User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Buying swimwear in the winter

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Had to buy my DD a new swimsuit for her lessons. She's outgrown her size 2T (which I bought at the end of season, when there was more then enough growing room for her) and now needs a 3. The only place in my town (not incl used ones) was $19.95 at The Children's Place. $20 for this tiny suit!! That's crazy!

Kicking myself for not buying various sizes at the end of the summer! Lesson learned!
    This thread is currently associated with: The Children's Place

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I always go through this at the end of seasons. I want to take advantage of the amazing sales but have no idea what size my kids will be in.

I'm hoping to find a great snowsuit sale and stock up a few sizes. I hate paying $150 for one snowsuit!

Swimsuits are hard because you can't really buy used. At least if you get a bigger size, it'll probably still fit because they are stretchy. I did that with DD, I bought 2-3 size 4 and 5's so I know she'll have plenty for hopefully awhile. lol
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I always go through this at the end of seasons. I want to take advantage of the amazing sales but have no idea what size my kids will be in.

I'm hoping to find a great snowsuit sale and stock up a few sizes. I hate paying $150 for one snowsuit!

Swimsuits are hard because you can't really buy used. At least if you get a bigger size, it'll probably still fit because they are stretchy. I did that with DD, I bought 2-3 size 4 and 5's so I know she'll have plenty for hopefully awhile. lol
    If you have a Costco card or know someone that does, they have the BEST snowsuits for kids come August and they are under $70. The quality is amazing, they are super warm and I always get 2 years wear out of them.

I am trying to find DS2 pants. At the beginning of the year he fit his pants quite nicely so I did not buy him too many, but then he had a huge growth spurt and shot up 2 inches....now 3 of his pants do not fit him. Problem is, he is 6, needs a size 10 waist, and a size 8 length, so I have a heck of a time finding something to fit his butt and not have to sew.

My daughter needs a new bathing suit too for swimming lessons, but I am making her wait it out until there is more choice. She has a 2 piece, so it just shows off a bit of belly when she wears it, but she is so skinny that it does not really look like her suit does not fit her properly.
    Smartshopper21 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure where you are but try RCSS or a Zerhs that sells clothes. Reg price swimsuits are 14 and both my stores had left over suits from last year on for 4.97.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On the Costco comment - they now have kid swimwear out - I can't remember the price exactly but I'm thinking around $12 ish. Also - can't go wrong with the snowsuits from there - 3 boys - I have every size from 8-16 and they wear great!
    Angela273 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I got DD a nice one from WalMart at the end of Season. $5, UV coating stuff or whatever, and it has a built-in floaty thing, plus it's supposed to stretch up to 5T (dunno about that, we'll see).
    I noticed the Dollarama had their Summer stuff out, already.. DD used to just wear those, we had no issues.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks everyone! We tried everywhere in town, Bonnie Togs, Winners, Sears, Zehrs...not 1 suit to be found

I did buy the suit she grew our of for $5 at the Zehrs end of season, but now they're all out.

Maybe I'll check the dollar store! If I find one there, I might return the one I got. I can't really use the floaty ones since it's for swimming lessons
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Snowsuits, never paid $70 for one. I've been lucky and found them on sale at our Sears Bargain Basement - I bought two sets this year I think, for about $15 each (that's for a set, snowpants and jacket). Is it the same quality you'd get from Costco? Probably not, but DS doesn't fit in the same one more than a year anyhow.

I found a great deal on boys swim trunks a couple months ago, they were $1 at Walmart. My friend took in the waist a bit because they were a smidge big, but work fine.

For grownups, Costco is where I've bought my last couple of suits, they were about $20 or so.
    Angela273 likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had this issue 2 months ago, I was running around to find my DD some swimwear because we just registered her in swimming and it was a last minute decision. I went EVERYWHERE and asked sales people if they had swim suits and everyone looked at me like I was crazy until I went to walmart and found a ballet outfit with a skirt really cute and it works perfectly in the water shes been using that one ever since. But I also saw costco had swimwear out already and they were very nice I was thinking to buy for my DD before she grows out of the one she has already.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since swimming is such an active sport, better err on the quality side when possible. I have a friend who told me that the kids' swimsuits from Joe Fresh fell apart on first use on holiday--she'll steer clear of the store for future kids' clothing needs.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I love Costco for Swim suits and Snow suits but if you do not get the snowsuits in summer and the swim suits in winter you will be out of luck get them while you can I think they are 11.99 right now at costco
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

During Christmas, my family and I went to a destination spa and I forgot to bring my swimsuit! It was in a very remote town and the only big store was a Walmart and they told me they didn't carry swimsuits I had to fashion a makeshift suit out of tank tops & underwear!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That reminds me of several occasions in past when I had to buy something at reg price,because we need that right away.But being a smartcanuck it really kills you.lol ...)) so I can understand that feeling.
    The latest was 2 weeks ago when snow hit our city and DD s snow shoes worn out only after one time use.The tear inside the the sole allows water and make her socks wet.One complain and cry from getting cold feet and hubby was on the way to buy new reg price shoes.
    The other day we were in WM and my littlest one lost the snow hat & I surprised myself by buying a $10 hat before getting out in cold.which I d normally get from Dollarama.So the end of story ..may be I ll think thrice or may be 10 times before spending on myself but no frugality when it come to kids.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I need to buy a new swimsuit for myself and I always have a hard time finding one that fits. I curvy and large chested. The shopping options in our small city are very limited. We do not have a Costco membership, besides that, the closest Costco is 2hrs away. I hated paying over $100 on my current bikini (hubby talked me into buying one) and our local swimming pool's chlorine ate the elastic. Extra sucky because we have started taking our LO swimming and he loves it. Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy re-usable swim diapers for babies? LO is outgrowing his current pair, they were given to us. He is currently 15lbs.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I need to buy a new swimsuit for myself and I always have a hard time finding one that fits. I curvy and large chested. The shopping options in our small city are very limited. We do not have a Costco membership, besides that, the closest Costco is 2hrs away. I hated paying over $100 on my current bikini (hubby talked me into buying one) and our local swimming pool's chlorine ate the elastic. Extra sucky because we have started taking our LO swimming and he loves it. Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy re-usable swim diapers for babies? LO is outgrowing his current pair, they were given to us. He is currently 15lbs.
    I am curvy with a big chest and I bought mine at Costco for $20 a couple of weeks ago. It is the Christina line, and it is a nice suit.

Aside from there, the only place I ever find suits that fit me properly is AdditionElle or Penningtons.
    They cater to the curvy, so I always get what I need there....but they are not cheap. Last suit I bought there was a 1 piece and it cost me $70. The suit before that was a 2 piece and it was $40 a piece.

Walmart suits always fell apart and they never "fit" properly. Zellers had the Christina line, but we all know where they went.

I have no other suggestions, the Bikini Village store or whatever it is called never has suits that fit my shape, and there is not much else out there unless you buy online.

I just popped in to say that if anyone is looking for a kids bathing suit, Walmart does have their new suits out, $9 for both girls and boys. I am not too fond of the boys suit that they had (it was a dark blue short with dragons or something on it) and there was no drawstring in the waist, and the elastic was very loose. This is ok if your kid is a bit "bulky" like my youngest, but my oldest who is tall and thin for 9 who wears a size 10/12 tried on the shorts and they fell right off him.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information