User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe2011 View Post
    what time does it begin at...i like watching these shows although not the same for Canadians...maybe one day
    It says on TLC website from 4pm-7pm ET/PT
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Apr 30th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The lady that dumpster dives had to do different transactions because the grocery store only allows 10 like coupons in a transaction.Since the store let her do different transactions to use her coupons.They may as well make it unlimited coupons for customers to use.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, May 1st, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

On one hand, yes, Extreme Couponing on TLC is well...extreme, but that's what sells TV shows.
    I can't say as I blame families for stockpiling, the economy down there is bad, you don't know if your spouse (or you) will be layed off your job at any time. People have stockpiled for years, ie making preserves, etc to last through the winter. And these days, there is going to be food shortages and/or increases to food prices (already seeing it) due to rising fuel costs. If it's about taking care of your family's needs, then I'm all for it.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I've never seen this show because I don't have TLC. Am almost thinking of paying for the extra channel just so I can see what all the fuss is about this show. LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, I like the woman's shopping better. I don't think the guy had anything healthy in his cart. However, I do think the food banks should hire him to buy food for them. The can really spread a dollar.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes, Desiree fell into a dumpster - one with a warning sign clearly labelled on the outside, showing that you should not climb into the dumpser. This is getting a little crazy.
    All I could think was "I hope there wasn't a junkie shooting up behind the dumpster and tossing in the used needle"...imagine her landing in there on an AIDS infected needle....so nasty....I wish they wouldn't promote dumpster diving.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    I thought it was nice of the mom (notice her very skany low-neck top? Gross!) to share her stash with her son's friends although i hope they don't eat all that junk in one sitting! I haven't seen many episodes were these extreme couponers are actually sharing/donating their stash, even with extended family members!
    With ginormous sloppy tittays like that hanging all over the place, I doubt the boy's friends are just coming over for the food!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    With ginormous sloppy tittays like that hanging all over the place, I doubt the boy's friends are just coming over for the food!

LOL

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    All I could think was "I hope there wasn't a junkie shooting up behind the dumpster and tossing in the used needle"...imagine her landing in there on an AIDS infected needle....so nasty....I wish they wouldn't promote dumpster diving.

I was wondering why she wouldn't wear gloves. I do if I go on a reycling bin walk.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    May 4 new episode Chris tries to get donation items for free.Antoinette coupons to take care of her mother and daughter.
    bump for tomorrow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 11 episode Amber & Tammilee Seattle mother of four Amber must bring all of her kids shopping when her babysitter is late.Meanwhile extreme couponer Tammilee from Spokane saves up money to go on multiple vacations with her husband every year.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think Amber is shadylane2121 on youtube, she's a smart gal, her husband is right into couponing with her. I doubt we'll see anything bad with her, because she's a very honest girl.

Some people might wtf at her husband Clay though, he's a bit out there, and he's white and has cornrows and kinda acts like he's from the hood, if you know what I mean.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I think Amber is shadylane2121 on youtube, she's a smart gal, her husband is right into couponing with her. I doubt we'll see anything bad with her, because she's a very honest girl.

Some people might wtf at her husband Clay though, he's a bit out there, and he's white and has cornrows and kinda acts like he's from the hood, if you know what I mean.
    If he's into couponing he's okay then.Very frustrating for couponers when their spouse or partner goes out and buys stuff full price.It's like they defeated all the couponers hard work.It will be nice to see them show an honest couponer who saves a ton of money.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, May 4th, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

double post

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I'm getting ready to watch last week's episode & the new one.....hopefully I won't fall asleep AGAIN! Last night, I was starting to watch the dumpster chick episode and after she fell in, I fell asleep AGAIN.....geez, I'm usually a night hawk and twice now, I've doozed off right after she falls in!!

Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information