User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm moving to Calgary in September for work. I have a professional job right downtown. I'm wondering if anyone has ANY moving advice for me. I'm undecided if I want to live within walking distance to work (downtown) or, I'm thinking I would rather, be around 10-20min CTrain commute away. My job is located right near a CTrain station (near the corner of 4st sw & 11ave sw). I would need an apartment that is secure, non-smoking, and accepts clean indoor cats. If anyone has helpful info on good neighborhoods, any train stations that usually have daily free parking, etc. that would be super helpful!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess it depends on whether you are a downtown type of person or not? If you can find a reasonably priced place and can walk to work it will certainly save you time and money each day if you like the downtown vibe. You might also want to consider looking along the West LRT line which just opened-even from the end of the line(Westside Rec Centre) it is a pretty quick ride downtown. There are so many nice neighbourhoods in Calgary. Many of the suburban LRT stations have some free parking that often fills quite early on weekdays-they also have reserved parking for a monthly fee too. By the time you pay for C-train and possibly reserved parking and then maybe have to stand on the train in rush hour, a place within walking distance might be worth considering. I would look at the bus and C train schedules on Calgary transit and research rentals on line as a starting place to figuring out where you prefer to live while factoring in cost, convenience etc. Good luck.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Feb 27th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information