User Tag List

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else in a "COUPON FUNK"?

It just seems there are not really any new tare pads out in my area or atleast ones for items I normally purchase!

I know the Metro which is 1/2 an hour away does not have any new coupons out and WM never has any.
    Same here, and I agree with macw1960, when I do find them, they aren't too good. I think we have a tear pad thief in my town..not cool

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

tear pad thieves are awful, there is no need to take the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    Same here, and I agree with macw1960, when I do find them, they aren't too good. I think we have a tear pad thief in my town..not cool
    gourmetsue and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got pretty lucky, last week I was too lazy to go and do my normal Saturday shop so I did a smaller one in town. Went into Sobey's to grab a few things I would normally price match else where and to my shock there were new tears pads everywhere. They had a few I had been looking for but a few were missing. To my surprise when I went out on the weekend there were most of the ones I had not already found. Still a few coupons I would really like to find but I will try to trade for these.

Was also gifted some great coupons that I need to sort. I can see already some will go up for trade and some will be little extras in up coming trades.

It just seems there are not really any new tare pads out in my area or atleast ones for items I normally purchase!

I know the Metro which is 1/2 an hour away does not have any new coupons out and WM never has any.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Feb 15th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lucky duck, I'm rural so not many stores to choose from, the perks of living in the country I guess (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I got pretty lucky, last week I was too lazy to go and do my normal Saturday shop so I did a smaller one in town. Went into Sobey's to grab a few things I would normally price match else where and to my shock there were new tears pads everywhere. They had a few I had been looking for but a few were missing. To my surprise when I went out on the weekend there were the most of the ones I had not already found. Still a few coupons I would really like to find but I will try to trade for these.

Was also gifted some great coupons that I need to sort. I can see already some will go up for trade and some will be little extras in up coming trades.
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

OH I know the joys of rural living, I actually live out in a farm town (but the town side, not the farm side) we have one grocery store with Tear Pads (Sobey's) Although lately No Frills is geting more in that aren't coupon zone. So most of the time when I am looking for tear pads I have to drive 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to look, but when I do this it also gives me a chance to pick up items we cannot get here and to shop in different stores. I do not know what it is but I love a new groecery store looking at what they have, different products.

lucky duck, I'm rural so not many stores to choose from, the perks of living in the country I guess (lol).

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I hear you. I have not been able to find any coupons for the last few weeks.
    What's going on? and I live in the city.

macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    oh my gosh Lecale! That's too funny. I have a Breadman machine and it is so loud. It sounds like someone is breaking into the house. I couldn't imagine running it before everyone was out of bed.
    I had mine put away ( was given to me years ago ) and almost forgot how nice the bread is. I have been using up ingredients I have in the house and making differernt types of bread. I have tried adding oatmeal, cereal, raisins, apples, etc. Love to experiment I do half whole wheat flour and half white flour and the bread is excellent. Funny mine is so quite I would keep peeking to make sure it was working I forgot how quite it is. I guess like other small appliances they are all different. Love...Love...love...the smell of fresh bread Have a great weekend everyone.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Same here, even one of the cashiers at NF commented on the same problem.
    Hope some new coupons come out soon.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

For me it's grapes. Haven't been able to buy it for less than $2.97 per lb.
    So I will stock up today at $2 per lb.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I can't buy an apple for less than $.50 right now and they grow here, and bananas are cheaper? Anyway, I am using them for baking too.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:51 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I always look for the 50% of stickers, we have been able to find products we don't normally buy for a pretty cheap price only to find out we like them and it is worth watching for them to go on sale or to be on clearance rack again.

Also love these stickers for produce as we freeze alot of it and are able to sometimes get items that are not on sale but will fit great into our meals.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I got a mad deal on red grapes and brie cheese for Valentines at Zehrs...both had 50% stickers. 1-1/4 lb crisp red grapes for $2.28 and 200g brie, regular 6.99 on sale for 2.99 less 50% = $1.49. So it is worth looking at the cheese I can't afford lol

GT has 8 lb navel oranges for $3.99 ($.50/lb) this week which is a standout deal

Too bad we have a turkey because Metro's hot mammoth bbq chicken 1 kg for $6.99 is another deal. $3.17/lb
    Zehrs has 900g chickens for $10.99 ($5.54/lb) and WM 800g for $8.47 ($4.81/lb)

Made banana bread still trying to make from scratch at home this month
    macw1960, lecale and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just got back from doing groceries, I swear putting the stuff away is by far the biggest job of all compared to using coupons and price matching....I think it's because you're just to tired by the end of it and have the drive home to relax and then ba bam you need to put it ALL AWAY (lol).

So far I'm under budget this week on the groceries, let's hope dh doesn't start putting things in his cart when he is out this afternoon picking up my 3 items (lol).

I was going to purchase some Purex but decided to hold off as I am intrigue about maybe making liquid laundry detergent ourselves, however, having said that I still have about 8 bottles I need to use up.....so I was frugal

I got so many fruits today at a reasonable price - it's been a long time coming, I was so happy and dh is on a diet so all stocked up fruits this week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Back from the dentist and turns out my portion of my night guard was only $40!! So there is an extra $40 in the kitty. I love surprises like that. They also had to redo a filling that they did 8 weeks ago and was still very painful and they did it for free. Yay for free and hopefully pain free dental work.

Digging through the freezer this weekend to find what is languishing at the bottom than can make a yummy meal or two. There must be at least a dozen bananas down there :D Everyone has a stash of bananas in their freezer right?

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Why don't you slice it and freeze it? Then just take out slices from the freezer as you need them....
    Thats not really the issue, the issue is that the slices are way too thick to make sammiches with. I need one of those thingies in which you stick the loaf of bread in and then cut threw the predetermined slots to make normal sized slices. Can't find one though that is good quality. Amazon seems to be the only place that really sells them.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:54 PM.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information