User Tag List

Page 283 of 449 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's great that you let us all know where you have been finding great coupons, but I am finding that some of the stores you post are ones that I frequent often, and I am not sure if its from the postings or the new tv show, but there are never any tear pads with coupons on them anymore. While I was picking up a few items, I noticed 3 (yes 3) women just walking up and down the aisles, looking for tearpads. I watched one of them remove an entire tearpad of Advil PM and put it in her purse. I was in pharmacy and had taken one of these coupons, and the pad was full. Please all of you out there, learn some coupon manners and leave some for other people. One or two is sufficient for anyone!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

What are you looking for holly? I haven't been much on the coupon hunt but I was able to grab a few and at worst I'll have to head to safeway today and I can try to search for it and mail it off to you.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

safeway at so good coupons , and RCSS has a coupon zone coupon for so good. So if you stack these together ( each .75) that would 1.50 off.

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

someone asked about stcockpiling...I think if it can't be used in 6-8 months (1 year max) then it's not worth the space it takes up in my house even at close to free. A lot of these products have Best Before Dates. The way I see it, there will be more coupons to get more of the product I need before my stock is used up. If not, c'est la vie! When I see the brag pictures of that lady's blog, I wonder when people buy that much if they actually use it. We would NEVER use that much body wash in my house in a year.

I'm a big advocate of using more 'natural' or 'green' products... many of these deals are not too 'green' (detergents, dryer sheets, aerosol shave creams, household cleaners) To me those things aren't worth it even if they are free! I hosted a Norwex party and got $300 worth of antibacterial cleaning cloths and stuff for free. I won't have to pay a cent to clean my bathroom, kitchen, floors etc for a long time. I've cut down on using household chemicals around my house by about 90%! In my opinion I can't put a price on the health of my family, when I do have to replace some of that stuff. (My little plug for going 'green' I don't sell this stuff...but i should, I love it!)

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Just wondering if anyone has used printable coupons at the 130th Walmart. Last time I tried (several months ago) they wouldn't let me as they had just changed their policy "that day". I was so frustrated I haven't tried since. I used some this morning at the deerfoot meadows walmart but the 130th one is much closer for me. Thought I would see if anyone had been successful before I try again.
    Thanks

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have had no issue at 130th... but i did go in with the coupon policy in hand

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Thanks Cheekysaver, I will give it a try tomorrow morning (hope they have ziploc)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm a big advocate of using more 'natural' or 'green' products... many of these deals are not too 'green' (detergents, dryer sheets, aerosol shave creams, household cleaners) To me those things aren't worth it even if they are free! I hosted a Norwex party and got $300 worth of antibacterial cleaning cloths and stuff for free. I won't have to pay a cent to clean my bathroom, kitchen, floors etc for a long time. I've cut down on using household chemicals around my house by about 90%! In my opinion I can't put a price on the health of my family, when I do have to replace some of that stuff. (My little plug for going 'green' I don't sell this stuff...but i should, I love it!)[/QUOTE]

I have 3 years experience cleaning profesionally in estate homes... i have used any manner of products and for the most part that norwex stuff is great. I have found 2 problems with the norwex... long term use of this product on hard wood floors does damage... i have seen it myself several times. for hard wood i use a biodegradable product called hertel multi purpose in the green bottle... it costs 3.59 at some canadian tires and is enough to do 40 buckets of water. it leaves no residue behind and the floors are shiny.. it works out to .02 cents per 1 liter bottle to spary on your hardwood floors. i found the norwex doesn't deal with the hard water in calgary well.. but it is hard to find any good cleaner that won't ecth the glass in showers (even vinegar does)... I have not purchased windex in years thanks to norwex style clothes... i get them at canadian tire Hero brand glass polishers 2 for $3... they are smaller then norwex but they work great too. the best part is... no cleaner = no residue on your mirrors to collect dust or smug when you clean...btw... i really didn't like the toilet brush they use either... it looks like a good setup but the brush is wonky and awkward to use. In many cases there are green cleaners that work better at lower costs (not a green works fan it leaves a sticky residue) ^^ these are not just my opinions... this also reflects staffs opinions as well.

