User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Totally shocked!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't cash the cheque, because then she'll think you still owe her the things she asked you for. Don't rip it up either because that would be stooping to her level. Just send it back in one piece without any further comment.
    Has she always been this way or did she just completely lose her mind without any warning?
    Her over the top reaction seems to be an indication that on some level she knows how wrong she is and being with you is bringing that into the light.
    matrix82 and newb like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Never thought of that. Good for pointing it out
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read your update...you are an amazing friend!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow...what a weird person...I had a friend like that...Flushed her and feel liberated...I hardly suggest for you to do the same;those persons are selfish,not educated to do those sort of things,add no manner and nothing good can came out with that...Ex friend even asked me 1 tiime to return an item she give it to me...I ranted aboout that I thing In that time ...When I give her food and things and never ask anything back;I just wanted to help her and she take advantage of me...this is not friendship;it is si sad those long friendship change with time but it is life...Life will bring you real friends with good manners imao!!!!!!!
    matrix82 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

WOW.

As someone who owns higher end vehicles, I am completely disgusted at her behaviour, if I were to see someone doing that to any of my cars lord help me because the cops would be called and I would be going to jail because I would lose my s*&t.

She is a terrible person for teaching her children such things, and that ding in the BMW's door probably costs more to repair than her own vehicle. People who own nice things like a BMW or a Porsche typically 95% of the time means they have worked their a&$ off to get it, believe me I know - these things do not just pop up in your driveway. This type of behaviour fosters that hand me everything on a silver plater notion so I don't ever have to work for it.

They say you surround yourself with people who you admire and who will better you as a person, I don't see this individual doing any of these things for you if this is the type of person that she is.

If I were you, I would send her a note back with the cheque she originally sent you with a note stating: "I am very sorry but I have been really busy and do not have the time to look for the things you have sent me or ship them out, so I have returned your original cheque to you as a form of compensation"
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly5 View Post
    I decided to take some time this afternoon and call some other friends and talk about this situation. Since this is the first time that my friend has ever exhibited this type of behaviour I decided to find out what else is going on. My group of friends was just as shocked as I was. I also talked to her parents that were also shocked. I'm not really ready to just give up on a friend that I've had for over 20 years because of this one situation. I also don't want to support this type of behaviour, and am not ready to support teaching children bad behaviour.

Her parents are intending to visit this evening to see what has been happening. If there is some sort of holiday stress, a bad fight in her marriage, or some sort of medical issue. I'm hoping there's something more going on in her life to support needing help rather than just assuming that she has suddenly become an awful person. The whole thing seems really strange to me and I want to give a good friend help.

To be honest, my first inclination was to just put all of it in the garbage, but upon further thought I've decided to give my friend the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully after her parents visit her there'll be more of an explanation for the surprising behaviour.

You are a very understanding person, hope it works out for you.

But regardless of what is going on in her own personal life/marriage/work/friendships, it is not under any circumstance okay to destroy other peoples property
    Last edited by lessthannat; Wed, Jan 2nd, 2013 at 09:31 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I would tell her...bring your kid to go karts...you can destroy things and it is made for that...People causing volontary repairs huh...crazy
    matrix82 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW..WOW.. I thought I heard everything...With some chance she might be reading this: One time she might be victim of her own kids' "prank"
    matrix82 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow that is something-and you truly are a good friend to try and see what it might be bothering her -but thank goodness i raised my kids right -my daughter dinged a car on xmas day a few years back on a side street then went to the door and told the gentleman sorry i banged your car -it was xmas night too -i will pay for it she stated-he was so kind that she didnt drive away-he then knocked the price down to 500.00 for a higher amount -but to teach your kids that unreal

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

LOL! If nothing turns out to be wrong, I hope she's embarrassed by her parents' sudden interest in her madwoman letters and car-door denting.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow. Wow. Wow.

All I can say is that your (former) friend has serious untreated entitlement AND possibly mental health issues. You should be grateful she cut the cord so you didn`t have to.
    matrix82 likes this.

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly5 View Post
    I decided to take some time this afternoon and call some other friends and talk about this situation. Since this is the first time that my friend has ever exhibited this type of behaviour I decided to find out what else is going on. My group of friends was just as shocked as I was. I also talked to her parents that were also shocked. I'm not really ready to just give up on a friend that I've had for over 20 years because of this one situation. I also don't want to support this type of behaviour, and am not ready to support teaching children bad behaviour.

Her parents are intending to visit this evening to see what has been happening. If there is some sort of holiday stress, a bad fight in her marriage, or some sort of medical issue. I'm hoping there's something more going on in her life to support needing help rather than just assuming that she has suddenly become an awful person. The whole thing seems really strange to me and I want to give a good friend help.

To be honest, my first inclination was to just put all of it in the garbage, but upon further thought I've decided to give my friend the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully after her parents visit her there'll be more of an explanation for the surprising behaviour.
    To your friend, I have to say this....

As a mom of five boys, now all above the age of 15, I just want you to understand that allowing children to dent cars as a prank is setting them up for a life of misery in the future. There is a reason why our jails are full of young people who have not been taught to have respect for other people's property. Is this the kind of life you envision for your child? Think long and hard about it....or you may be taking trips to visit your children in a jail some time in the future.

This past week one of my sons had his truck broken into - window smashed and lock damaged. He worked hard to restore that truck and now must pay for further repairs because somebody decided it was ok to damage other people's property. Now suppose this was done to one of your children's vehicles a few years down the road - how would you feel?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Return the cheque and write a note and say you are even.
    SharonMe likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Return the cheque and write a note and say you are even.

No no no, go cash the cheque and buy " How to raise kids for dummies" Then mail the book back with a note that says your welcome..

donate the rest to CHMA (Canadian Mental Health Society)

boom
    Last edited by blackstockc; Thu, Jan 3rd, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
    gracesmommy likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Her parents found out that she had just filed for divorce and is terrified of the consequences. I'm a little surprised about the divorce, but that doesn't mean she can act this way. I intend to call her later today. I'm a little nervous because I haven't spoken to her since before Christmas. I intend to tell her that we can still be friends if she agrees to explain her choice to send the letter, as I don't think that filing for divorce really explains the letter. Also, I intend to explain that I don't condone her behaviour in regards to teaching her children that damaging cars is acceptable. If she agrees that was totally unacceptable and explains the letter then we can continue to be friends, however, if she still thinks I'm wrong then I don't intend to pursue the relationship any further.

I can honestly say that it will be difficult to let this friend go. We've been friends for over 20 years. We met in grade one and have been friends ever since. She was in my wedding party, and I was in hers. I'm the godparent to her children.

I have weeded friends from the garden of friendship before, but never a friend that I've had for so long. (I heard someone use this expression before and thought it was amusing.) I have got rid of friends for doing various upsetting things, and this friend has done something far worse than some of those other people did. I just know that she has never been like this before. If this was behaviour that had happened many times before I'd be more inclined to end the friendship.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information