User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: RRLF: $2.50 Fancy Feast Kitten, FPC Wet Kitten, Maxx Scoop Litter - Picture and Story

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, Jan 18th, 2013
    So on Saturday we got a call from a landlord seeking our assistance with kittens trapped in a furnace. A little odd but being the animal lovers we are he immediately went to go look.

Turns out that the tenants moved and left their kittens behind. The house smelt of dog but there was no dog to be found. It is assumed that the dog was kept and moved with the owners. Upon further inspection it was revealed that these two kittens were purposefully LOCKED inside this furnace. There was no way for them both to get in there on their own and become trapped from what my husband could see. My husband tells me the house was absolutely freezing and a downright disgusting mess the way the tenants were living/left it.

The kittens were rescued and brought home for me to take care of. When they arrived our home smelt like a barn. No kidding, it was really bad. Retchingly bad. The kittens were so caked in feces and urine that they were half wet in it still and the other half was hard dried custies. They were very happy and talkative when they first arrived. We immediately gave them some wet food and they were fighting each other over it despite that there were two dishes. Their kibble dish needed to be taken away as they were inhaling it so quickly they could of choked. After they ate we let them relax for several hours and I went to do some errands.

While I was doing errands all I could smell was that barn smell despite having changed clothes completely and washed up before leaving. When I arrived home it was decided that they needed baths at that moment. They weren't very pleased with the baths but just spraying them with warm water from the showerhead made such an astounding difference. I've never bathed such filthy animals in my whole life. After bath time they were given some more wet food.

Currently they are doing a lot better just from Saturday to now. They are being fed multiple times a day so as to try and get them to start gaining some weight. They are both just little bags of bones. They even walk a little odd because there is nothing but bones rubbing on bones. They are beginning to gain our trust and see that not all humans are bad. They've picked up litter box habits fairly quickly as they were going beside the box when they first got here. Unfortunately they are still learning to eat kibble so it won't be anytime soon before they are on that full time.

The landlord told us that the hydro was shut off in early to mid December so we can only assume that that is possibly how long these poor kittens were in there for, laying on cold metal.

So for this reason I am really really looking for specific kitten coupons or anything else listed below:

$2.50 Fancy Feast Kitten Pack
    FPC ANY wet food, kitten or adult, it doesn't matter
    $0.50+ Fancy Feast Wet
    $1 WUB2 Whiskas Wet
    ANY amount of Maxx Scoop Kitty Litter
    Mars Pet Products Vouchers
    Purina Pet Products Voucher
    Gift Cards - WM mostly, but will also consider lots of others.

While I do appreciate the offer of other kitten/cat coupons I am only looking for these specific coupons.

Please check my TL to see if there is anything you would like in exchange:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/331507-...t-pacs-canada/

First day, after bath:
    Name:  028.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  44.7 KB

Cuddling with our previous rescue (similar story, left for dead on a farm because he had a slight cold):
    Name:  040.JPG
Views: 459
Size:  56.3 KB

And a funny one:
    Name:  012.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  46.5 KB
    (Training begins right away for the kittens as they don't currently know how to play so they need to learn by seeing other kitties in action)

EDIT: Forgot to add that the kittens have now been named. The one with more brown on her face is Molly and the one with more white on her face is Stella. Molly is very obsessed with Doodles (the grey cat) and really likes him as our other two cats aren't very niced and hissed in both Molly and Stella's faces when they manage to escape the office yesterday.

EDIT2: I can't use Proplan FPC's. I actually already had them and attempted to go get them tonight but neither of my Pet Valu's sell them
    This thread is currently associated with: Purina, Pet Valu
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Ceren, macw1960, walkonby and 6 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Just for arguments sake, this is what Doodles looked like when we got him (June 2011)
    Name:  028.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  44.1 KB
    His belly only looks so big because he was so bloated with parasites. His fur was very sparse because of being infested with fleas for so long.

Name:  090.JPG
Views: 351
Size:  33.5 KB
    See his visible hips.

So as you can see between the picture of him with the kittens and him playing he has made a full recovery. We hope to have the same success with these kittens.
    Natalka, nani, kellyr and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Oh... My... God...

