User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Can I do this?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

Question for you experts. Want to get my son a wii u! They are getting the deluxe one soon. $349 plus tax

If I take my dad (senior) can I get the 20% off, then redeem $170 in points and use a 16,0000 WUS $100 or 20x points feels good mailer for my balance oop?

Looking for best way!
    THX!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkinglady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sulley_baby View Post
    Question for you experts. Want to get my son a wii u! They are getting the deluxe one soon. $349 plus tax

If I take my dad (senior) can I get the 20% off, then redeem $170 in points and use a 16,0000 WUS $100 or 20x points feels good mailer for my balance oop?

Looking for best way!
    THX!
    SDM has a TERRIBLE return policy on electronics - as in, they don't allow them, with rare exception (unopened boxes, sealed, and even then there is no guarantee that they won't make you deal with a manufacturer instead). So the short answer would be, I wouldn't do it even if you could do what you are trying to do above... but I can't answer your specific question.
    Insane and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought my Nexus at Shoppers and it has worked great. And considering it's the only way I could afford it I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I took my dad and got the senior's discount, redeemed and paid $44 out of pocket. As long as your total is still $100 pop before taxes you should get your points no problem.
    Anna Michele and kmiecp like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We purchased the wii u through Shoppers for the kids at Christmas... thankfully no problems. And yes, I believe you could do all the things you are asking about... go on seniors day for the discount (I have read somewhere that they sometimes cap the amount of the discount... but could be wrong there so take that with a grain of salt... for some reason $50 is in my mind... but then people were saying that they received more than a $50 discount so???), pay with points and if you are paying at least $100 out of pocket I don't see why you couldn't use the mailer coupon. Nice plan!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

P.S. Don't forget to fill your gift card for the amount you will be spending for even more points!
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    P.S. Don't forget to fill your gift card for the amount you will be spending for even more points!

OH YES YES!!! Thanks for reminder!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

What info did you hear about them getting the deluxe? None around here seem to know anything about it.

And I was holding out to do what you are planning on.

Only 1 difference with me. check with your credit card company.
    Lots offer an extra year warantee on electronics.
    I will be paying with my CC.

Im not worried about their return policy, I have never had a problem with something purchased there
    and I have only ever heard great things about nintendo.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

I contacted HO and they said in select store starting Feb 16!

Ooo good idea about CC too...now I must think.
    sarajk and carlyincanada like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    We purchased the wii u through Shoppers for the kids at Christmas... thankfully no problems. And yes, I believe you could do all the things you are asking about... go on seniors day for the discount (I have read somewhere that they sometimes cap the amount of the discount... but could be wrong there so take that with a grain of salt... for some reason $50 is in my mind... but then people were saying that they received more than a $50 discount so???), pay with points and if you are paying at least $100 out of pocket I don't see why you couldn't use the mailer coupon. Nice plan!
    Yes. The maximum discount is $50. Also if it's on "sale" you usually can't get the senior's discount. Pretty much anything in the flyer is considered "sale" even if it is just the regular price.
    Last edited by Insane; Wed, Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
    luckbealady likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Yes. The maximum discount is $50. Also if it's on "sale" you usually can't get the senior's discount. Pretty much anything in the flyer is considered "sale" even if it is just the regular price.
    Sometimes the max isn't actually capped at $50. When I got the Nexus the cashier told me it was limited to $50, but $54 actually came off.
    And it never hurts to check the prices, even if they are listed in the flyer. Again, my Nexus was listed in the flyer, but it was more for an advertisement that they were selling the product, as the price listed in the flyer was regular price, not sale price.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

FYI tmrw there is no discount, just the special bonus redemption like last time. I remember there were quite a few ppl that got confused when they did this last time awhile ago.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/O...ors-Jan24.aspx
    Insane likes this.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Sounds like a great idea to me!
    sulley_baby likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sulley_baby View Post

Looking for best way!
    THX!
    This is a great idea, but use the 20x mailer instead of the 16,000 points since you'll get about 4,000 more points!

While the flyer sometimes says that the max senior discount you can get is $50, I got $90 once when I purchased a camera at $450. I also redeemed $170 and got 30,000 bonus points for spending over $150. It was a great deal!! Good luck with your purchase!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's generally no need to worry about Nintendo products, even with Shopper's terrible electronics return policy. Nintendo's Customer Service is excellent and if you ever do get a lemon (rare as it is), they will pay for the shipping both ways when you send it in for repairs.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

great news thanks a lot!
    It really is the only way I can afford this "extra"
    Anna Michele and luckbealady like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information