User Tag List

Page 100 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I have not stepped on a scale yet....had to buy one. Kids dropped my digital one and broke it.

I think I may do an evening post where I list everything that I eat and my exercise during the day to help me stay accountable.

Today I had:
    bottle of water
    Brekkie, Egg Salad (egg, mayo, pepper, onion, whole wheat toast)
    Coffee, tablespoon cream, 2 splenda

Lunch
    2 cups salad (mix of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, vinegar, feta, salt and pepper)

Dinner
    Egg salad again

Snack
    Bottle of water
    raw cauliflower, 3 pieces

Exercise:
    AM, 5 KM walk
    PM, 3 KM walk
    Vacuumed the house and washed all the floors, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.

Proud of myself, I said NO to the following items today:
    Chocolate bar my daughter offered me
    Ice Cream cone my mom offered me
    AND!!!!!
    No wine.
    Last edited by i_forget; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

good lord, just thinking about all the stuff you did yesterday made me tired I just thought I'd pop in as I haven't been around this month ( campground internet) Hope everyone is doing fabulous. I have faith in you all. Have an amazing Wednesday everyone!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I liked the movie Forks Over Knives. I think it's main goal is to make people realize that their food comes from somewhere. I think most of us have forgotten that Be it an orange or bacon.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Well, I have not stepped on a scale yet....had to buy one. Kids dropped my digital one and broke it.

I think I may do an evening post where I list everything that I eat and my exercise during the day to help me stay accountable.

Today I had:
    bottle of water
    Brekkie, Egg Salad (egg, mayo, pepper, onion, whole wheat toast)

Lunch
    2 cups salad (mix of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, vinegar, feta, salt and pepper)

Dinner
    Egg salad again

Snack
    Bottle of water
    raw cauliflower, 3 pieces

Exercise:
    AM, 5 KM walk
    PM, 3 KM walk
    Vacuumed the house and washed all the floors, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.

Proud of myself, I said NO to the following items today:
    Chocolate bar my daughter offered me
    Ice Cream cone my mom offered me
    AND!!!!!
    No wine.
    How wonderful for you! It seems we share an affinity for egg salad... LOVE that stuff! I cut some chives from our garden yesterday just to make it today..have the eggs 'cooking' already! I make toasted egg salad sandwiches with WW bread..it really feels like cheating!
    And your exercise program?! Man! Wish I could do that again...not that I ever walked THAT far, but...maybe I should push myself a little more each day and walk just a half block longer....?
    Congrats, Hon! You done good!

I'm on my bland "GERD" diet again...no wine, no diet pop, which is probably a good thing....and smaller portions more frequently during the day. It might take a week or two to straighten this out and feel normal again, but feeling like this, waking up choking throughout the day and into the night isn't much fun.....

Have a successful day, everyone!!
    SillyLoocie, Abby5 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    How wonderful for you! It seems we share an affinity for egg salad... LOVE that stuff! I cut some chives from our garden yesterday just to make it today..have the eggs 'cooking' already! I make toasted egg salad sandwiches with WW bread..it really feels like cheating!
    And your exercise program?! Man! Wish I could do that again...not that I ever walked THAT far, but...maybe I should push myself a little more each day and walk just a half block longer....?

I'm on my bland "GERD" diet again...no wine, no diet pop, which is probably a good thing....and smaller portions more frequently during the day. It might take a week or two to straighten this out and feel normal again, but feeling like this, waking up choking throughout the day and into the night isn't much fun.....

Glad the gerd diet works for you A friend of mine has it and takes meds for it and diets...nothing seems to work
    At the moment I am hungry all the time. I bruised my leg 2 weeks ago paddle boarding and have yet to be able to go to the gym again. Doing well with the GF diet on week 6 with no slip ups. But my throat is killing and closing all the time. The dr thinks I have a viral throat thing??? She also thinks I have fibromyalgia ???
    I really don't know much about it??
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I liked the movie Forks Over Knives. I think it's main goal is to make people realize that their food comes from somewhere. I think most of us have forgotten that Be it an orange or bacon.
    I agree, even being vegetarian is complicated. I don't like eating produce from the states. It scares me , I have been trying to figure out how to grow my own lettuce in the house during the winter, need space .

The movie is all about choices. Yes they advocate vegan/vegetarian lifestyle as the best alternative but Dr. Campbell who is probably the least "militant" of the bunch also states 5% fat is enough to keep cancer turned off. So you can pretty much get that fat from any source you like. Meat, dairy, oils. We choose not to but that's just us.

Ideally you have to decide for yourself. I think the best thing to do is just read labels, be informed, even know where your produce comes from. What are the regulations in those countries? Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers !!! Yikes!!!
    SillyLoocie and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I agree, even being vegetarian is complicated. I don't like eating produce from the states. It scares me , I have been trying to figure out how to grow my own lettuce in the house during the winter, need space .

