User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Interesting email I got about Canadian products/produce

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hoaxslayer on it

Back to fish again! Attempts to find the claimed article from the Montreal Gazette have turned up only one article that mentions fish being fed on feces from pigs. And that article was actually about bacterial contamination is all sorts of meats and produce world-wide and just mentioned the China connection in passing. There are certainly issues regarding Chinese fisheries and the pollution in their rivers. I will also repeat here that I am somewhat biased on this issue as catfish farming is a rather significant industry where I live, and some of those farms also raise Tilapia. The state I live in actually passed legislation requiring restaurants to post prominent notices regarding the source of the fish they serve, and pressed for national legislation for the US that was passed in 2002 regarding 'catfish' labeling. As can be seen in this article - it's all sorts of fish that are misidentified, whether intentionally or negligently. And since tilapia gets the top billing in several versions of the forward… Whether for nutritional reasons or risk of contamination, locally sourced is probably your best option.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Real Canadian Superstore doesn't sell ANY shrimp from North America. Its ALL from over seas. Even the organic and store brand :-( I have also been keeping my eyes on the country of origin. Are we paying those poor people pennies over there maybe even children just to get good prices? Yikes!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Will be looking at my lables more closely from now on

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I do know that Ontario has a strict law that grocery stores MUST have the correct Place of Origin on the signs for produce, if not they could be sued! I will definitely be interested in this the next time I go to the grocery store.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information