User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Inexpensive paint?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking to do some painting in my house and am looking for the best deals on both paint and primer. I assume there are no coupons available for things like this?Does anyone have any tips on the most inexpensive place to buy paint?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    angelapride likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My suggestion is not to buy cheap paint. It will likely be thin and you'll need two coats to cover what would take only one coat with good paint. I buy the Behr Premium Plus from Home Depot. Sometimes they have mail in rebates for it, especially during a long weekend.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I agree with Marstec - cheap paints seem like a good idea but they're just thinned down. It took a lot of convincing but I'm not a firm believer in high quality paint...it handles better and the colours look better. I went as far as buying Benjamin Moore for my latest project...it was amazing and I would definitely do it again. The colours were just 10 times better than anything cheap would have done and it doesn't get scratched off like some cheaper paints I've used.
    rhinoswife, macw1960 and LunchLady like this.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

For interiors, you can use a cheaper paint for your primer (base layer), so that you don't have to use multiple coats of the more expensive paint color you've chosen.

One other thing that has saved me money in the past is to buy from the "mis - tint" stack. Basically, this is paint that was mixed the wrong color, (or the customer just didn't like the way it looked when it dried, etc.) For interiors, if you are just doing a small room, or an accent wall, one gallon will be sufficient for coverage. You can use a mistint for your cheap basecoat, too. Just make sure you pick something that (1) is not a high gloss and (2) is close to the color of your topcoat. For example, I've used a muddy beige mistint as primer for a rich brown, and a pastel pink mistint as primer for an exepensive "washable" lavender paint we put in the bathroom.

Good luck with your project!
    GoJays, GoddessDigi and Meganb214 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My suggestion would be as well to not get less quality paint and wait for sale in specialized stores.They often have B1G1 or sales.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you go to Benjamin Moore Paint they have mis tints for about $20 and they can even match to your colour chip. I have seen samples at Salvation Army for $10 the one when they mix all colours together for shelters I can't remember the name.
    Ciel likes this.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I had my whole house painted in Benjamin Moore paint and it was an awful paint. It did not cover well, the doors and trim that were wood color, did not cover well. The paint chipped, bubbled, peeled off it. I had a rep from Benjamin Moore in to look at it and they agreed it was a problem. (not that I got any compensation, I spent about $3500 on paint then several thsnds for a painter) I am not the first person I know to complain about this paint, it used to be the best paint available, but definatly not anymore. I am repainting my whole house again and I will stay far away from Benjamin Moore paint. If you like a color of a benjamin moore paint, other companies can match it. I have heard Behr is a very good paint..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I love the Behr Premium. I'm in the process of painting a few rooms in our home and this stuff has been great. The enamel paint I'm using has No fumes and easy to clean up after with dish soap and water. Love!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Benjamin Moore is the best paint by far. Way better than Behr.
    addismom, I'm surprised they didnt compensate you. I would have taken it rifght to the top, especially after the rep agreed there was a problem.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

if youre in gta, there is a place called rotblott's downtown (google them) toronto, on the 2nd floor they have paint. its all overstock and leftovers from construction, etc. you can get huge buckets for $30, enough to do a whole floor of a house. it is worth the drive. its a yellow building, can't miss.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When shopping for paint, ask your friends and family if they belong to any unions, etc....often paint shops give significant discounts. Dulux gives 50% on all products to my landlord because he is part of a union.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish there was cheap painting.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe someday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggest you to buy paint from Walmart because they provide less expensive and high quality paints. I bought paint from that site and i am satisfied with their productivity and price range.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meganb214 View Post
    I'm looking to do some painting in my house and am looking for the best deals on both paint and primer. I assume there are no coupons available for things like this?Does anyone have any tips on the most inexpensive place to buy paint?

Thanks!
    Most of the quality paints are high cost. when we use inexpensive paint, right now our come will be guilty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information