The movie is all about choices. Yes they advocate vegan/vegetarian lifestyle as the best alternative but Dr. Campbell who is probably the least "militant" of the bunch also states 5% fat is enough to keep cancer turned off. So you can pretty much get that fat from any source you like. Meat, dairy, oils. We choose not to but that's just us.

Ideally you have to decide for yourself. I think the best thing to do is just read labels, be informed, even know where your produce comes from. What are the regulations in those countries? Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers !!! Yikes!!!
    Don't forget GMOs!!! That is the trickiest one for me right now. Since in Canada we don't have any labelling for it!! So frustrating!!! My kids have not had corn on the cob due to this. This is the first year Canada allowed GMO corn to be grown as cobs to eat. I buy 90% or more organic
    SillyLoocie and Patty Smyth like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Don't forget GMOs!!! That is the trickiest one for me right now. Since in Canada we don't have any labelling for it!! So frustrating!!! My kids have not had corn on the cob due to this. This is the first year Canada allowed GMO corn to be grown as cobs to eat. I buy 90% or more organic

Funny you mention corn, we made the decision also to but way back this year. DH and me were talking about it this weekend. We LOVE corn but the whole Monsanto thing with the Roundup in the seeds , Scary
    SillyLoocie and i_forget like this.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've been trying my darndest to get my dh to go on a diet. He eats late at night when I am not there to pester him. He is 6'1 & 240lbs. This morning when I came downstairs, I discovered he had open a bag of chocolate chips to snack on. I believe he is an emotional eater & even he agrees.
    It's very frustrating sometimes. So much can happen when you change your diet & your life can improve so much. One of the problems is people often want a miracle fix for a very long term problem.
    I'd like to send him to diet camp where there is no beer, bread, cold cuts etc.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Funny you mention corn, we made the decision also to but way back this year. DH and me were talking about it this weekend. We LOVE corn but the whole Monsanto thing with the Roundup in the seeds , Scary
    It is scary! Corn is treated two ways. GMO in the kernel to basically blow up the stomachs of corn beetles/worms -and then with resistant to Round up herbicides. And we wonder why we have so many more allergies since the '80. All an allergy is a leaky gut that the body then attacks the allergy. We are the corn beetles, we are just bigger so we don't blow up ...we just leak
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I've been trying my darndest to get my dh to go on a diet. He eats late at night when I am not there to pester him. He is 6'1 & 240lbs. This morning when I came downstairs, I discovered he had open a bag of chocolate chips to snack on. I believe he is an emotional eater & even he agrees.
    It's very frustrating sometimes. So much can happen when you change your diet & your life can improve so much. One of the problems is people often want a miracle fix for a very long term problem.
    I can relate. My youngest ds has the same problem This summer I just stopped buying everything. No pop, juice, cold cuts, cheese, chips, candy etc...He still eats but it is a lot harder to gain weight eating watermelon and hard boiled eggs A lot of time he goes to the fridge and says we have nothing to eat and gets angry and slams the door. When he s calmer we talk about other stress relievers. Or food tat there is to eat and how I can help him find something. It has been working. But he went to his dads for a week and gained 6 lbs. He must have been eating only junk. And sure enough as the weeks go by I learned what he ate that week !!! Whole tubs of ice cream, 2L of pop,cartons of juice, pizzas, patties,flakies etc.. So I feel even more pressure not to have those things in the house and to teach him they are treats
    SillyLoocie and Patty Smyth like this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I am an emotional eater as well.

I HAVE to plan what I am eating and when I am feeling emotional, I force myself to go to one of my other emotional crutches to stop me from eating.

I also use to eat junk at night, and it was because I was relaxing and winding down, so I would snack . It was totally mindless snacking. So now I keep all of the bad foods out of the house so I am forced to munch on something good.

The kids hate me for no junk in the house, but oh well.
    SillyLoocie, Patty Smyth and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I LOVE egg salad. It has a lot of protein in it, tastes delicious and keeps me away from the other meats like chicken and beef.

I made myself a promise that if I can walk somewhere, that I will instead of driving.

Keep up the good work on your diet Lynn....I know it is hard with no wine and diet pop...I miss them too
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When does our new thread start re Labour Day?
    I feel like a new beginning..anyone else feel that way?
    Take our a brooms, sweep the past outta here, take big deep breaths and start fresh!

Abby5 and Granger like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

When does our new thread start re Labour Day?
    I feel like a new beginning..anyone else feel that way?
    Take our a brooms, sweep the past outta here, take big deep breaths and start fresh!

This IS the Labor Day challenge, we started June 22 Better late than never Lynn.
    Abby5 and Granger like this.

Page 100 of 226 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast

Thread Information