Thu, Jan 3rd, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Shopped the Barrie, Ontario store. Lots of baby girl and baby boy for summer. I bought 8 pairs of summer shorts for my son (size 5/5t hoping they will fit ;-)) $3.99 each minus my 20% off coupon - Great Deal! I didn't see anything for my daughter (size 8).

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Just bought my 5 year old a snowsuit at sears for $50, the red ticket price was 80...wal mart had absolutly nothing and bonnie togs seemed pretty expensive! Was happy with that deal. Plus it was her fave character on it,hello kitty,lol.Probably would have been less if i had a sears card.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Prices on snowsuits will continue to drop, but finding the size you need gets difficult, especially for older kids, where you often have to buy jacket and pants separately. I recently broke down and bought a GAP warmest jacket snowsuit for next year. Reg. $120 for $40. Don't know much about Gap, but it seemed like a nice warm jacket. I also found a really nice-looking set in a boys' medium at The Children's Place after Christmas, and it worked out to $32. I'm sure the price will drop again in another month, but finding sizes will be difficult. I'm sure you bought a nice, set, Kris32, and I'm sure it wouldn't have lasted another price drop... selection of snowsuits seemed to be getting thin at the Sears I visited.

Once DS hits school age, I want to make sure he always has two snowsuits in his current size. If things go missing or need to be washed, or snowpants get left at school over the holidays, I want him to have a backup. It won't be too expensive to do if I shop on clearance. Hopefully, his younger brother will then have a hand-me down suit or two as a backup. I'd sure hate to have to buy a replacement snowsuit at close to full price if a jacket disappeared. I've also started a collection of sale mittens/gloves/hats when they go on for $1 or two. They're in a bin that I can find easily if items go missing.

Did things used to be more expensive, or did my mother not know how to shop in the eighties? I don't think I owned more than a few outfits in each size when I was in elementary school, and by the time I outgrew stuff, it was pretty much finished. I remember how thrilled I was to get not one, but TWO striped tops when I was in grade 2 or 3! When I was in Grade 5, I outgrew the snowsuit I had worn the previous two winters (couldn't do it up anymore. I think it had cost about $60 in about 1985), and somehow, despite my complaining, nobody got around to buying me one until what must have been the beginning of December. All I had was a light, unlined, blue and white spring jacket to wear... I walked to school and was a school patrol! Heck, parents walking their kids to school in the morning were telling me I should be wearing warmer clothes! Maybe prices are lower with things being made overseas? Maybe people just have more in general today.

I sure don't want to be caught short when it comes to snowsuits for my kids!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information