I have become very fussy about cleaners and i agree that i don't want to use harsh things in any home unless necessary... i am waiting to hear back from hertel about coupons... lol i am trying!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The biggest difference between Norwex and "knock-off" microfibre cloths is that the Norwex ones have silver in them which makes them anti-bac. As much as I love my norwex and have been using it for 3 years... there are still some products I do buy that are conventional (or even green... cleaners etc) Some of it has to do with price (I can't afford to use norwex dish/laundry/dishwasher soaps) and some of it has to do with convenience (lysol wipes in my bathroom.. I run a dayhome with little boys, know what I'm saying? haha)

Norwex does make a descaler that works pretty good on hardwater stains, but I find I have to keep it up pretty frequently if I don't want staining on anything

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't use their toilet brush that was one thing I couldn't justify the $$$ and ur right it looked awkward. I like to have a brush in every bathroom. The only household chemical I still use...greenworks toilet bowl cleaner.. still has chemicals but not as bad as lysol etc. I haven't found issue with the Norwex etching glass, and to deal with the hard water, they have a really good descaler. Which i got with host $$. Other than that the micro-fibre cloths clean everything else and pick-up and kill 99.9% of the bacteria because of the silver in the cloth (their micro fibre has more fibres than what you can buy at cdn tire or wm)

I have the norwex broom mop. I do really like it for sweeping. I rarley mop, and my hardwood floors were already trashed before we bought our house so I can't say if it's good or bad for the floor, though I have LOTS of friends who have usedit on their floors for years and haven't said anything about it. Wouldn't the hertel stuff be damaging to floors too if you're using a bucket of water to mop hardwood?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

on hardwood i use a pro microfiber mop and hertel and water in a spray bottle (half a teaspoon of cleaner in the bottle).. i don't recommend a mop and bucket on any hardwood because the water goes right into the cracks. That green works toilet bowl cleaner does work good... there have been times i have gone into icky places where the toilets had not been cleaned in a long time... put the cleaner on and walked away for a half hour (not telling you the details... but it needed it) and it worked great. other green cleaners that work well in toilets contain citric acid ... they work pretty good too (but finding coupons on them is hard!). the best thing you can do for green cleaning is maintenance. if it gets backed up that is when you have the problems.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

These tips are going in my toolbox for my next cleaning

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So today I went into Deerfoot Meadows RCSS, picked up enough crispy minis/oatmeal/granola bars to get me to the $20 needed for the MIR, knowing that even though they had a limit of 4 on the crispy minis, I could price match them to WM's price of 1.26. Anyway, long story short, some of mine weren't ringing in at 1.27, they came up as 1.99(the salt and vinegar ones), and THEN I am told "we only price match the first and last page of the flyer" WhAT?! why didn't I know that?

Anywho, I asked my brother in law (he is the manager of a store) and he says if ALL the other crispy minis were on sale, it shouldnt have mattered what the flavour was and they were keyed wrong and should have come up the same as the other ones.

At any rate I dumped the order and didn't take any of them. I'm still pretty annoyed.. why bother price matching if you're only matching two pages of the freakign flyer?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Was someone from here at the Sunridge LD tonight? I ran in to pick up 2 things and the CS lady was showing me her stack of coupons she had gotten from just a few hours. She said "you must all wait till your husbands get home then rush out!" It was pretty funny....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    DH just called me and told me he heard the end of a Sobey's ad on the radio (he wasn't sure what they were advertising but he caught "we know all you extreme couponers will be out grabbing it but remember it's a limit of 6, leave some for someone else". Nice reputation all this publicity and those that clear the shelves is building for us couponers. It's pretty bad when the stores are including a warning on their radio ads.
    See and the funny thing is when I hear this I think "What deal? What am I missing?" Ha!

Everything in moderation and within reason is great- 'extreme' not so much.

Thread Information