User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PC Financial MasterCard promo = $30 in free food!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Use a friend’s Referral Code to apply for a PC Financial MasterCard and upon approval you’ll get a bonus 10,000 PC points along with Welcome Coupons worth 20,000 PC points. 30,000 PC points = $30 in free food!

For more info: http://www.pcfinancial.ca/friend/

If you're interested in applying for the card, my Referral Code is in my sig and I would appreciate being your Referral. Please do let me know if you use it so I can thank you!

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Silk; Fri, Jan 18th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks! Are there any cons to having a MasterCard from there?

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

^ You're welcome I'm not sure what you mean by 'cons' but I think it all depends on what kind of rewards you like getting. I've only done 2 PC redemptions so far and at SDM I've redeemed many times but I personally get more of a thrill from getting free food from my PC store. There are a lot of foods I just can't get at my local SDM (e.g. fresh fruits and veggies) even though it has a big food section so sometimes I end up redeeming for other things (makeup and skincare) that I don't always need.

Silk
    Candini likes this.
    Have a great life!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

it's the only credit card I use, and so far (over the last 8 years) i have probably redeamed $1000's of free groceries.
    I have nothing negative to say about their program
    I also have a referral code, PM me if you're interested
    frugallady19 and babyluck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

lol, I think we all got this email about referral code from pc master card. I like it's reward points too, I only had it for 1 yr, redeemed $130 so far. it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyyu View Post
    it's the only credit card I use, and so far (over the last 8 years) i have probably redeamed $1000's of free groceries.
    I have nothing negative to say about their program
    I also have a referral code, PM me if you're interested

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I also have a a referral code.. PM me if you are interested!
    I have redeemed $100's of dollars for groceries.. you can redeem for any gift card that PC stores sell also with your points
    Because we hardly ever spend $20 straight in one shot when we groceries... !
    I love this credit card...

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hok2 View Post
    Thanks! Are there any cons to having a MasterCard from there?
    I think the only cons would be if that card doesn't suit your lifestyle or needs. For example, there are at least two other cards that offer the same or better benefits than PC points for our situation. Another example might be if you mainly shop at grocery stores that only accept cash or debit (and your major expenses are elsewhere).

If you're signing up just for the $30, there are other no-fee CCs that offer $60 or more in cash bonuses (not in-store coupons or credit) for signing up.

It all depends on what you need, so don't be enticed by those people stalking shoppers at PC stores asking if you've received your $1.97 bag of cookies for free.

I do have the PC Mastercard, but exercise it maybe once or twice per year.

Edit: I could add there are other cards that offer more than PCs return at their own stores, including Joe Fresh purchases as long as you don't purchase it at the stand-alone JF stores. This is also true for WM.

If you can upgrade to the black PC MC, it offers 2% in points at PC grocery stores, but again, I think there's a few better cards out there.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Jan 17th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would recommend the PC MasterCard because I do a lot of my shopping at stores under the Loblaws umbrella, including No Frills, Fortinos, and RCSS. I really like Joe Fresh clothes, so I appreciate being able to earn points when I purchase clothes, that I can later redeem for groceries.

Presidents Choice always comes out with new products that are unique - but to be frank, identical products can be as much as 3x the price at Fortinos as they are at No Frills. So I love that I can get the same product, for cheaper at No Frills. Of course, the more expensive stores often have awesome sales, so it works out.

And seeing as how I didn't have a Mastercard before getting a PC MC, I often had to pay cash at No Frills, since they don't accept Visa. The PC MC solves this problem for me (I always pay off my credit card balance, and I like getting points for it rather than paying cash and earning nothing).

Overall, it really does come down to how much use you think you'll get out of the card, if you shop primarily at stores that give out PC points, and of course, how many credit cards you already have. We all know it's easy to get carried away with credit, since it doesn't feel like you're parting with your hard-earned cash (until you get the statement in the mail, of course).
    Candini likes this.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I really like my pc master card. ive had it for 5+years now. I also have a referral code if someone is planning on getting one and would be so kind as to use it please just pm me!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also have a referral code! Pretty please PM me so we can both get free groceries!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

For those who don't know... if you purchase at a PC store with the PC MC, you can also earn points if you bring your own recyclable bags! 10 pts/bag at my store, but ymmv

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I also have their card! No cons..no free I buy everything on it and pay it off, redeemed $90 at Christmas - also would take a referral!
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I have the PC master card.

Only thing I don`t like about it is I have had it for 3 years and I`ve asked for a credit increase and they only increased by $500.

And that's paying it off every month.

Low limit so means I only use it for smaller purchases, which I dont even like doing since you earn interest on small items.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I have the PC master card.

Only thing I don`t like about it is I have had it for 3 years and I`ve asked for a credit increase and they only increased by $500.

And that's paying it off every month.

Low limit so means I only use it for smaller purchases, which I dont even like doing since you earn interest on small items.
    Wow!! I have a LC and bank account with PC- and they gave me an INSANELY large credit limit on the CC. I barely use the thing.

For those of you who are asking- I agree with everyone else it is about your situation. I have an air miles credit card that because of were we live, and how we live- it works for us. I got more from the air miles cc than I did when I was using the PC card exclusively.
    FYI- You do want to pay it off because the interest rate is rather high. There are cheaper cards. And if for any reason you miss two payments- they bump up your interest rate.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also have a pcmastercard and use it regularly but always, always, always pay off the full amount each month. Getting free groceries is an added bonus!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information