User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By saddlebag
  • 1 Post By VeeVee

Thread: Help me.....Looking for advice on nice Cuban resort

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Well March Break is fast approaching and each year we go south for vacation. I'm looking for personal review on Cuban resorts in Varadero, and Holguin areas, four people, hubby, myself, a child and a teen.

Ive read lots on trip advisor and other sites, but I value the thoughts, advice of my fellow couponers.....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ....just be happy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hello last year a myself and a group of friends went to Varadero Cuba. The main group of us stayed at the Breezes Varadero, which we all enjoyed but would not be applicable to you as it was adults only. Another couple who booked later, stayed at the Breezes Bella Costa. They had mixed feelings about the resort. The food was slightly better that most of the resorts in Cuba, and it had beautiful beaches and pools but the rooms were quite musty and small. The rooms also did not have great views, even the ones that described themselves as having an ocean view overlooked the dumpsters first. That is all I can contribute to hotels in Cuba

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Last edited by Tbites; Thu, Jan 10th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We have stayed twice in Hoguin, more laid back than Varadero. We stayed at the Playa Turqueasa ??? both times. In varadero we stayed at the new Ocean Varadero El Patriarca it's new, and immaculate, you'll love it if you go there, and we also stayed at the Breezes, but I didn't care for it, I found it somewhat run down and the staff not as friendly.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Holly I'm think of oceans varadero el patriarca....if we choose varadero...if we go back to holguin it will be playa costa verde
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Holguin has the most beautiful beaches. Did you go on a tour of Raul's island when you were there. The place with the tigers, camels, zebras and such. OMG....the water there is so clear, and they had all these little angel fish swimming amongst us, cheeky buggers would swim right between your legs and rub up against them, lol This lady was terrified of fish, and these guys are so small, but they must have know, cause they kept brushing against her. I love Holguin, if we want to just relax cause there's not a lot to do there. We went on a tour by taxi into town, and a few excursions, but other than that not much. Varadero has more to do, more markets and you can take a trip into Havana, which is also a great place to stay.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I'm all about relaxing.....love the crystal clear water.....last year we went to Puerto Plata in the DR....beautiful resort....but the beach sucked....too much under current , too much seaweed in the water....the only reason I'm considering Varadero is for the new resort.....we did a tour of holguin city, and went to guardalavarca....but I'm content staying on the beach....
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Were booking the oceans varadero el patriarca for April It looks spectacular! Were going for the Junior Privilege Suite bc its my birthday gift lol
    saddlebag likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I've decided to go back to playa costa verde in holguin......the new resort in Varadero just is too new.....and not enough lush tropical feel.....but we plan oh going there in the future....I'm going to check out the Raul's isle excursion...thnx for the help everyone
    ....just be happy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stayed at Brisas Santa Lucia twice and last year we were at Memories Azul in Cayo Santa Maria! Loved both but preferred Memories.

Thread Information