User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hello everyone!
    My sister and I are thinking of traveling to Montana this summer, for a shopping (with coupons) trip, to stock up on essentials for the family cabin (toilet paper, paper towels, assorted food items, etc). We're from Calgary, wondering where the best place is to go in Montana. We're thinking of doing a 1-2 day trip.
    Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We've never gone shopping in the US with coupons before, but we do know that the coupon inserts are in the newspapers on Sunday.
    Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

You should also sign up to be on the email list for drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc. They'll send you weekly emails with printable coupons you can use.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    You should also sign up to be on the email list for drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc. They'll send you weekly emails with printable coupons you can use.
    Good idea...I never thought of that! How can you tell I'm still so new to couponing...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was thinking of doing the same but where can i get US coupons? and what are you not aloud to bring back? beware i have never couponed before so im dipping my toes into this

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by philpott30 View Post
    I was thinking of doing the same but where can i get US coupons? and what are you not aloud to bring back? beware i have never couponed before so im dipping my toes into this
    I'm planning on getting coupons from the Sunday paper (in the US, the coupon inserts are in the paper on Sundays). In addition, as Junerose said, I will research what stores I plan on going to, then sign up for their weekly emails. Also, I will bring some coupons.com printed coupons. That's my plan so far!
    As far as what I can bring back, I'm not sure. I most likely will be bringing back more items that have a long'ish' shelf life (health & beauty products, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, canned fruit & veg, etc etc), or items that I can freeze once I'm home. I won't be bringing any fresh fruit or veg, because I know you can't bring that across the border.
    Last edited by susan.h; Mon, May 9th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Kroger and Meijers are great places to shop. Kroger has a swipe card that you signup for (free) and it gets you in store sales. Cheese is something my mom and I always get when we cross the border as it is so much cheaper, and gas!!! Go on an empty tank and don't be fooled by the price, it is cheaper!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Get a good GPS so that you don't end up like that BC couple that got lost in the Nevada desert.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks Cheapcheap for the great tip!
    And Mulock, I think we'll borrow a friends' GPS, as yes, we do not need to get lost! lol!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Make sure you know your prices. I think we get better deals on paper products, and toiletries here in Canada (esp if you shop at LD and stack, or now SOF). BUT the US gets the better deals on food items. Dairy products are always a far better deal than up here.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by susan.h View Post
    Thanks Cheapcheap for the great tip!
    And Mulock, I think we'll borrow a friends' GPS, as yes, we do not need to get lost! lol!
    Don't forget to take a map too.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

For the $ amount that we can bring back duty free, is this based on before or after couponing? I ask because I can just imagine coming back with a car full of goodies but handing over a receipt for $10 could cause problems. Even if they can see the receipt that there were heavy discounts, they might ask you to pull over, no?
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here are some more U.S. printable coupon sites:

http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/f...d.php?t=115550

And you can use cellfire.com to add digital coupons to your store card (they sometimes stack with paper coupons):

http://www.cellfire.com/deals.php

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Goodness, thank you to everyone for all of the awesome info!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Great Falls is fun. It is only about 5 1/2 hours. THey have a Target (not the nicest one, but hey it is still Target!!), the mall has a ROSS dress for less which I LOVE, I find they have way better deals than Winner's. There is also a huge Walmart open 24 hours, a Shopko, K-mart and a mall. You have to hit Sonic while you are there, they have the best Real Fruit Slushie drinks for around $2.00 during the day (Happy hour). They are HUGE and really good. Also, you should go to Jakers for dinner, great service, great salad bar. My aunt has a place down there so we try to go once a year or so. Happy shopping!! Oh and Montana doesn't have sales tax!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
    Great Falls is fun. It is only about 5 1/2 hours. THey have a Target (not the nicest one, but hey it is still Target!!), the mall has a ROSS dress for less which I LOVE, I find they have way better deals than Winner's. There is also a huge Walmart open 24 hours, a Shopko, K-mart and a mall. You have to hit Sonic while you are there, they have the best Real Fruit Slushie drinks for around $2.00 during the day (Happy hour). They are HUGE and really good. Also, you should go to Jakers for dinner, great service, great salad bar. My aunt has a place down there so we try to go once a year or so. Happy shopping!! Oh and Montana doesn't have sales tax!!

Road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tried to put a ticker and can't figure it out</A< a>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information