You are so kind to take them in. I got my cat from under someone's garage, so I know how hard it is to say no (darned near impossible).

Best wishes...

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

WOW. This story breaks my heart! Who could do that to any animal is beyond me. Sad to think when exactly those tenants moved out....
    They should be reported and never allowed any animals ever again!!
    You are so kind and thoughtful and their hero! Are you keeping both? They all look so cute together like it was meant to be.
    Stretchthatdollar! likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    Oh... My... God...

You are so kind to take them in. I got my cat from under someone's garage, so I know how hard it is to say no (darned near impossible).

Best wishes...
    Thanks

I think the hardest part is that someone did this on purpose. I try to imagine how hard it must of been sitting in that tiny cold space together slowly starving to death wondering if those you love will come back for you and it makes me cry. They are just innocent helpless babies!

Its definitely hard to say no. I only wanted to stick with our original two but then Doodles came and we had no choice, he had to come stay with us, and then now Molly and Stella have to stay with us too. We don't choose to get pets, they choose to be rescued/saved by us

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    WOW. This story breaks my heart! Who could do that to any animal is beyond me. Sad to think when exactly those tenants moved out....
    They should be reported and never allowed any animals ever again!!
    You are so kind and thoughtful and their hero! Are you keeping both? They all look so cute together like it was meant to be.
    The landlords are going to try and find them to sue them but I'm not so sure they will go threw with it. I think they are just happy to cut their loses at this point.

I also agree that those people should not be allowed to own animals. Treating a dog differently then cats is not right, they need and rely on us all the same. But we all know what the animal laws are like around here.
    Stretchthatdollar! likes this.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I don't have a kitty, only dogs, but I'd love to help. Can you tell me, is there tearpads out for these right now? or where to find them?

$2.50 Fancy Feast Kitten Pack
    $0.50+ Fancy Feast Wet
    $1 WUB2 Whiskas Wet

Obviously I'll keep my eyes open for any of the others, I just think they will be harder to come by.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

What little darlings! I'm glad you are taking care of them, it's truly awful what the previous owners did to them. I have a soft spot for rescued kitties, both of ours are adopted from a local no kill shelter for cats that have been abandoned.

Keep us posted on their health!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Support your Starbucks habit like me.Free Starbucks Gift Cards!

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

OMG PurpleBunny, that is no nice of you! People like those who did this to Molly and Stella make me lose some of my faith in human kind, and then kind people like you build it back up! I'll PM you about coupons. All the best to you and your furry family.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Check out my trade and wish lists!
    Want to earn gift cards for searching the Web? Join me on Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MDellen View Post
    What little darlings! I'm glad you are taking care of them, it's truly awful what the previous owners did to them. I have a soft spot for rescued kitties, both of ours are adopted from a local no kill shelter for cats that have been abandoned.

Keep us posted on their health!
    For sure I will!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudriveraine View Post
    OMG PurpleBunny, that is no nice of you! People like those who did this to Molly and Stella make me lose some of my faith in human kind, and then kind people like you build it back up! I'll PM you about coupons. All the best to you and your furry family.
    Its funny you say that because thats exactly what I was thinking. People wonder why I don't like humans very much when its really no wonder at all seeing as this isn't the first time something horrible has been done to innocent animals who rely on us to take care of them. Looking forward to your PM, would love to trade

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is horrible!!! Who could do this to a living being? Can the landlord give the police the details for the previous tenant? If I get Kitty coupons, you can have them!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

They are both so lucky to have someone like you to help them.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    This is horrible!!! Who could do this to a living being? Can the landlord give the police the details for the previous tenant? If I get Kitty coupons, you can have them!
    No idea. I think the police would probably advise that they need to take them to small claims. Although it seems like the tenants left without giving notice. I think the only reason the landlord found out was because he didn't get Januarys rent.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Thank you both to briwantstosave and bibiee for trading with me. I am glad I had stuff from my TL I could offer you for your kitty coupons

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    No idea. I think the police would probably advise that they need to take them to small claims. Although it seems like the tenants left without giving notice. I think the only reason the landlord found out was because he didn't get Januarys rent.
    I mean could the police go after them for animal abuse? Guess there really is no proof of them leaving the kitties there
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information