• 1 Post By anastasia1009
  • 1 Post By kk008
  • 1 Post By secheltsaver
  • 1 Post By cath007

Thread: a great laptop deal at...GUESS WHAT....SDM

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought a new laptop at SDM for my boyfriend. We were at first a bit skeptical about what we got. But for we paid for..less than $350 (tax included) and get 60,000 points on the purchase (which worth at least $100). what more can you ask for. People paid over $100 for a new battery and we got a whole new laptop for $250!!!

OK, I have to say, my son has a better computer but he is a gamer vs my boyfriend only do browsing the web and microsoft office. I bet you even my old platimum will work for him.

We bought it home, good looking computer, windows8, 4gb RAM, 320 gb Harddrive, Intel. can't remember how fast is the processor. we plug it in, turn it on, WOW, not bad at all. It's a bit slower than my son's i5 in terms of booting, but other difference is not very noticiable.

Love this purchase and I'm so proud of myself.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Microsoft, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Redneck Charger and ssbean like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im confused... did you pay $350 or $250?

And what make/model of laptop is this, so we might partake in this deal?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, I'd love some more details/specs of the laptop you purchases.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw a Gateway laptop on the SDM site but it didn't list any specs. Is that the one you got? Can you list what cpu, memory, screen size, etc?

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Never, ever, ever buy a gateway. You have been warned.
    anastasia1009 and TeppiVivi like this.
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, the computer is $300+tax. but I got it on 20x day which got me 60,000points (worth over $100). I understand this is not the best laptop. but for that price, I am sure it's hard to bit. For someone who only do browsing and open a few spreadsheet. that is more than enough.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

as I mention it's 4 gb RAM, 320 gb Harddrive, 15" monitor, web cam, not sure on the processor. but it comes with window 8. will check with my boyfriend on the speed of the cpu

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Blackstaffer what is wrong with Gateway? One of my daughters has a Gateway the other has HP have had a lot more problems with the HP than the Gateway. Also the Gateway doesnt heat up as much as the HP. We purchased it at Future Shop the sales rep said it was better than HP.
    Last edited by Poppy111; Thu, Jan 10th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No matter what brand you mention, there is someone out there who has had a bad experience with that brand and will tell everyone not to buy it. In my experience all the mainstream brands are pretty much the same. Personally I picked up the Dell Vostro when it was $300, fastest laptop I could find for the price, had a core i3 cpu and 4 gb ram. There were people saying Dell sucks don't buy it, but if you listen to people like that you'll never buy anything.
    Poppy111 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    Never, ever, ever buy a gateway. You have been warned.
    I will agree with you - hubby had one and never buy trouble and horrible tech support. One laptop went in service 3 times no sound and no one ever replaced the sound card. We replaced sound card and it work. And be careful the screen is uber sensitive - ours cracked a few times and we have to replace it.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Was it the HP model they have advertised starting tomorrow for $299.99?
    I'm contemplating buying it as our HP dinosaur just crashed so am thinking of using my points redemption to pay for part of it.
    Am no computer expert and I just use it to check email and surf and my SC'ring :0)....guessing this would suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by cincin88 View Post
    I just bought a new laptop at SDM for my boyfriend. We were at first a bit skeptical about what we got. But for we paid for..less than $350 (tax included) and get 60,000 points on the purchase (which worth at least $100). what more can you ask for. People paid over $100 for a new battery and we got a whole new laptop for $250!!!

OK, I have to say, my son has a better computer but he is a gamer vs my boyfriend only do browsing the web and microsoft office. I bet you even my old platimum will work for him.

We bought it home, good looking computer, windows8, 4gb RAM, 320 gb Harddrive, Intel. can't remember how fast is the processor. we plug it in, turn it on, WOW, not bad at all. It's a bit slower than my son's i5 in terms of booting, but other difference is not very noticiable.

Love this purchase and I'm so proud of myself.
    ROMEO likes this.

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Really crappy quality. Every gateway I've ever come across has had numerous problem.
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I got the HP for $299. at the last 20X event,cashed in 95,000 points and paid $167.73 after tax and enviro fee also earned 25800 points .Regular price on tag was $399.00('bout $450 something after tax),so I'm pretty pleased.Windows 8 takes some getting used to(hate it)but it's much faster than my old netbook and quite a deal IMHO.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had a Getaway and I never had problems I would have with others computer.
    ROMEO likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had a Getaway and I never had problems I would have with others computer.
    you got lucky

Thread Information