User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By cherios
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By cherios

Thread: Only coupons mailed to St.John's accepted?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was at my local SDM last night tying to use my 20 X points coupon.

I only used 1 coupon that was save $1 WUB 2 eggs (from websaver.ca)
    The Cashier told me the policy is that they can only accept coupons that are to be mailed to St.Johns, NF......?????
    Only Palmolive coupons can be accepted that are mailed somewhere in Ontario.

This coupons was one of thoes egg farmers of Canada ones, and the mailing address on the coupon was Pickering, Ontario so she refused to use it! Anyone heard of this?

Also my total was $56.00 something and then I used my $10 redemption SDM card from promo few weeks ago and she said that would bring my total under $50 so i had to go back and get more items to use my 20 X points coupon.

What a day...and it was 11:30 pm the coldest day of the year, car didnt start, left the cell phone at home and had to go back in and ask the same cashier to use the phone........not a fun day at SDM
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Websaver

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Quponer View Post
    I was at my local SDM last night tying to use my 20 X points coupon.

I only used 1 coupon that was save $1 WUB 2 eggs (from websaver.ca)
    The Cashier told me the policy is that they can only accept coupons that are to be mailed to St.Johns, NF......?????
    I've had the same fight with my local Shoppers. That information is not accurate - as long as the coupon is valid in Canada then they have to take that coupon. I had no results with store management, so I had to call Shoppers head office and complain about the policy. They then spoke with store management and the issue hasn't come up again. I think they also gave me some bonus points for the trouble.
    Quponer likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saint John, New Brunswick is usually printed on most coupons. I'm aware other SCers have encountered stores that won't take coupons if they have the Pickering, ON redemption address or an address that was not New Brunswick.

Besides Shoppers, think it was Canadian Tire that had that stipulation, as one SCer had explained how a friend who was bundling the coupons for CT for redemption was doing that.
    Mia001 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

This has happened to me before i think they just don't read them properly and send them to the wrong place and when they don't get reimbursed get upset, and why can't they send to different envelopes to two different redemption addresses lazy sdm employees
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My local store is ok with those. Just no french or atlantic ones

sry to read you had a bad day on a cold day too!
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the same issue with Foodland. I called their head office and was told it was up to the discretion of the manager at each individual store.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherios View Post
    I've had the same fight with my local Shoppers. That information is not accurate - as long as the coupon is valid in Canada then they have to take that coupon. I had no results with store management, so I had to call Shoppers head office and complain about the policy. They then spoke with store management and the issue hasn't come up again. I think they also gave me some bonus points for the trouble.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday, except it was only Quebec addresses they would not accept. I even had a copy of their coupon policy with me. Three different cashiers told me I would have to call 1-800-Shoppers - so I did. The Head Office assured me I was correct, and that stores MUST accept coupons from all Canadian addresses. They then called my local store, and advised them of same. The store told them they weren't taking coupons from Quebec locations because they had trouble getting re-imbursed. The Head Office advised them that this is NOT the customer's problem and is an internal problem that shouold be escalated to head office via the manager to deal with vendor issues. They gave me a reference number to call back if I have any future problems.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Saint John, New Brunswick is usually printed on most coupons. I'm aware other SCers have encountered stores that won't take coupons if they have the Pickering, ON redemption address or an address that was not New Brunswick.

Besides Shoppers, think it was Canadian Tire that had that stipulation, as one SCer had explained how a friend who was bundling the coupons for CT for redemption was doing that.

St-John NB, that's where most coupons goes....
    as for those going to QC , the 'we have problems to be reimbursed' this is a lazy answer IMHO..... to justify them about not taking those coupons.....
    -maybe thay sent them by error to NB along with the other coupons....just my idea
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Judyhill and bdkmosher like this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I'd call the national number. There's no way that they would leave that up to the manager's discretion.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ironically, one of the coupons my location tried to refuse was an Optimum coupon from Glow. (I think it had a return address somewhere in Ontario).
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got to admit Shoppers turning down a coupon from Glow suggests a coupon problem...

Wouldn't it be nice if each Shopper store's manager could post the coupon policy visibly like Cdn Tire posts their return policy (high, large and can't miss)?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My local shoppers did the same thing to me once, think it was with .75c coffee cream coupon.

Thread Information