• 1 Post By jennrav
  • 1 Post By walkinglady
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By jennrav
  • 1 Post By couponclippercaitie

Thread: Daughter and the dentist

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This is a brag about my daughter she had 8 cavities she was very brave she 2 appointments. My hubby spoils the kids rotten - but I was really happy what she picked up and that there was no toys

So we told her that daddy would take her shopping. They went a little over board TRUs, old navy, gap and Walmart. I was proud of her for no getting any junk stuff got a clock from Walmart, a Barbie bag from TRUs, and winter jacket($10) and lots of shirts from old navy and one complete out fit (she liked what the manikin was wearing).

she loves shopping with dad - he spends more then I will.
    This thread is currently associated with: Gap, Old Navy, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

That is a really sweet memory for her.

I have a great memory of being 15 and my 20 year old brother taking me to Toronto shopping. I STILL cherish that memory even though I haven't seen my brother in 4 years.
    Last edited by gourmetsue; Sun, Jan 20th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
    free*is*best and ssbean like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

What a great brag. Your daughter is very brave.
    gourmetsue likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lucky her to get so many things - but I'm wondering why so many cavities, that's so unusual these days - weren't her teeth sealed?

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

8 cavities! wow, she is brave!
    ericaraina likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lucky her to get so many things - but I'm wondering why so many cavities, that's so unusual these days - weren't her teeth sealed?
    I work at a dental office and trust me 8 cavities is not all that unusual. Most cavities start between the teeth, only thing that can prevent this is daily flossing. Sealants are great but they only stop cavities from starting in the grooves on the tops of teeth. I brushed and flossed all my kids teeth immaculately for years and they have all ended up with cavities.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kids are meant to be loved and spoiled. On the other hand they have to know boundaries and what rules they have to follow (including dentist visits). It looks like your daughter is very well raised and she deserved to get on a shopping spree with her dad. Great brag and thank you for posting.
    ticul likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    I work at a dental office and trust me 8 cavities is not all that unusual. Most cavities start between the teeth, only thing that can prevent this is daily flossing. Sealants are great but they only stop cavities from starting in the grooves on the tops of teeth. I brushed and flossed all my kids teeth immaculately for years and they have all ended up with cavities.
    Oh, I had just wondered. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and me and my sibs always had tons of cavities.
    Then my son grew up in the 90s, and hasn't ever had a cavity - I thought it was because of his having gotten his teeth sealed.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Oh, I had just wondered. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and me and my sibs always had tons of cavities.
    Then my son grew up in the 90s, and hasn't ever had a cavity - I thought it was because of his having gotten his teeth sealed.
    Sealants are a great thing and have reduced the amount of decay over the yrs by A LOT!!!! But trust me a Dentists work will never be done!!!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

DISCLAIMER: The following comment is not meant to start a debate.

I was wondering if adding flouride in the water is helping children with less cavities these days. Or is it the toothpaste and fluoride rinses. Thx.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Some people just have "soft teeth" I have had my teeth sealed (more than once), go to the dentist faithfully every 6 months for cleanings and x-rays (thank god for blue cross!) and brush/floss my teeth regularly, and at my last cleaning we discovered I had SIX cavities! It was my first appointment since having my daughter and apparently pregnancy can weaken your teeth, but some people just are born with weaker teeth than others.

Very glad to hear your daughter was mature and brave about everything, I speak from first hand experience that fillings are NOT fun!
    ticul likes this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    DISCLAIMER: The following comment is not meant to start a debate.

I was wondering if adding flouride in the water is helping children with less cavities these days. Or is it the toothpaste and fluoride rinses. Thx.
    I always assumed that people nowadays (well, except me haha) get less cavities because dentists have better xrays to catch them early, people go to the dentists a lot more frequently, toothpastes are made to better target/prevent cavities, and toothbrushes are better designed to reach in between teeth than they used to be... Just my assumptions

Thread Information