User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Buyers beware : Please read shoppers drug mart electronics

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

When I bought a Nintendo DS on a bonus redemption day, they actually had me sign a paper saying I knew I could not return/exchange it if there was something wrong with it out of the box.. It was a SDM in Windsor ON.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    doesn't the highlighted part apply in this situation ?
    DVDs, VHS movies, video games, CD’s and software. Not consoles and other electronics.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers has a very weird business model but obviously it works for them. There seems to be a real contradiction that they are selling the "convenience" factor but it is not very convenient to buy something that doesn't work and can't be returned.

I wonder though as US retailers move into Canada with more customer friendly policies how they will fare.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's sad that they don't offer full services when it comes to dealing with the manufacturer on your behalf if the item is faulty.

they are constantly pushing their image as a company that cares about the consumer, and really push electronics sales at certain times of the year.

i hope they adjust their policies to be more helpful to customers.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I had a brand new one in a box to return and my store wouldn't even take it back. Said their store was now not going to be selling electronics so they had decided no returns. I won't deal with these folks at all anymore - totally done.

Shopper's is definitely going in the wrong direction for both customer service and staying in business.

I bought mine with cash and didn't even use my optimum card. I'm like are you kidding me? No, I'm the manager and its my decision.

SO DONE...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ take it to another store if one is nearby. I am sure you'll have better luck. Frustrating though for sure.

One of my local stores at least has signs everywhere saying no returns on electronics - although, I bet they'd still accept brand new in box items.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I understand how frustrating this policy is but Shopper's is not the only one with a policy like this. One of my co worker's purchased an Ipod for her son at The Source and needless to say something happened and it stopped working, when she took it back to them she was told she had to contact Apple as it was a defective product and there is nothing they could do.
    That might not be a Source policy as much as it is an Apple policy. I know Apple prefers customers to deal with them directly rather than returning and exchanging. We upgraded my husband to an IPhone before Christmas and were warned several times that once we left the store with it any and all issues had to be taken up with Apple. Didn't matter if it died in the parking lot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I bought a wii system for my nephew but found out his dad got him a 3DS. Tried to return it at the Mavis and Burnhamthorpe location and the cashier refused, said since they sold out of the item I can't return it. She then insisted that I return it at the store where I had bought it, also saying that the Wii system is SEASONAL merchandise (WTF!). I returned it at another location without any problem after they verified that I haven't opened the packaging. They didn't even care which location I bought it.

Anyway, my nephew was showing off his brand new 3DS and I kept thinking why my brother in law didn't buy him a 3DS XL. I could have exchange to a 3DS XL instead but he already opened the package.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I expect when i buy a product from anystore that it is in working order, it should not matter if it is a drug store selling electronics or a convienence store selling alcohol. if a store stocks its shelves with a product than they should stand by it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

I bought a brand new fridge ($2500 - Leon's ). When it became apparent that it was not working properly the store I purchased it from refered me to Whirlpool. Even though we had bought the extended warranty, all 1st year problems are dealt with by the manufacturer.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This policy has been there since a long time ago. Last year when I bought my 3DS, the cashier told me like 5 times that they accept return on electronics and at the end wrote it on the receipt. Told me that any problem goes directly to Nintendo.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've noticed quite a few manuals for products actually tell you to refer to the manufacturer as well, and not return the product to the store.
    kmiecp likes this.

nannytoharris
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I read this post before ,thank you for posting. I tried to get a computer when they advertised them & am happy I could not get after reading this. However being frustrated at the time called Shoppers head office wanting to know why then keep advertising things that are almost never in our store in Sydney River. Gimics to get us into store to buy other items. Told them we had the best staff in our store always friendly,always willing to help,this was not the staff's problem but head office ads. The man I spoke with was very rude & hung the phone up in my ear. Just saying how fortunate we are to have friendly staff in Sydney.. Reading these posts made me realize how fortunate I was not to have bought electronics from this store.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information