User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Guessing game over winners announced - thanks for playing - see you next month

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

This months' game is a bit different than normal. I went shopping today and bought the items in the picture. Those items should have cost a normal person $90.93. There's that word again - normal. I am not. Normal that is.
    Today is 10% tuesday at several stores - my favourite is Sobeys...<3 with their points I can save even more but more on that another time.
    I shopped at 2 different stores today as my store didn't have everything I needed.
    Right off the bat I got a 10% savings of $7.06, bought 3 kelloggs cereals that were on sale $3.99 that I had $2 off coupons for AND also got a 4L jug of milk free as advertised, used a total of $17.78 in coupons,will fill in the pepsi mir for my mug rootbeer and all the chips and get $20 back *see the pepsi dot ca site to print out your mir, and found a jar of pasta sauce with a mir necktag that will get me $3.83 back as well.
    Gains: My little guy got a free cookie while we shopped, I got sobeys base points 70 to add to my collection, found some great new coupons for my collection and was still able to go to several other errands and the zoo for a while for my little guy.
    $90.93 - $7.06 - $17.78 - $20 - $3.83 = $42.26 It really wasn't difficult to reduce my out of pocket by almost $50. It's not a life saving amount but it adds up and makes a huge difference in our budget.
    In sharing this with all of you it is my hope that even if just one person is positively affected by this information then I've met my goal.
    Now for the contest - usually it's a guess my oop and win $50 in coupons but this month I wanted to share the how's of it so the game is:
    Share a money saving tip or a new years resolution/goal AND pick a number between 0 and 365 one guess per member please. I have asked an SC member to be the "keeper" of the secret number to confirm. I will post the winners' name on Friday morning - happy sharing/guessing.
    *Occasionally but not always I add a second prize for whatever inspires me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Sobeys, Winners, Kellogg's
    Last edited by wendyjane; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Natalka, coley3, macw1960 and 7 others like this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

$9.87, I should have read the post more clearly (lol)
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jan 8th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

so funny - your guess needs to be a whole number no dollar signs :D and please share a tip or goal/resolution too - I know I was verbose in the first part of the thread I've thrown you all off my normal game

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    $9.87
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

okey dokey.....lucky number 13

Tip would be: Don't buy something unless you need or have a use for it, otherwise it's $ wasted in the end regardless of the price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    so funny - your guess needs to be a whole number no dollar signs :D and please share a tip or goal/resolution too - I know I was verbose in the first part of the thread I've thrown you all off my normal game
    wendyjane and rigatti like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Lucky Number = 22

Goal: Earn lots of Points in every store so i could have everything FREE for Christmas! Be smart on earning points! (spend less amount of money BUT earn lots of points)

Thanks
    wendyjane, rigatti and Shelley17 like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

my guess is 217

and my goal is to save enough in amazon.ca, and shoppers points this year to cover most of Christmas!
    wendyjane, rigatti and Shelley17 like this.
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My guess is 276

My goal is save more by not buying stuff that expires before I use it!
    wendyjane likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

wendyjane!

woah! I'm speachless, that is a planned extravaganza savings for the record books. I bow to you. I am still learning too so I'll have to print and study this..I am no way kidding. By the way that "one" you were talking/writing about...needless to say -(Goal met)!!!

Well my number is 22
    One of my goals has been met by being a visible member on SC...I have always been a SMARCANUCKER but now I'm out of the closet. (Read my newbie post I posted today.)Sorry don't know how to link yet..
    Thanks for this opportunity wendyjane. And again WOW and WOh!!!!
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Jan 8th, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My guess/number is 216.

My money saving tip would be to shop the clearance racks at your local grocery store. I have found a lot of really great deals simply because the packaging was changing
    wendyjane and rigatti like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

My New Years Resolution is to collect several of the same coupons (by doing recycle walks and maybe trading?) so I can build up my stock piles, with things that I will use. Also, learning to check the expiry dates more diligently so that items do not expire.

My number is 278.

wendyjane likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Love your monthly posts!

My number is 111.

My goal to take advantage of as many of my loyalty programs to get as much stuff for free or almost free to keep my budget in line. Cleaning out loyalty programs I don't use so I don't loose the points too.
    2shopmom and wendyjane like this.
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

My number: 5

Resolution: To re-organize my stockpile in new ways(think Pinterest)!
    wendyjane likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Ok my guess is 311.

My New Years Resolution: Portion Control!! We had these gianormess plates and I just keep filling them up and wondering why nobody could finish there food. Gave the plates away and now we have smaller portion plates. And we haven't felt hungry at all
    wendyjane likes this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

My guess is 303. My money saving tip is... sell items in your home that are no longer needed or NEVER USED. My DH bought a shampoo dispenser for the shower 8-12 months ago. It has been sitting around unopened. Since we did not need it anymore I returned it to Staples yesterday (without a receipt).I'm not sure that we needed it in the first place.Anyway,I walked out with a 22.00 giftcard. If I had waited to sell it next summer at a garage sale I might have gotten 3.00-5.00 for it. Be smart....use your head!
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Orillia Coupon Newbie
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

My number: 136

My tip is to be careful when stockpiling items. Some things you wouldn't have thought of (like bottled shelf juice) have expiry dates that are easy to overlook. Also if there is a new product out you might like to try wait til you find a coupon then try it at a reduced price. Many companies put coupons out for new products to help the product become popular. Then if you don't like it at least you didn't pay full price for it!
    wendyjane and jasperandchar like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information