User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: which city is you favorite one you've been?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is there one city you will never forget ? and the reason is ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    operabob, Andit and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

which city do you live in?

New Orleans. Can't explain it, you just gotta go. It matches my personality perfectly!

Name:  new-orleans.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  45.8 KB

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol Vesper. I saw the thread total and was immediately thinking New Orleans. I went about 14 yrs ago ( before hurricane Katrina). And just fell in love with the city.
    operabob, Andit, xox2010 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is glorious isn't it?

p.s. Probably sounds insensitive... but Katrina IMPROVED the city. The ugly wards are all nice now and the folks are happy with it.
    operabob, Andit and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It is glorious isn't it?

p.s. Probably sounds insensitive... but Katrina IMPROVED the city. The ugly wards are all nice now and the folks are happy with it.
    Good to know as I want to go back, Cafe du Monde...heaven
    operabob, Andit, coyote00 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

honestly, for me nothing compares to Vancouver.

for me, it's magical

having been away for 11 years makes me see it a little differently every time i go back. to me it's even more stunning now than it was so many yrs ago.

i've been fortunate to travel to many places throughout north america, europe and asia. nothing compares!
    operabob, Andit, lecale and 3 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

For history..Cairo or Rome, Athens in 3rd.

Otherwise..Stonetown, Zanzibar; Windhoek, Naimiba; Aswan; Bruges for chocolate and beer;London, though I know it too well having lived there for a few years.
    operabob, Andit, Jina and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Montreal for me. It's the first big city I remember from when I was little. Love the place.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Vesper, I was in New Orleans last year, and I found it to be quite smelly, honestly. The French quarter smells like sewage. Apparently that's all year round, and when you mix it with the smell of stale beer...omg....not fore.

i love San Antonio and the river walk. It is truly amazing and quite relaxing. I wish I could post some pictures of it we took, but my laptop is in yet again for repairs, so I'm using my iPad, no pictures on it.
    operabob, Andit, DaveP and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I haven't been to any world cities, but of those in Canada I've been to, I honestly must say Saskatoon is my fave city. It has everything - beauty, great economy, awesome schools, tech, university; wide variety of cultures, festivals, entertainment, etc.

I hadn't seen this vid before, it's awesome; love the song, too!

operabob, Andit, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thanks, Nat, now I have another city on my list of places to visit (yes, Nawleans is on it too).

I LOVE Toronto (yes, yes, I know, I'm biased). What I love is that you can find food from pretty much every region of the world (well, perhaps Antarctica isn't well represented, but can't think of any other that isn't). The other thing that is unique, at least among cities of this size, is the amount of greenspace. There are trees, flowers, grass, *everywhere*, not just in a few parks. Even in the downtown core, you can find a mini park. And I can't tell you how many times I've helped a lost tourist who's told me that Toronto is a lot friendlier than they expected it to be.

Budapest is a close second. I think it has the prettiest parliament of any city (located right on the Danube). There are lots of art galleries, museums, restaurants (parizsi szelet, aka schnitzel, to die for). 1000 yrs of history (technically 1800 if you consider the amphitheatre safely encased in plexiglass beside the highway leading out of the city).

Cairo was my dream vacation and it didn't disappoint. From my hotel room, the last thing I saw as I fell asleep and the first thing I saw on waking up were the pyramids. And going to see the sphynx at night was mind-blowing...and a bit spooky, with dozens of pairs of glowing eyes in the distance, as the wild dogs came out of the shadows, scrounging for scraps. And touching the base of a 7000 yr old pyramid (at Saqqara) was humbling, to say the least.

Each city has its own charm, and I've liked/loved quite a few. The only city I really didn't like was New York (no doubt things have changed, this was back in the 80s).
    operabob, anisa, Natalka and 4 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

oh and for US cities i must add Austin Texas, so not what I expected for Texas and the food is amazing, the buildings are stunning and the weather was great. I loved London too in fact I loved all of the UK, such history. Of course I am married to a Brit so may be biased. Like Andit said i have loved every place I have every been lucky enough to see, I even loved New York, of course my last visit was in 2003. the only exception was maybe Tunis but then when you go to a county mid revolt you are not seeing the real deal. It was still pretty cool
    operabob, lecale, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

1. Vienna Austria - the history and architecture is breathtaking, friendly people, dessert was amazing (best chocolate layer cake I have ever had!)
    2. Belgrade Serbia - slightly biased bc I am Serbian lol but a beautiful city full of culture, music, food, history and castles!
    operabob, anisa, Natalka and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Vesper, I was in New Orleans last year, and I found it to be quite smelly, honestly. The French quarter smells like sewage. Apparently that's all year round, and when you mix it with the smell of stale beer...omg....not fore..
    No Breeze!

San Antonio is nice. Or as I call it, 'Lower Saskatoon'.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I Love all the place in Florida and more Key west. For sure Toronto and Montrealal, i go there very often and there is always something to see and if it count, really really love Niagarafalls, my son was conceived there 30 years ago, so yea good souvenir on that trip. I have been there also a few time and i am planning on going again.
    Also Vegas, Love it, Love it and going there next year...
    operabob, anisa, McSkier and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information