User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just finished the movie gone with the wind the second time, I love the movie, how do you think? The actor, the actress, the history, the dialogue? and which sentence is your favorite one?
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I'm one of the few people I know who's read the book and seen the movie (many times, both on TV and in the theathre.) It hasn't become a classic for nothing! Scarlett is shown as a survivor even though she grew up pampered and spoiled.

Having seen the movie first, then reading the book, I can say I preferred the movie, although it was interesting to have more details on Scarlett's life when the movie just glossed over it with a scene or two. (Her mariage to Frank Kennedy for one.)

What's also interesting is all the hoopla that went on when the movie was in production. Many actresses wanted the role and it was a fierce competition as documented in the movie The Scarlett O'Hara War. Vivian Leigh was hired after the filming had started, a complete unknown and British.

Even today, it's a mystery why the phrase "I don't give a damn" went past the censors.

Thread Information