Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Addicted2Coupons
  • 1 Post By born2shop2

Thread: Fresh produce at an amazing price

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,
    Are most people aware of Dave's Fruit and Veg on Main Street in Dartmouth? It is an amazing little store that has the freshest produce and FABULOUS prices. Example, mushrooms are always $1.47 for the small pack....which is usually $2.99 at the grocery store, $2 if on sale. They also have small chips often 3/$1 and earlier this week they had 1L dark chocolate milk 2/$1. I highly recommend this company, and the Ben's bakery outlet next door is awesome too! Anyone know of other small businesses like this in the HRM area?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been shopping at Dave's for several years, and the prices for fruit and produce are ALWAYS cheaper than the chain stores. Freshness is superb also, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it.

Also, the Ben's Outlet store is right next door to Dave's.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

I always buy my kids lunchmates there .99 and lunch meats are dirt cheap I will never buy those anywhere else...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Yes, best spot in HRM, as you said ,Is there any other hidden gems in HRM like this???

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a car only once in a while. But, when I do I go over and load up with stuff for the freezer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Coupons View Post
    Hi all,
    Are most people aware of Dave's Fruit and Veg on Main Street in Dartmouth? It is an amazing little store that has the freshest produce and FABULOUS prices. Example, mushrooms are always $1.47 for the small pack....which is usually $2.99 at the grocery store, $2 if on sale. They also have small chips often 3/$1 and earlier this week they had 1L dark chocolate milk 2/$1. I highly recommend this company, and the Ben's bakery outlet next door is awesome too! Anyone know of other small businesses like this in the HRM area?
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Keep going up main street to Gateway Meat Market, if you think Dave's is great, you're in for a treat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never found the prices at Gateway to be anything special. Maybe I am not going on the right days???

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Yes, I have found the same at gateway. Other than the odd good deal, the prices are just average. Am I missing something???
    mulock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I have only been to Gateway once, to pick up 17 cent carrots and onions, but when I was there I did find some other great prices! We got shaved turkey meat for $1 (they are at least $5 at sobeys etc), and a huge pkg of sausages ( I think there was 20 or so in the pkg) for around $5! The meat was definately cheeper then the big grocery stores, and looked like good quality too. I just hope they keep up great sales on potatoes , carrots, onions etc. I live 2 hours away, but my DS lives close so she is able to stock me up on these things when they go on sale. We are still using our carrts and onions from last Novembers sale. I'm loving this store!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

There are always good deals on deli items and produce. All Gateways' meat is from the maritimes, so not only fresher but also cheaper than grocery stores
    And we have raw dog food too !

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If you're ever in the valley, it's worth taking a peak into Avery's farm markets. They sometimes have great deals on meat (mainly chicken, and it's local), and of course, always some good deal(s) on a variety of produce.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gateway has rejected McDonald's chicken nuggets.....the ones that weren't good enough for some reason or another for the restaurant. They are called 'white meat chicken fritters'.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Coupons View Post
    Gateway has rejected McDonald's chicken nuggets.....the ones that weren't good enough for some reason or another for the restaurant. They are called 'white meat chicken fritters'.
    Ohh... that sounds baaad...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

They were rejected because they're too big
    We also have shoestring fries that were made for burger king before they changed their fries...the "big crunch " from KFC and subway precooked bacon

Thread Information