User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Which beauty subscription box are you currently subscribe to?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What beauty box places are there and how much do they cost?

Do any of them customize the samples for your skin tone too?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I discovered your blog yesterday - it is great, and very informative!

Quote Originally Posted by vjillian View Post
    I get pretty well all of the boxes available to Canadians. Topbox, Luxe Box, Ipsy, Julep, SeasonsBox, Beauty Box 5, plus a bunch of food and lifestyle subscription boxes.

Glymm and Glossybox Canada are both out of business now.

If anyone is interested in them, check out my blog. It's all about Canadian subscription boxes. cdnboxaddict.blogspot.ca
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think I am getting rid of ipsy, they charge in US $$ so it is now well above $20
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think Birchbox.ca charges in CDN dollars, and with shipping is about $15.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, I have it too, ipsy often has better products, but not worth $20
    That being said, I got both yesterday and they both had much better suited products than I usually get
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Did anyone try Naturebox...I got one for free and there were some very yummy stuff, though I say half of them were crap

EDIT: I do not have any box as I am too cheap to shell out $15 every month!
    Last edited by Arvilish; Thu, Sep 17th, 2015 at 10:52 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I subscribed to Ipsy and then cancelled my subscription after the 3rd month cos they were sending me crap. Plus with the weak Canadian dollar, I was getting ripped off and not getting my money's worth. Unfortunately, I signed up for the 1 year subscription so I have another 9 months to go...ho hum!

I would love to sign up to another beauty box. Thinking about Birchbox...anyone had good experience with it?
    Last edited by salady; Sun, Sep 20th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I would love to sign up to another beauty box. Thinking about Birchbox...anyone had good experience with it?
    I signed up with BirchBox about a week ago, and am waiting for my first package. I like that the fee is in Canadian dollars and includes shipping. I wish more of the subscription boxes would expand this way into Canada, as there are some that would make nice gifts. I'll try BirchBox for a few months and see what it's like.
    FallenPixels and salady like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Here are my recent Birchboxes

Sept
    Name:  Birchbox September 2015 Unboxing You're Beautiful Products.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  49.0 KB

August
    Name:  August 2015 Birchbox Unboxing.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  73.3 KB

July
    Name:  Birchbox-July-2015-Unboxing---Best-Health-Box---All-Products.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  64.3 KB

June
    Name:  birchbox-june-2015-all.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  54.2 KB
    salady and TrueNorthTreasures like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you for the pictures, FallenPixels! Hmm...I thought there would be more make-up in these boxes.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I did too, ipsy "learns" from your reviews what you like/dislike (although my glambag last month was awful) but Birchbox just send whatever they think will suit.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for the photos, Fallen! I was under the impression that Birchbox sent more makeup but it seems mostly skincare stuff. I have been debating on whether I should subscribe to them for a while now but then saw loads of complaints on their FB page...slow shipping times, boxes with all skincare/no makeup, etc. and decided I won't bother with it. I'm happy with the skincare I already use and would like to expand my makeup horizon. Ipsy has been a massive letdown, although to be fair, I have only been subscribed to them since June of this year and have maybe found 2 holy grail items through them. September's bag was such a joke...we'll see what October brings!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I liked my Sept ipsy items, probably the best one since I started subscribing (maybe I was just happy to get nail polish). I haven't tried enough to know if any are holy grail items but I got

- Crown double ended eyeshadow brush, decent quality will definitely use it but hate double ended brushes can't go in my brush jar which is annoying
    - Formula X polish in a dark red (Ignite)
    - NYX eye shadow trio curated for ipsy so not available in stores but neutral browns that are in most of their palettes
    - MOTD waterproof eyeliner
    - Acure facial scrub
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Did anyone try Naturebox...I got one for free and there were some very yummy stuff, though I say half of them were crap

EDIT: I do not have any box as I am too cheap to shell out $15 every month!

I haven't tried Nature Box but was curious about the Canadian version, Naked Snacks. Yesterday, I discovered that they are doing a Kickstarter campaign to expand their business (which has been quite successful, I gather). The perks on their Kickstarter campaign are actually a bit less expensive that buying the boxes through their website, so I contributed so I could try it. If I enjoy it, I'll likely get a gift subscription for my parents for Christmas.

(Sorry, that's a bit off-topic. Back to beauty boxes!)
    Arvilish likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I am a little bit obsessed with subscription boxes... I don't currently subscribe to the beauty boxes, but I have a lifestyle box, a craft box, a nail polish box, and a food box. My favourite is the Beaver Box (Canadian Lifestyle Box) The products are all Canadian which I really like, plus I have found a use for everything in the box.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information